Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies guys - I thought I had gathered up some of the top sites by perusing the thread, but wanted to double check since it would be y first time ordering with any of these guys. I think I'll hit Toys2 since they seem to have what I want.

Just can't decide which figure I like better - original or Dark Knight ... decisions ...

I may have missed this in the thread previously, but is the suit for the Dark Knight Batman cloth with hard armor panels on it? It isn't rubber based like the Begins suit - at least that's the way it appears to me. I'm just wondering if this version might have a slightly better range of motion than the Begins figure since there won't be rubber to bunch up in some of the joints thus restricting some flexibility. Not a big deal judging by the pics I've seen posted in these two threads, but just wondering.

Last edited:
I may have missed this in the thread previously, but is the suit for the Dark Knight Batman cloth with hard armor panels on it? It isn't rubber based like the Begins suit - at least that's the way it appears to me. I'm just wondering if this version might have a slightly better range of motion than the Begins figure since there won't be rubber to bunch up in some of the joints thus restricting some flexibility. Not a big deal judging by the pics I've seen posted in these two threads, but just wondering.

thats how it should have been but Hot Toys decided to make the whole dame suit rubber!

Well the medicom TDK is a fabric suit with plates over it. Costs about $200.

All rubber or one piece construction means less chance of breakage than with paneled construction.

If you consider their batman begisn v1, it was rubber plates on a flexible undersuit, and poses could push the rubber plates to pull away from the undersuit, tearing away the glue and portions of the suit if your not careful.

I'd fear the same with rubber plates on a cloth suit, especially with the amount of them on the TDK suits legs. So i'm fine with HT doing solid rubber as long as its flexible and if its like their v2 begins figure it looks to be pretty good.

thats how it should have been but Hot Toys decided to make the whole dame suit rubber!

That's really surprising and just a bit disappointing because from the posted pictures it really doesn't look like a solid rubber suit at all - it does looks like plates over cloth.

I was also hoping it wasn't solid rubber to give a bit more distinction between the two suits. The only thing keeping me from ordering one of these figures (besides deciding which version of Batman I prefer) is the concern over the rubber suit's lifespan/deterioration. I thought if the Dark Knight version was made from a different material it might sway my opinion. Still looks impressive though.

Maulfan: Which Batman is in your sig - V2 Hot Toys or Takara? I know you have the Tak and dig the cape, but it looks like the Hot Toys V2, so just curious.

While I'm not Maulfan, that is the Takara Batman figure.

Maulfan: Which Batman is in your sig - V2 Hot Toys or Takara? I know you have the Tak and dig the cape, but it looks like the Hot Toys V2, so just curious.

While I'm not Maulfan, that is the Takara Batman figure.

Correct, it's the Takara one for the moment. I've got the new Hot Toys figure on PO with Toys2 and they're supposed to start shipping next week. Soon as I get mine, Joker at the same time, I'll be changing the sig out. The Takara figure can make for some nice photos, but I think I'll have more freedom with these new HT Batmans. Can't wait to get the TDK suit one, I like to shoot figures in ways that represent the character and the TDK suit is going to be fun because he just plows through obstacles like a force in that suit.

Hi guys, just a quick question, is the New Costume out like, anywhere? Was it out early on Hong Kong or whatever like it usually happens? Or is it everything pre-order? Because there is this site here that says it has it IN STOCK...

It is slated for release in September so I would say the HK outlets should get them any day now.

Should this figure be more poseable than the other batman figure buy hot toys

Maybe a little bit, but it's another rubber suit design, so poseability should just about be the same unless the construction of it is any different, but that's unknown at this point.

the more i look at these awesome pictures the more i like the new batsuit, not that i don't like the 1st one but there's something about this one.......i don't know, it just rocks!!!!:monkey5
can't wait till this figure is released!

why is medicom releasing their stuff so much later? Even though I am a Hot Toys guy, I would still like to compare before I invest money in a 1/6 figure.

why is medicom releasing their stuff so much later? Even though I am a Hot Toys guy, I would still like to compare before I invest money in a 1/6 figure.

Typically, these comanies take awhile for product to come out, Medicom is probably one of the longest average wait times between seeing a product and actually getting it. Are the Medicom figures even up for pre-order yet. I've seen Medicom figures take almost 8 months or more to finally ship. Hot Toys was on the ball with this license and planned things to have product at the time of the release. This is a rare treat, one of the first times high end products like this have been out just as the property is peaked in popularity and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back