MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price certainly turned people away originally. People felt he was something they could pass on or wait for in hand pics for. So he definitely had a lower production run than a normal HT figure. He will definitely bee a grail item. I can easily see him going for $1,000+ in just a few years. He's not a figure/character they can really get away with doing a 2.0 or DX of. They pretty much put everything they could into this release.

If you are still on the fence or haven't bought the figure yet and want to, I'd highly suggest picking it up before it dries up and starts going for more than retail. You wouldn't have a problem flipping it in a few months if you regret it, which I doubt you would.

I can't wait to see the Hulk next to this guy now. He's like the only other big character that you could face him off with. My one disappointment with the Avengers is we never got the Hulkbuster Iron Man outfit. And I don't really see them needing to use one now that Hulk is on the team and playing nice. :(

I started collecting Ironman items about the time SDCC came around. I was not to happy about the price but caved in knowing if I don't buy it now. I will kick myself. I don't like to kick myself. I do see this going going higher like most here think it will.

I would say if you could, get it on flex pay. It helps with the high cost but if its on the wait list. Full price, I think someone said BBTS had like 130 of them?

DSC_1359_zps1b70cca4.jpg

DSC_1358_zps24a97706.jpg

DSC_1356_zpsf43e6fc8.jpg

DSC_1354_zps8e5b8a67.jpg

DSC_1353_zpsf66e5d80.jpg

Cool pics! :clap

Looks like robot from The Iron Giant.

Agreed! :hi5:

I got mine in yesterday, holy cow this thing is a beast.

My GF's jaw hit the ground when she saw it. First words. "where you going to put that thing?"

I was surprised at the detail on this thing. When I heard/saw that the arms where attach to pistons, my first reaction was "great, now I can't move the arms without fear of breaking something"

But the arm articulation is really smooth, and not a ratchet, so there's complete control of arm position.

A Fanatastic piece in my collection. Now where to put it...

I got mine in yesterday, holy cow this thing is a beast.

My GF's jaw hit the ground when she saw it. First words. "where you going to put that thing?"

I was surprised at the detail on this thing. When I heard/saw that the arms where attach to pistons, my first reaction was "great, now I can't move the arms without fear of breaking something"

But the arm articulation is really smooth, and not a ratchet, so there's complete control of arm position.

A Fanatastic piece in my collection. Now where to put it...

It's an amazing piece.
Do what you must to keep it... get rid of furniture if you have to. :D

Just posted up our review on this guy!

ironmonger18.jpg

Check it out if you get a chance- Hot Toys MMS 164 Iron Monger 1/6th Scale Figure Review

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consisit of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

ironmonger9.jpg

Sallah

Last edited:
Just posted up our review on this guy!

ironmonger18.jpg

Check it out if you get a chance- Hot Toys MMS 164 Iron Monger 1/6th Scale Figure Review

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consisit of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

ironmonger9.jpg

Sallah

Great job sallah. Love the pics! :clap

:exactly: Love your reviews Sallah! :rock

The Iron Monger is a beast.

Word of advice: be careful when posing the arms. Keep your eyes on the pistons on the back. They can get in your way and possibly snap off if you don't move slowly.

Back