Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with Batman stories is that they still suffer from crossoveritis but it seems to be way less defined than in the Superman comics, but I don't find it bad, maybe just ok but not bad.

My problem with King's book was that they hyped it up way too much, especially with him coming off Vision, and it ended up being average, at best. There's nothing unique or even interesting about it. It's just... a Batman book.

Not every single book is a groundbreaking success, in fact none of them are groundbreaking, but they are mostly from good to great, I don't think there's a single bad book yet, even Aquaman at worst is "just ok" too.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They're all "comfy". Not too good, not too bad, but still, enjoyable. Except Deathstroke. This book is on fire. It's just that the whole 'net is all "REBIRTH IS SO COOOOOOUGHGHGHGEEEAAAYYYAEEEEEAAH". It's hyperbole to the 7th Heaven. Cyborg ****ing sucks, for example (it's got an all-around average of 4.0).

PS: The Wildstorm revival is off to a good start I think.

What Rebirth succeeded at was going back to basics, something Marvel desperately needs, and was it you who told me that they're planning on doing that soon? I look forward to that.

Didn't you hear about the WonderCon fiasco? Basically a Top Marvel Guy (nothing anonymous, I just don't remember his job title, but he was right up there with EiC Alonso) said that "consumers didn't want more minorities and women, so we're gonna stop our diversity push". And from then on it just got worse. The SJWs are complaining that they're racist, the /pol/'s are saying it's a fraud, etc, etc. It's a nightmare.

As for the Marvel Rebirth, it was "leaked" by BleedingCool, and it's supposed to launch in October or so. Basically all titles will go to their original numbering, so we're gonna get, say, Amazing Spider-Man 700 + whatever number of issues the current volume reaches. Marvel came out with a GENERATIONS banner, showing the old and new characters with the same name, but it's just a mini Time Travel -esque story.

As for how likely it is, dunno. The BC leaks are fairly reliable, and they did announce that there'll be no more events for at least 18 months. Couple that with the WonderCon comments, and it might be true. Just a few months to go, I guess. The solicits up until June are up, and such announcements take place in July, during SDCC.

The problem with Marvel is that they're publishing way too much stuff, have completely changed the status quo of every single character, and are giving chances to crap characters, all that coupled with constant events, 4$ books and almost monthly 10$ specials/annuals/oversized issues/what-the-****-ever.

What they need to do is set a certain amount of books, and break them off into families. Here's how a logical person would do it:

Spider-Line: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Woman, Superior Octopus

Heroic-Line: Avengers, Captain America, Invincible Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Captain Marvel

International-Line: Black Panther, Captain Britain & Excalibur, Namor, Doctor Doom

Sci-Fi-Line: Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer, Inhumans, Fantastic Four & The Future Foundation, Eternals

Supernatural Line: Doctor Strange, Blade, Midnight Watch (Team Book), Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch

Fantasy Line: Thor, Loki, Hercules, Journey Into Mystery (Anthology)

Street-Line: Daredevil, Luke Cage & Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Punisher, Marvel Knights (Anthology)

X-Line: Uncanny X-Men (Main), Wolverine, X-Force, Astonishing X-Men (Supporting), New X-Men (Teens), Deadpool, Magneto

Espionage-Line: Secret Avengers, Black Widow & Winter Soldier, Thunderbolts (led by Hawkeye), War Machine

These are 45 books, broken into little categories. That way the classics have their titles, a couple of well known B-Listers get their time to shine in their own ongoings, with the lesser known characters going in anthologies or team-books. I mean, do we really need solos for America, Squirell Girl, the U.S.Avengers, etc, etc? While say, Beta Ray Bill makes an appearance once very two years? Nah. Just go back to the basics and see what happens.

Nice, thanks for posting that.

That's the first time the full pic is released right? I remember it was released cropped and out of focus and been looking for the full pic since MoS came out. Here it is bigger.

superman-Henry-Cavil.jpg

Thats what a real man looks like

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They're all "comfy". Not too good, not too bad, but still, enjoyable. Except Deathstroke. This book is on fire. It's just that the whole 'net is all "REBIRTH IS SO COOOOOOUGHGHGHGEEEAAAYYYAEEEEEAAH". It's hyperbole to the 7th Heaven. Cyborg ****ing sucks, for example (it's got an all-around average of 4.0).
They're all comfy, sure, but at least the ones I'm reading reach levels of great very often, overall the praise is well earned, DC is doing it right, they just need to finish the job properly and maintain that quality, I was pretty tired of every single comicbook had to be end of the world greatest comicbook story every written contender, small, comfy and nice is better, it'll develop instant classics on its own if they maintain that quality and keep inspiring artists.

That's the first time I heard anything about Cyborg though, I assumed nobody read Cyborg :lol he doesn't belong in a solo, he needs to be in the titans, that's probably the only fat Rebirth needs to cut.
Didn't you hear about the WonderCon fiasco? Basically a Top Marvel Guy (nothing anonymous, I just don't remember his job title, but he was right up there with EiC Alonso) said that "consumers didn't want more minorities and women, so we're gonna stop our diversity push". And from then on it just got worse. The SJWs are complaining that they're racist, the /pol/'s are saying it's a fraud, etc, etc. It's a nightmare.
They're right of course, we don't want our comics with that PC crap, much less if there are no good stories or character to at least make the PC crap tolerable.

Let them stop caring about SJW's, they don't matter, they're not buying comics, even if they return to how things used to be and they all complain, their old readers are gonna come back and sales will start going up.

As for the Marvel Rebirth, it was "leaked" by BleedingCool, and it's supposed to launch in October or so. Basically all titles will go to their original numbering, so we're gonna get, say, Amazing Spider-Man 700 + whatever number of issues the current volume reaches. Marvel came out with a GENERATIONS banner, showing the old and new characters with the same name, but it's just a mini Time Travel -esque story.
Sounds nice.

The problem with Marvel is that they're publishing way too much stuff, have completely changed the status quo of every single character, and are giving chances to crap characters, all that coupled with constant events, 4$ books and almost monthly 10$ specials/annuals/oversized issues/what-the-****-ever.
Yup.

What they need to do is set a certain amount of books, and break them off into families. Here's how a logical person would do it:

Spider-Line: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Woman, Superior Octopus

Heroic-Line: Avengers, Captain America, Invincible Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Captain Marvel

International-Line: Black Panther, Captain Britain & Excalibur, Namor, Doctor Doom

Sci-Fi-Line: Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer, Inhumans, Fantastic Four & The Future Foundation, Eternals

Supernatural Line: Doctor Strange, Blade, Midnight Watch (Team Book), Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch

Fantasy Line: Thor, Loki, Hercules, Journey Into Mystery (Anthology)

Street-Line: Daredevil, Luke Cage & Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Punisher, Marvel Knights (Anthology)

X-Line: Uncanny X-Men (Main), Wolverine, X-Force, Astonishing X-Men (Supporting), New X-Men (Teens), Deadpool, Magneto

Espionage-Line: Secret Avengers, Black Widow & Winter Soldier, Thunderbolts (led by Hawkeye), War Machine

These are 45 books, broken into little categories. That way the classics have their titles, a couple of well known B-Listers get their time to shine in their own ongoings, with the lesser known characters going in anthologies or team-books. I mean, do we really need solos for America, Squirell Girl, the U.S.Avengers, etc, etc? While say, Beta Ray Bill makes an appearance once very two years? Nah. Just go back to the basics and see what happens.
Yes yes yes yes.

I thought rebirth was to get rid of the 52 branding. I don't know. I gave up when I had bought like three Swamp Thing #1s within a year.

I didn't fully keep up with new52. Wasn't it well received at first? Capullos run on batman was amazing!

I didn't fully keep up with new52. Wasn't it well received at first? Capullos run on batman was amazing!
It was terribly received at first, it was only after people actually started to read it that it started to get some recognition, now you even have people missing aspects from new 52 like Superbro, people were missing him all the time he was gone.

Like others have said the ideal scenario would be to restore pre52 as main continuity and keep New52 as an "ultimates" type thing.

It was terribly received at first, it was only after people actually started to read it that it started to get some recognition, now you even have people missing aspects from new 52 like Superbro, people were missing him all the time he was gone.

Like others have said the ideal scenario would be to restore pre52 as main continuity and keep New52 as an "ultimates" type thing.

Ah, I see.

Still though, skulls batman was one of the first comics in years to really draw me in. It was even drawn like a movie. I've yet to read end game and I'm soo excited for the collection to release

They're all comfy, sure, but at least the ones I'm reading reach levels of great very often, overall the praise is well earned, DC is doing it right, they just need to finish the job properly and maintain that quality, I was pretty tired of every single comicbook had to be end of the world greatest comicbook story every written contender, small, comfy and nice is better, it'll develop instant classics on its own if they maintain that quality and keep inspiring artists.

That's the first time I heard anything about Cyborg though, I assumed nobody read Cyborg :lol he doesn't belong in a solo, he needs to be in the titans, that's probably the only fat Rebirth needs to cut.

I guess. I mean, Deathstroke is as good as it gets and Wildstorm is Ellis at his good (not best, but good). It's just that the hyperboal is through the roof, to the point you'd think that REBIRTH has overseen by Moore, with Morrison, Ellis & Hickman as Editors.

They're right of course, we don't want our comics with that PC crap, much less if there are no good stories or character to at least make the PC crap tolerable.

Let them stop caring about SJW's, they don't matter, they're not buying comics, even if they return to how things used to be and they all complain, their old readers are gonna come back and sales will start going up.

He's right, but after the blacklash Alsonso was all "nonono, that was all rubbish, we're still going to reflect the world outside yadayada...". Honestly, Alonso needs to go, Slott needs to be off Spider-Man, and Bendis needs to have less say in the company. I read that certain big name writers might come back, so who knows. hickman pitched a Legion book that DC flat out rejected, while Marvel let him do whatever the hell he liked, so I can see him and folks like Remender coming back for a book or two.

Sounds nice.

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Deadpool especially has jumped the shark. I found myself paying 20 euros every other month just for DP. Honestly, they should either lower the prices or stop the bi-monthly shipping.

Yes yes yes yes.

I know, right? It's so easy, and yet we have ongoings about America Chavez, Iceman and Aaron's Z-List X-Kids, a book about OC Sorcerers, and countless Deadpool minis, while Doom is playing Iron Man, Bendis' OC has hijacked the Iron Man name, going against established canon, and Captain America is a title shared by Falcon and HYDRA-OC. It's nuts.

Ah, I see.

Still though, skulls batman was one of the first comics in years to really draw me in. It was even drawn like a movie. I've yet to read end game and I'm soo excited for the collection to release
Skulls Batman? Which one is that? Is that part of the Snyder/Capullo Batman run?

I remember that run receiving praise for the art being so cinematographic, that along with Manapul's Flash, Azz's Wonder Woman's and Morrison Action comics really made the New52 detractors look silly.

Skulls Batman? Which one is that? Is that part of the Snyder/Capullo Batman run?

I remember that run receiving praise for the art being so cinematographic, that along with Manapul's Flash, Azz's Wonder Woman's and Morrison Action comics really made the New52 detractors look silly.

Ah excuse me, Capillos run. Death in the family etc. It got me back into comics

I guess. I mean, Deathstroke is as good as it gets and Wildstorm is Ellis at his good (not best, but good). It's just that the hyperboal is through the roof, to the point you'd think that REBIRTH has overseen by Moore, with Morrison, Ellis & Hickman as Editors.
Are you getting your feedback from the folks at CV and CBR by any chance? :lol because their taste in comics is eeeh :lol

People on 4chan and reddit seem to be cooler about it, like most people agree it's good to great but that's about it, they call out the flaws and praise appropriately, skimming past the memes that is.

I know, right? It's so easy, and yet we have ongoings about America Chavez, Iceman and Aaron's Z-List X-Kids, a book about OC Sorcerers, and countless Deadpool minis, while Doom is playing Iron Man, Bendis' OC has hijacked the Iron Man name, going against established canon, and Captain America is a title shared by Falcon and HYDRA-OC. It's nuts.
It's so easy to point out the worthwhile ANAD characters, because the fans are not complaining 24/7 about them and they're actually selling well :lol

Like Kamala Khan and Miles Morales. They can keep those. Everyone else HAS TO GO BACK!

Ah excuse me, Capillos run. Death in the family etc. It got me back into comics
Oh I thought it was a story arc I missed or something :lol yeah, it was a good run, the current run does pale in comparison but I think Flash/Batman team up with ramp up the quality.

Wasn't there a caveman batman? He was wearing a skull Mr. Green think. Needless to say, Mr. Green didn't buy into it. Too many variation to buy.

Are you getting your feedback from the folks at CV and CBR by any chance? :lol because their taste in comics is eeeh :lol

People on 4chan and reddit seem to be cooler about it, like most people agree it's good to great but that's about it, they call out the flaws and praise appropriately, skimming past the memes that is.

I was talking about 4chan, actually. I got banned 4 LYFE over at CBR (over the American Psycho Christian Bale "Smooch" gifif you can believe it) and CV is practically dead now that Gamespot bought it. Dunno, it's just that everywhere I look everyone's all waaaay too overhyped.

It's so easy to point out the worthwhile ANAD characters, because the fans are not complaining 24/7 about them and they're actually selling well :lol

Like Kamala Khan and Miles Morales. They can keep those. Everyone else HAS TO GO BACK!

Well, Morales is not an ANAD character, and I might be one of the few folks who don't care about Khan. I prefer Cho, really. At least the Pre-Hulk Cho. And I grew to kinda like Sam!Nova. Apart from them, uh... Silk got better when Slott let her go...

I was talking about 4chan, actually. I got banned 4 LYFE over at CBR (over the American Psycho Christian Bale "Smooch" gifif you can believe it) and CV is practically dead now that Gamespot bought it. Dunno, it's just that everywhere I look everyone's all waaaay too overhyped.
You have to skim through the memes man, everything is either the worst of the best there (just like all the rest of the internet).

But when people actually take the time to post non-memes there's where you can tell the real opinion from the memes.

It's like on /tv/ BvS (or any movie) being either KINO or WHAT WENT WRONG?

lurk more. :lol
Well, Morales is not an ANAD character, and I might be one of the few folks who don't care about Khan. I prefer Cho, really. At least the Pre-Hulk Cho. And I grew to kinda like Sam!Nova. Apart from them, uh... Silk got better when Slott let her go...
Yeah I know, but it fits with the whole ANAD principle, I'm actually surprised he wasn't pushed insanely more during that period.

Maybe you didn't care about Khan, but did you read it and thought she was the cardboard cutout of a character like Whor or ANAD Cap Marvel were?

Hell, there was more political crap in other books than in the one about the Muslim teenager :lol

You have to skim through the memes man, everything is either the worst of the best there (just like all the rest of the internet).

But when people actually take the time to post non-memes there's where you can tell the real opinion from the memes.

It's like on /tv/ BvS (or any movie) being either KINO or WHAT WENT WRONG?

lurk more. :lol

Yeah, I've only been visiting the place regularly for a week or so.

Yeah I know, but it fits with the whole ANAD principle, I'm actually surprised he wasn't pushed insanely more during that period.

Maybe you didn't care about Khan, but did you read it and thought she was the cardboard cutout of a character like Whor or ANAD Cap Marvel were?

Hell, there was more political crap in other books than in the one about the Muslim teenager :lol

Morales was big when the MCU Spidey film was set to be announced. When Marvel went with a White Parker, the SJWs went off. Then... it all died down and Miles went back to being another Spider-Person. He's also semi-banging Spider-Gwen, so he's got that going for him.

Eh, I read one or two issues, but... it just wasn't my thing. I don't care about teenage characters, school problems, etc, etc. She's just not a character that appeals to me.

As for NuThor and ANAD Cap, I found the former somewhat enjoyable at times (maybe it was just the vibrant art), and I didn't find anything wrong with Sam!Cap. Falcon's a chill dude, I like him. Put him in a Secret Avengers book with War Machine, Black Widow and the like, and I'll buy the hell out of it.

If you're talking about HYDRA!Cap, I didn't follow the series "too closely", but eh, I like him. He's a straight-up anti-villain who gets **** done. Marvel should've just done a HYDRA book and used another character as the POV guy, 'cause the whole Kobik thing is stupid. It's a story that has potential, but it doesn't work as a Cap one.

Back