MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I play with my toys lol, thanks

pizzaim7.jpg

pizzaim1.jpg

pizzaim6.jpg

pizzaim5.jpg

pizzaim3.jpg

pizzaim2.jpg

pizzaim8.jpg

This image is deeply disturbing. :lol

He seems a little too small and too high up in relation to his actual placement inside Monger.
You're absolutely correct about him being too small, so I took some more careful measurements and re-sized the Stane figure in relation to the Monger suit. The height at which the top of his head sits was right though. It sits 3/8th inch below the highest point of the armor shoulder guards.
You were also correct about the image being disturbing, so I gave Obi some Happy Bunny™ boxer shorts.
More good news: With Stane at a larger correct scale, his knee joints line up much better with the Monger knees. He CAN fit inside!
staneinmonger.jpg

You're absolutely correct about him being too small, so I took some more careful measurements and re-sized the Stane figure in relation to the Monger suit. The height at which the top of his head sits was right though. It sits 3/8th inch below the highest point of the armor shoulder guards.
You were also correct about the image being disturbing, so I gave Obi some Happy Bunny™ boxer shorts.
More good news: With Stane at a larger correct scale, his knee joints line up much better with the Monger knees. He CAN fit inside!
staneinmonger.jpg

Haha nice. Now all he needs is an innertube!

While technically the Monger legs are thick enough, I always had the impression that the joints on him (aside from the upper legs) were purely mechanical with no room for a human limb inside (like his arms). I'd love to see a blueprint for this thing if it exists somewhere!

Haha nice. Now all he needs is an innertube!

While technically the Monger legs are thick enough, I always had the impression that the joints on him (aside from the upper legs) were purely mechanical with no room for a human limb inside (like his arms). I'd love to see a blueprint for this thing if it exists somewhere!

I can't find a larger version, but here is the concept art. It's not exactly how it was depicted in the film but you get the idea. The actual mechanics still bother me though.

Imonger1.jpg

I can't find a larger version, but here is the concept art. It's not exactly how it was depicted in the film but you get the idea. The actual mechanics still bother me though.

Imonger1.jpg

Very cool. The only prob here is waist movement, it would be kind of tough on the old knees. But who cares, I'm not ever planning on displaying Stane inside anyway.

My Monger for now

photodec01210837.jpg

From the side it looks even more massive in contrast to those mini IMs

Very cool. The only prob here is waist movement, it would be kind of tough on the old knees. But who cares, I'm not ever planning on displaying Stane inside anyway.

That was my thought, exactly. The range of motion for human knees is NOT the same as for hips, so that suit would essentially rip the operator's legs apart. Ahhhh, I don't try to over-think the Monger suit too much; after all there is no way RDJ could fit inside the IM suit, either. It's a head too high, the waist is impossibly small, shoulders too wide, etc. It's meant to emulate the comic aesthetic of IM, which was NOT closely modeled on actual human anatomical proportions. I love Monger because it is massive and cool and I can't wait for mine to arrive next week!!! :yess:

I have a feeling the BD MK 3 will be shooting up in price now :lol

Screw that, I'm hoping HT will release a modded Mark II AU as the Mark III 2.0, and that it will have swap out BD armor, new RDJ head sculpt, and a reuse of that cool base that came with the original Mark III BD fig! Of course, with Hot Toys' ever increasing price points, you might be able to buy 2 of the original Mark III BD figs for the price of the one I just proposed! :monkey1

I sold the two III BDs I had.. both had pink undies so I just couldn't bare to keep them anymore. I doubt HT will redo them but IV or VI will be enough of a stand in for me

The range of motion for human knees is NOT the same as for hips, so that suit would essentially rip the operator's legs apart.
I disagree for this reason: When the upper half of Monger turns from side to side, the human body inside doesn't need to turn to the same degree. The upper half of the body can turn within its normal range, while the upper half of the armor turns much further. I *imagine* Stane's arms are at his sides down to the elbow, and his forearms and hands wrap around to the front, resting at a control pad near his lower abdomen. Because Stane's upper torso doesn't wheel around like the armor does, his legs and knees would be fine.
Stark fitting into the IM armor is a completely different story, I agree with you there.

yes, Oh I wasn't suppose to show it of yet as he only got a small shipment but more coming next week

I disagree for this reason: When the upper half of Monger turns from side to side, the human body inside doesn't need to turn to the same degree. The upper half of the body can turn within its normal range, while the upper half of the armor turns much further. I *imagine* Stane's arms are at his sides down to the elbow, and his forearms and hands wrap around to the front, resting at a control pad near his lower abdomen. Because Stane's upper torso doesn't wheel around like the armor does, his legs and knees would be fine.
Stark fitting into the IM armor is a completely different story, I agree with you there.

We may be talking about two different things; I was referring to that concept art that shows the knees at the same level as the suit's hips. Knees are a hing joint, hips are a ball joint - when the suit took a large step to the side (or when the hips abduct forward, for that matter), I'm imagining it doing terrible things to the operator's knees! :horror

Back