Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

Thanks for the info Remy, i have been trying to do just that since before i read this and it wont move out of that area... it's a great looking figure, i am just bummed a bit.

As far as the back spider is concerned though, visually line it up with the fangs to the center stitch of webbing down the back of the neck/shoulders, it doesn't line up properly... i can't move it over any more without it pulling on the side stitch.

Just had high expectations this time due to major love this figure gets... i am sad that at the moment i don't feel the same as many.

M.

a couple minutes of futzing the costume while I posed him solved any alignment and seam issues to my satisfaction.

Thanks for the info Remy, i have been trying to do just that since before i read this and it wont move out of that area... it's a great looking figure, i am just bummed a bit.

As far as the back spider is concerned though, visually line it up with the fangs to the center stitch of webbing down the back of the neck/shoulders, it doesn't line up properly... i can't move it over any more without it pulling on the side stitch.

Just had high expectations this time due to major love this figure gets... i am sad that at the moment i don't feel the same as many.

M.

The blue on your spidey looks like you grabbed it after eating potato chips, it looks stained/dirty.

I see what you're saying about the Spider, the material doesn't look like it's pulling in either direction and the Spider is just off center, but I could be wrong since i'm not actually holding it.

Edit:

I'm wrong. the material is indeed pulling to one side, the side where the Spider is leaning. :slap

you can see in the pattern on the blue that the whole suit is pushed over and not just an off-center spider...

common sense should be included with every Hot Toys purchase lol...this is going to be just like the Iron Man "scratch" issues lol!

Well, I'm eating crow right now after judging this fig really harshly after seeing the initial prototype pictures. I ran by my comic shop on a whim today and they had gotten this guy in, so I took a look and was blown away by the quality of the final figure.

Needless to say, what started as a trip to buy a $2.99 back issue turned into me walking out having spent $150.

Well, I'm eating crow right now after judging this fig really harshly after seeing the initial prototype pictures. I ran by my comic shop on a whim today and they had gotten this guy in, so I took a look and was blown away by the quality of the final figure.

Needless to say, what started as a trip to buy a $2.99 back issue turned into me walking out having spent $150.

Did you also spend the $2.99 :lol

I just got mine today & I'm flabbergasted at how nice it is. I've been waiting for a Spidey like this since the early 80's to replace my Mego which I got from my brother & my sister then stole for her rugrats.

Seriously, how did this figure go so long before selling out? Is it because the box says Spider-Man 3? I don't get how everyone wasn't all over this Batman style.

I've said this before & I'll say it again. With HT you just buy & ask questions later. At least with places like SS you can return it if you don't like it. Sure you have to pay the cost to return, but I like to look at as a rental charge or demonstration fee. :)

I'd rather risk $15 returning it than an extra $100+ to find it later.

The blue on your spidey looks like you grabbed it after eating potato chips, it looks stained/dirty.

I see what you're saying about the Spider, the material doesn't look like it's pulling in either direction and the Spider is just off center, but I could be wrong since i'm not actually holding it.

Edit:

I'm wrong. the material is indeed pulling to one side, the side where the Spider is leaning. :slap

Nah, my pics on this were just a quick shot, the lens is also kind of dirty i noticed, but the blue is just fine in person... i have futzing the ____ of him for the past hour and he is looking better but the back spider=still of center.

you can see in the pattern on the blue that the whole suit is pushed over and not just an off-center spider...

common sense should be included with every Hot Toys purchase lol...this is going to be just like the Iron Man "scratch" issues lol!

I have plenty of common sense thank you, the spider is off center.

M.

Nah, my pics on this were just a quick shot, the lens is also kind of dirty i noticed, but the blue is just fine in person... i have futzing the ____ of him for the past hour and he is looking better but the back spider=still of center.

I have plenty of common sense thank you, the spider is off center.

M.

I wasnt referring to you necessarily but in that picture you posted the suit is clearly twisted...

I just got mine today & I'm flabbergasted at how nice it is. I've been waiting for a Spidey like this since the early 80's to replace my Mego which I got from my brother & my sister then stole for her rugrats.

Seriously, how did this figure go so long before selling out? Is it because the box says Spider-Man 3? I don't get how everyone wasn't all over this Batman style.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I was working at Kay-Bee at the time when it came out. My friend & I joked that we wouldn't even steal that thing. It was so bad.

spiderman(fc).jpg

Last edited:
Well i rang SSC but no answer, so i E-Mailed them about getting a replacement :(

First Figure I've ever had to get a replacement for.

I've got replacement statues and SSC had me destroy the original instead of shipping it back to them, but with never returning a figure i don't know if i send it back or destroy it?

I live in England, so if anybody has done this from here lemme know

Back