Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a color difference in the medicom and HT versions? Which one do you guys prefer? Which one is movie accurate?

Why is there a color difference in the medicom and HT versions? Which one do you guys prefer? Which one is movie accurate?

Neither really when it comes to the chest coloring. Med had very little distinction in material or color and HT is too light a gray color. I have seen the actual suit at Arclight and the chest color is a very dark grey.

But I'd choose HT, they seem to be closer.

Last edited:
Neither really when it comes to the chest coloring. Med had very little distinction in material or color and HT is too light a gray color. I have seen the actual suit at Arclight and the chest color is a very dark grey.

But I'd choose HT, they seem to be closer.

I actually think the medicom version is more movie accurate. For starters, medicom seem to have the colour more accurate, they have a slimmer facial profile which is closer to the real thing, and the armour plates seem to look more like the actual suit, with the mesh material underneath.

Also, the bat symbol on the chest is too wide on the HT version. Basically the HT version looks a lot like the animated promo pics of christian bale in the new suit, which have him looking bulkier.

In any case - despite the above, i have already pre-ordered the HT version cuz i NEED the batpod and so i need the counterpart figure:naughty

and will be getting the medicom one as well , i hope medicom don't screw up the production versions, because the prototype looks exceptionally good.

Medicom pics:

2698244007_3d99f7a98d_o.jpg

The Med is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but it's not to scale with other HT 12" Figures if you want consistency with your HT figs display... that's what I meant by accurate, I meant scale.

If you're not getting TDK HT figs, it probably doesn't matter.

This may be one case where I actually prefer the Mini-com.

But isn't HT refining their TDK Bats? I thought there was talk about improvements. If that's the case, I'd hold out.

yeah i saw a recent HT picture where they refined the head sculpt to make it more accuratae. I wonder how many people are actually going to end up being medicom seeing that most people are already planning on going with Hot Toys.

I think the HT will still come out superior to the Medi once the dust settles but even if for some reason it wasn't, having the BB HT v2 coming I'd want the Batmans at minimum to be in scale with one another.

The Med is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but it's not to scale with other HT 12" Figures if you want consistency with your HT figs display... that's what I meant by accurate, I meant scale.

If you're not getting TDK HT figs, it probably doesn't matter.

The Medicom TDK fig won't be small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back