Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he definetely looks totally bad ass in the BEGINS suit. I say it like this, the BEGINS suit is built more for intimidation for Bruce to get his symbol recognized and feared within Gotham, and obviously TDK suit is built for speed and utility. That's what made him frightening to me in TDK. He was MUCH MORE vicious when he put on that TDK suit, and he was so fast in his movements. And beyond the intimidating neck of the BEGINS suit, the actual cowl design of TDK suit I thought he looked much more frightening in the cowl. The different facial features, and how they managed to do what they did in B89 with the cowl and make it sink over the eyes just enough to black out the eyes, thus making him more mythic.

But yeah, IDK if it was just me but I think Bale looked better in the BEGINS suit in TDK, then he did in Batman Begins itself. He did lose weight, and because the BEGINS suit is so restrictive and has such a small mouth hole, and considering he got so big for BEGINS, his chin and mouth looked fat and weird quite a few times in Batman Begins. In TDK with the weight loss, the BEGINS suit gives him the mass, and he still has that intimidating narrow Bale jaw coming through the cowl. Made him look alot better. Oh, and I thought he looked most intimidating in that wide angle shot of him on the spiral parking lot right before he jumps down onto the Scarecrow. He looked MASSIVE.

Yup, my favorite images are when the tunnels and ramps make this long streak of orange glow he's riding along, adds a feeling of surrealism to the shot and creates a heavenly glow to enhance the vision of the hero.

Have you ever been to Chicago? I live here and whenever I drive down on Lower Whacker, I can't help but blast the main Batman theme from the GPD chase sense from BEGINS while driving down there. Yeah, I know I'm such a geek. :rotfl

But it gives me goosebumps.

The most I've been in Chicago is Ohare, other than that nope. I drive to the Batman music all the time, nothing like a little Mollossus on the turnpike :lol

They had multiple capes for different parts of BB. Just standard practice - wet cape, flying cape, walking cape, etc.

Same for TDK it would seem.

the actual cowl design of TDK suit I thought he looked much more frightening in the cowl. The different facial features, and how they managed to do what they did in B89 with the cowl and make it sink over the eyes just enough to black out the eyes, thus making him more mythic.

² indeed, I especialy love the way the cowl looks
000hctfysy2.jpg

Love the scene in Deadend where Batman stands after his cape is perfectly laid out on the cement when he jumps off a building. It just rises with him. Awesome scene.

Crappy movie, crappy actors, corny / cheesy overdone psuedo Bat-film. But yes, that image was easily the highlight of that feature.

The most I've been in Chicago is Ohare, other than that nope. I drive to the Batman music all the time, nothing like a little Mollossus on the turnpike :lol

Haha, sometimes it can get you into trouble though got to watch your speed. haha

Sometimes when I'm on Lower Whacker, I want to start zooming inbetween cars the way he does in BEGINS, and I have to remind myself.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

One enjoyable plus of this suit in the movie, it actually felt like Batman was armored, the movement and everything didn't bunch it up or make it look like a big inflated rubber suit around him, it looked legit and like it served a purpose, which made the action sequences that much better, he really looked like a dark Knight of Gotham. I wonder if the Batpod was designed to sort of act like a modern Knight's horse for Batman to ride around on.

the pod actuall could only turn about 5 degrees :) :google
so for corners they had to use a CGI batpod :monkey3
https://features.cgsociety.org/stor...mage&utm_campaign=20080728&referer=newsletter

I thought it was real too ... like one of the displays at some local IMAX theatre's that got the official costume or the bat-pod.

Haha, sometimes it can get you into trouble though got to watch your speed. haha

Sometimes when I'm on Lower Whacker, I want to start zooming inbetween cars the way he does in BEGINS, and I have to remind myself.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Ya, it can be a bad idea at times, like when I'm playing it on 30mph backroads haha. The worst is when a nice track kicks in, on a fast road, but the numb nuts in front of me is going under the limit, makes me wish I had the tumbler, I'd take 'em out like the garbage truck :lol I really wouldn't.

that looks so awsome !!
If you look at it quick looks real !!
I cant wait to get this fig.

Well, it'll still be a great looking figure, but a lot of what is awesome in that photo is the moody lighting.

MaulFan said:
I'd take 'em out like the garbage truck I really wouldn't.
I felt like a kid again with that scene. All hell is breaking loose, you FEEL the danger for Harvey, then the Batmobile lights appear down at the end of the road after we had assumed Bruce hung up the mantle. Heading full speed at the garbage truck and semi. WHAM takes out the garbage truck. Joker: "Hmmmm", u-turns to go after the Joker. Pure BLISS. Best car / bike chase scene I've seen in quite sometime.

LOL!

yeaa man the soundtrack kicks so much ass!!
Hans zimmer rocks !

did you know he had hes hands on the soundtrack of IRON MAN.
while I was watching the movie I was like " Man this feel like Hans Zimmer "
sure enogh at the end credits I saw his name.
He was not the main composer but he was involved with the score.

I have all the movies hans has composed.

Love the scene in Deadend where Batman stands after his cape is perfectly laid out on the cement when he jumps off a building. It just rises with him. Awesome scene.

Total agreement! It was this "crappy" movie that made history at that particular year's SDCC and woke up both the Batman and Predator (AVP) franchises, so I do not think it was so crappy. I LOVED that film's rendition of Batman, as he looks almost as THE QUINTESSENTIAL Batman to me. And yes CW, that cape shot is a landmark Batman movie moment.
Total agreement. :rock

I felt like a kid again with that scene. All hell is breaking loose, you FEEL the danger for Harvey, then the Batmobile lights appear down at the end of the road after we had assumed Bruce hung up the mantle. Heading full speed at the garbage truck and semi. WHAM takes out the garbage truck. Joker: "Hmmmm", u-turns to go after the Joker. Pure BLISS. Best car / bike chase scene I've seen in quite sometime.

I like better how it's totally just the sounds of the vehicles and weapons all the way up until the Batpod breaks out of the Tumbler, and you see it ride for a bit then that pounding, pulse like music kicks in and gets you all excited cuz you know he's about to throw down.

I like better how it's totally just the sounds of the vehicles and weapons all the way up until the Batpod breaks out of the Tumbler, and you see it ride for a bit then that pounding, pulse like music kicks in and gets you all excited cuz you know he's about to throw down.

Definetely, man. The Batman theme kicks in with those beating war drums. Ahhh such an awesome film. I cannot wait for the DVD. I told myself I wouldn't see it anymore (standing at 4 times) until the dvd comes out.

oohh man !! seen the movie 4 times.
just taking about the movie makes me want to go see it again.

see what happends when we talk to much about TDK.
Me and slingblayde going to go see it on IMAX tomorrow.
wooot !! so pumped to go see it again

I have to say, Joker and Batman alone ties with Pacino and DeNiro together in HEAT for my all-time favorite rival dialogues, it's just so awesome to see good and bad together conversing like pals and probing into each others behaviors. I love the influences of HEAT on Dark Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back