1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! but the buttons/controls on the SS box are a tad too long/narrow.I still think the HT box looks good scale wise.

Yeah, I think with the belt/cod piece moved up, the HT box is fine. I was wondering if I would swap out any parts but I think I'll likely leave this figure stock. Looks great.

Thanks for comments much appreciated
I think there both wrong but the hot toys scale wise is more like ESB/ROTJ.
Definitely too small for ANH

Man, I love the detail of the grill behind the breath mask. I've got all the Star Wars figures on pre-order with Forbiddn Planet and the wait is killing me :impatient:

There is nothing wrong with the HT chestbox, it's better than Sideshows. Just negatrons looking for something to complain about since they can't complain about the helmet.

However, I agree that the fabric and plastic hand hybrid is weak. I'd trade the swappable LED lightsaber forearm for properly sculpted gloves.

Is this likely to sell out soon guys or impossible to know?

Really want it but christmas coming :(

Is this likely to sell out soon guys or impossible to know?

Really want it but christmas coming :(

Don't know if it would help, but I ordered mine on Popcultcha and paid a deposit of around $70....they won't have it until end of Jan and that's when they'll take the rest of the money. Longer wait, but it'll give you some breathing room. :)

Just close your eyes and hit pre-order. And Chewie for the second photo.

HT_Vader_TP2.jpg

attachment.php

I'm never phased by Con photos. I don't rely on people posting pics when I've actually been to these cons, with the exception of the overseas ones. I only rely on myself, if I see any character I like that HT makes, I PO it. Which if all goes well, I plan on ordering every HT SW release. I buy what I like and don't rely on any photos whether they're terrible or amazing to convince me. I don't jump the bandwagon.

I also like how a lot of people said they would pass on so many figures then they release and order. It's hilarious. And I don't want you to think I'm singling you out. Just reply to your post. It's just these forums are hilarious. So many people go back and forth or bite their tongues once figures are released. It's like why not just wait and see with your own eyes? Rant over.

Those pictures are really tempting me to buy this figure. Hmm.

I used sideshows ANH breathing box and weathered it and the belt

I've put next to another Hot toys stock copy just compare
Looks great. While you have the wheathering paint out, how about painting over those black plainted errors on the chest armor centre stripe and the belt buckle circle.

Thanks for comments much appreciated
I think there both wrong but the hot toys scale wise is more like ESB/ROTJ.
Definitely too small for ANH
The box for all three movies are very nearly identical in size. In fact, the ESB/RotJ are just direct copies of the ANH box with a few additions and alterations, with the RotJ being more corrected shape-wise. The only reason they look smaller is because the tunic and belt are pulled away from it compared to ANH, showing a lot more of the leather undersuit around it.

I could be wrong but I feel that, at least some of the time, the changes are a result of all the complaining. If everyone kept their mouths shut until the figure is released, there might not be any improvements.

Hey para, or stealth or anyone else. Have you guys posed him with his hands on his belt yet? Thats my fav vader pose lol. Was wondering if it was possible.

I could be wrong but I feel that, at least some of the time, the changes are a result of all the complaining. If everyone kept their mouths shut until the figure is released, there might not be any improvements.

I agree, the complaints absolutely will be heard. While I think they're more heard on their FB page it still doesn't hurt to voice your opinions here. But it's like people will complain all the way until it ships. Then we have amazing photographers provide awesome photos and then it's back to praising the figure again. Oh well, just my two cents. Great looking figure.

Personally I don't buy that. Certain cases, sure (believe SSC's IG-88 was corrected due to feedback) but my impression is that they try to get as much right as possible as they have pride in their work and want to deliver the best product they can. I very much doubt the months of complaining in this thread directly caused HT to go back to the drawing board. And think how much compaining there is even after something is revised and released.

I agree, the complaints absolutely will be heard. While I think they're more heard on their FB page it still doesn't hurt to voice your opinions here. But it's like people will complain all the way until it ships. Then we have amazing photographers provide awesome photos and then it's back to praising the figure again. Oh well, just my two cents. Great looking figure.
To the degree they listen (ED-209: 0%), I'm sure quality of feedback matters, though. It'd be great if it turns out they were listening to comments from guys like demorathis (sp?) or TMG. I'm skeptical they listen to regular punters tearing down their product, though, and there certainly was a lot of that going on, too.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would be criticized or mocked for waiting until all of the empirical evidence around the appearance (and sometimes function) of a product moving from prototype to production can be examined prior to pulling the trigger. I'd be more inclined to criticize and mock someone who buy blindly hits the pre-order button just because the name of a character you like is slapped on the display stand :lol.

If one has the wherewithal to purchase every last product that HT (or any other company) produces sight unseen, well then more power to you. I suppose you're entitled to your self-righteous position. But with these prices rising like the tide during a tsunami, I'll be looking at anything and everything photographically or in person that I can consume before I commit my hard earned dollars to a collectible piece.

Back