Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics, the waistcoat still has all 4 buttons there as well.

fantastic pictures , really is showing the quality of the tailoring..
Amazing work as always hot toys ! :rock

OK...so someone please explain to me why the socks in those pics are pretty much dead on, but the 'official' pics ones are awful? :banghead

Look what I found :monkey5
I find it interesting that they use promotional pics to develop their products. Wonder if they get any additional photos from WB.

2008521131841558.jpg

2008521131845543.jpg

2008521131849536.jpg

Thanks for sharing. See, this why I think his makeup is so clean and all on the figures, it looks pretty clean in the promo images of Joker, not like the screen appearance. I image they use promo images mostly because they offer the cleanest lighting, they also have much sharper detail than film stills, they're really the ideal image to work on as far as sculpting and tailoring, probably not paint apps though.

They also use promotional stuff because these figures have to be started so far in advance. Remember the Spider-Man 3 debacle? Venom's design changed from every licensed company because his design changed so many times and everyone was working off of promo and pre-production images.

OK...so someone please explain to me why the socks in those pics are pretty much dead on, but the 'official' pics ones are awful? :banghead

let's see what the production pics look like. some of the differences in the prototype pics may have been a function of lighting.

i don't plan on displaying him with his socks showing though, so i'm not as concerned.

let's see what the production pics look like. some of the differences in the prototype pics may have been a function of lighting.

i don't plan on displaying him with his socks showing though, so i'm not as concerned.

True, nor do I. But it does improve the figure greatly to me.

They could have also been changed per WB. HT still has to submit designs and dependant on how strict WB is being changes could have been done on that.

Marvel is notorious for not allowing corrections once a piece has been approved. Master Replicas wanted to change both their scaled mini-bust of the Spider-Man 3 mask and the Church Tower scene because the coloring was off and the suit didn't have the texture. They delayed both to try and get approval for change. Keith, the VP of licensing, told me straight up that the Marvel Films reps said no changes could be done after approval even if it was to make it more accurate.

That isn't the case here but its an example of a company being very stubborn, the opposite is true where the studio could say change something whether they want it that way or not....or don't you remember LFL's idealizing everything in recent times as well....

Didn't know that on the MR Spider-Man 3. Atleast they tried.

They actually scrapped the full sized because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back