MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was probably discussed at length, but how in the hell does stane walk in that thing? Where do his legs go? Yeah movie magic, guy in huge robot suit, suspension of belief blah blah...but still...how?

This was probably discussed at length, but how in the hell does stane walk in that thing? Where do his legs go? Yeah movie magic, guy in huge robot suit, suspension of belief blah blah...but still...how?

Ive been wondering that since I saw the movie.

Mine came today, long wait but worth it.

IMG_2314.jpg

I thought I recognized that pose:

welch-one-million-years.jpg

:D :D :D

Very nice pics, bro, and I love what you did with OS figure. :rock

Ive been wondering that since I saw the movie.

You'd think with the way his legs are positioned in the suit, his legs would be crushed...or he wouldn't be able to move at all.

Leave your brains at the door and you'll enjoy the movie more.

Now, where did I leave mine....

I thought the same thing, too. One could think maybe Obadiah has prosthetic legs and takes them off when he's inside Iron Monger. :monkey1

I thought the same thing, too. One could think maybe Obadiah has prosthetic legs and takes them off when he's inside Iron Monger. :monkey1

In the movie it seems like there's enough room for his feet to rest just above the knees, for the figure he would have to be an amputee.

I did this in Photoshop, because I've thought about this issue too. Even with the HT Monger slightly underscaled as it is, it seems possible that Obi could fit inside without having crushed legs. The suit would just have to be designed with empty space inside for the legs obviously, and the power structure surrounding the hollows.
Even at the points where the human and Monger knee joints don't overlap, I think the human legs would just move inside the joint space without damage. Presumably the Monger legs would have built-in restrictions on how far they can bend, to avoid injury. I know I'm DEEP into nerd territory here, but it helps me suspend disbelief and enjoy the fantasy.
staneinmongerw.jpg

Last edited:
This image is deeply disturbing. :lol

He seems a little too small and too high up in relation to his actual placement inside Monger.

I did this in Photoshop, because I've thought about this issue too. Even with the HT Monger slightly underscaled as it is, it seems possible that Obi could fit inside without having crushed legs. The suit would just have to be designed with empty space inside for the legs obviously, and the power structure surrounding the hollows.
Even at the points where the human and Monger knee joints don't overlap, I think the human legs would just move inside the joint space without damage. Presumably the Monger legs would have built-in restrictions on how far they can bend, to avoid injury. I know I'm DEEP into nerd territory here, but it helps me suspend disbelief and enjoy the fantasy.
staneinmongerw.jpg

I still love your devotion to the cause Andrew! You're the man :hi5:

staneinmongerw.jpg

Nice.

Although I see no reason why he isn't just sitting down in there. Plenty of room for a seat or even sitting cross legged on the 'floor.' There is no reason to think Monger was controlled by him moving his arms and legs. Probably more like a video game controller or remote control car - except he was just in it. :dunno

Back