1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neato....After some futzing and a little custom work I am happy with my HT Vader. Looks great with his Grandson.

I hope someone takes a crack at doing a custom ANH chestbox. Neither the SSC one nor the HT really seems to capture it very accurately.

I bought some HT Vader gloves to use on my custom, just in case my opinion of them changed...

Still hasn't. :lol

In complete OCD fashion, I did more modifications to my Vader HS. LOL!

•Repainted whole head and neck in, two-tone, gun metal, checkerboard, pattern.
•Painted "c" scratch on his cheek.
•Painted the triangular space between the rods on the right side of his head, black.
•Painted "horseshoe" / "7" mark on his neck.
•Added lots of weathering.

458baf0f07da45ab2e5239a60361ab7c.jpg
9bc404e7f9d3ffb63021f7f48e7abac9.jpg
a51a0834e9c2467fc6cdf4565b7515af.jpg
43f77e295c68b243fbb6cd5ebb1ff5a4.jpg

Without anything left to do to the head sculpt I think I can finally move on to modding the gloves, chest panel, belt, and belt boxes. [emoji23]

fc54b73b7455ba899a61fa8191af042b.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

That is Outstanding! Every effort you've put into this piece has paid off, well done WTC:clap

That is Outstanding! Every effort you've put into this piece has paid off, well done WTC:clap

Thanks!

looks great!! that first pic though... lol!! he just looks like he's so pissed off that he's gotta make dinner again!!

HAHA!

"Who stole my clothes, dammit!"

WTC, what cod piece is that you're using?

I'm using the SSC, ANH, Vader, codpiece. There aren't any that are perfect, but the rectangular area on the old SSC one is closest to screen accurate. The HT codpiece, is really nice, but the rectangular strip is way too wide.

I like the body shape on that, which body did you use ? Looking extremely amazing so far, looking forward to seeing what you do next. ( I'm taking notes to re-do mine)

I like the body shape on that, which body did you use ? Looking extremely amazing so far, looking forward to seeing what you do next. ( I'm taking notes to re-do mine)

I'm using a Hot Toys Roadblock body with modified ankles. I've also swapped the arms with the Stock Hot Toys ANH Vader, they fit into the SSC body suit much better while still having the appearance of muscular arms.

I like the proportions of the Roadblock body much better.

In complete OCD fashion, I did more modifications to my Vader HS. LOL!

•Repainted whole head and neck in, two-tone, gun metal, checkerboard, pattern.
•Painted "c" scratch on his cheek.
•Painted the triangular space between the rods on the right side of his head, black.
•Painted "horseshoe" / "7" mark on his neck.
•Added lots of weathering.

458baf0f07da45ab2e5239a60361ab7c.jpg
9bc404e7f9d3ffb63021f7f48e7abac9.jpg
a51a0834e9c2467fc6cdf4565b7515af.jpg
43f77e295c68b243fbb6cd5ebb1ff5a4.jpg

Without anything left to do to the head sculpt I think I can finally move on to modding the gloves, chest panel, belt, and belt boxes. [emoji23]

fc54b73b7455ba899a61fa8191af042b.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Dammit!

I just sent you mine for the repiant. I tapped some money to his forehead. Hope its enough...

Thanks.

Back