1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to pass on this. Might grab the stand for the my SSC. Will wait for the inevitable ESB version.

Maybe they would even do an all white armored Vader, always wanted a 1/6 of that.

I have a question for those who have tried to use the sound feature. I went through the pains of undressing him to get to the battery pack in his back. Leaving the switch on, I redressed him. I then put the batteries in the remote unit and turned it on. The sound feature worked great. Last night.

However when I woke up this morning, I tried the sound feature but Vader had gone mute overnight. Not sure what to do. The thought of undressing/redressing him yet again has me wanting to throw up my egg nog. Has anyone else experience this problem?

Just opened mine. First 1/6 Vader and I'm not disappointed. I've always been partial to SW Vader so I'll stick with this one even when ESB/ROTJ Vader comes out. Just opened and not futzed yet.

I have a question for those who have tried to use the sound feature. I went through the pains of undressing him to get to the battery pack in his back. Leaving the switch on, I redressed him. I then put the batteries in the remote unit and turned it on. The sound feature worked great. Last night.

However when I woke up this morning, I tried the sound feature but Vader had gone mute overnight. Not sure what to do. The thought of undressing/redressing him yet again has me wanting to throw up my egg nog. Has anyone else experience this problem?

Read the instructions....auto shut off after 15 min. You have to do that EACH time, which is insane

Read the instructions....auto shut off after 15 min. You have to do that EACH time, which is insane

Yeah. Too bad, really, as the sounds are all great. I wish they had put the sounds in the base.

I did read the instructions... I thought they were referring to the remote unit not the switch in his back. WHo in their right mind would actually plan it this way?

I present my first 3 months and 2015 of 1/6 scale collecting. I collected statues mostly from DC. Always a huge Star Wars fan but was intimidated by tracking down stuff. Hot Toys has made it quite easy to start collecting. Force Friday was the start when I preordered Kylo Ren and while browsing, I saw Vader and was mesmerized. Anyways, here it is.

48PXuJn.jpg

Now Luke is on the way and due Jan 4th. Have Kylo, Rey, Finn, Phasma and BvS Batman preordered.

Anyone have any issue with the droid?
In the directions there's supposed to be a hole for one of the two claw graspers rear top left, but I can't seem to find it.

To the side of the ball in the framework on the top there's a little slot that the arm plugs into. It's between the ball and the framework itself.

Ok, spent hours trying to get all the batteries in Vader. As for the belt boxes, was able to get one to work, but its so dull as to not be worth the extreme effort. Took the armor apart and body suit, to get to the main body, and the screw in Vader's back is in so tight, that I've stripped the screw itself, and will not turn at all -

Needless to say, a little frustrated with the figure. But, he looks great! LOL....oh man...

I did read the instructions... I thought they were referring to the remote unit not the switch in his back. WHo in their right mind would actually plan it this way?

Its really odd......

To everyone that raised the crotch piece: did you have to remove the strap that goes between his legs?

Ok, spent hours trying to get all the batteries in Vader. As for the belt boxes, was able to get one to work, but its so dull as to not be worth the extreme effort. Took the armor apart and body suit, to get to the main body, and the screw in Vader's back is in so tight, that I've stripped the screw itself, and will not turn at all -

Needless to say, a little frustrated with the figure. But, he looks great! LOL....oh man...

Its really odd......

To everyone that raised the crotch piece: did you have to remove the strap that goes between his legs?

No, do not remove it! Simply fold it up under the codpiece and fish it upwards under his vest to hide it away. The Velcro will still work (plenty on either side of the strap).

I found I didn't even need to tuck it up under the vest. I tucked it between his legs Buffalo Bill style, and it stayed there. It can't go anywhere because the stand holds it in place.

Clipper King, in his video, tightened the strap behind the neck by overlapping the Velcro to raise the chest box. I was prepared to do the same, but found that I had to loosen the strap instead because the box was riding too high on the armour.

Didn't have much trouble getting the batteries in - just ram them in against each other and they make room for themselves. But the lights and sounds were so pointless that the exercise was always going to be...pointless...apart from making sure everything worked.

I never leave batteries in any figures.

Thanks for the posts....I will say that the way Sideshow handled the electronics in the Deluxe Vader was a better way to go. HT Vader and the light up saber is great, though. No issues with that at all.......

Looks great, man. The LEGO SW is always fun to display, too. No interest in 1/6 HT Solo or the Wookie, then? Or just outta $$$? :lol

More money than anything. With my other preorders, I pay off monthly. Getting Han and Chewie is going to involve a chunk of money taken. Not ready for that right now.

Hey guys! So I opened my Vader last night and was very disappointed to find that his left leg is about 1/4-1/2 shorter than his right leg so he can't stand :( so he's going to have to go back to SSC. It's unfortunate because it really is a quality feeling figure

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back