1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there a chain on the original costume cape? On the movie and in stills I've seen you can't see it but it's obvious on the figure. Just wondering about taking it off to look more accurate? The cape will still attach to the figure as there's a piece of elastic that sits over the neck post, so the chain is only for decoration. Or could probably be solved by pulling the cape further back.

I always find it funny that people often times bash a figure and say it looks horrible the. Once they in hand pics are out, they are the ones that order it the fastest. What I've learned in many few years with HT is if it looks really bad in the beginning, generally they will change it up. So while bashing may get them to listen and improve the figure, I would wait to really nitpick until the figure is in my hands. Don't see why people have to post amazing pictures to sway one to pull the trigger. It shouldn't come to that. If I like a figure or character, I'm already set on buying it from the beginning. If HT improves upon it, it's that much more of a bonus.

Just close your eyes and hit pre-order. And Chewie for the second photo.

HT_Vader_TP2.jpg

attachment.php

grrrr... you guys now confused me by adding luke into the equation :) lol - i was never a fan of luke but now there is a bigger choice set :(

so - was researching a bit and found a very interesting link i stumbled upon... its funny how luke is no where on this link. sorry guys sharing as i thought it was a interesting poll. seems a heated debate on who is chosen one in the comment section. thought some of you guys would like it...

This Is Madness: The Star Wars Character Tournament

Great figure would love to have in my collection but around $465 Canadian after taxes from local pick-up can separate my heart (love for Star Wars and collecting) from brain (your gonna spend that much ****ing money on a figure!!! Don’t be stupid you ****ing fool. You idiot trying to ****ing entertain spending almost $500 on a ****ing figure). Guess who’s winning.

Star Wars experts: I need your help!
Problem : I have massive space issues and I can only fit in 3 Star Wars figures from anh! I know sucks big time!
My first obvious choice is vader!
My second obvious choice is Han Solo
My third figure is where I am completely confused!
Is there anyone who can help me decide between Obi and Chewbecca! (Am completely torn apart) I rarely sell my stuff so I want to get this third choice right!

Help me reason a bit friends :( :( :(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Personally I would buy 2 Stormtroopers & Vader

but if it's possible I would do this. Buy Han, Chewie & Luke in 1/6 displayed together and then buy Vader in 1/4 when he eventually goes up and have him as a stand alone somewhere

Sorry man, it's hard to think of the OT w/o Luke... he and Vader are central to the entire series.

I think if you are looking at the 3 Luke, Vader and Kenobi work as Kenobi bridges the gap between father and son. Almost like a Id, Ego and SuperEgo kind of relationship or Father, Son and the Holy Spirit :lol

Was there a chain on the original costume cape? On the movie and in stills I've seen you can't see it but it's obvious on the figure. Just wondering about taking it off to look more accurate? The cape will still attach to the figure as there's a piece of elastic that sits over the neck post, so the chain is only for decoration. Or could probably be solved by pulling the cape further back.

Yup the chain was there ;) just under the helmet during some scenes

darth_vader_and_leia.jpg

Stealth, do you see the redish lenses sometimes? Haven't noticed many recent pics that show them. Your photo above just reminded me.

No can't say i've noticed it myself when taking pics.I've not really looked out for it if im honest but i will next time i take a pic in daylight :duff

image.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

I used sideshows ANH breathing box and weathered it and the belt

I've put next to another Hot toys stock copy just compare

Star Wars experts: I need your help!
Problem : I have massive space issues and I can only fit in 3 Star Wars figures from anh! I know sucks big time!
My first obvious choice is vader!
My second obvious choice is Han Solo
My third figure is where I am completely confused!
Is there anyone who can help me decide between Obi and Chewbecca! (Am completely torn apart) I rarely sell my stuff so I want to get this third choice right!

Help me reason a bit friends :( :( :(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Chewbacca cause you have han solo and you get to play barbie with the fur. you can have the duo close together and vader spaced an inch away.

Back