MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best trade ever!!!
New acquisition!!

C9D04F14-081A-4484-BD95-ABB89E9F687F-754-00000105F92088B1.jpg

4618D117-F5DD-41A5-B974-A56B5B03A2BE-754-00000105FCCA79D4.jpg

F5892C64-BE8F-4C69-932B-97B1D8B160D1-754-000001060157457C.jpg

DEAD591B-8730-4F0D-B5BE-59F148103D87-754-0000010605200CFF.jpg

FYI for those that want the crush mark 3 helmet. You can do a buy it now or a bid. The By it Now is $11 but the bid is $6. Both are ship. I did the bid and won two of them. The 1st one cost me $6 and the 2nd one, I did not bid but ask the seller cost me $4.

Yes I understand they are not from HT. I also understand that it only cost me $6($10 but I wanted a extra one). I also seen a HT helmet going at the time for over $60.

I don't like taking and parting items from others. I like buying extra even if I own the original. Plus I still need to buy a BD Mark III.

Great pics so far boys. I was always on the fence about this guy mostly because of the size. I started seeing everyone's pics and started getting sucked in. Then I saw him on display in a local shop and now I'm really about to crack.

My only concern is QC issues. I see everyone singing this nothing but praises. Anyone have complaints? Anything broken or anything to watch out for?

Great pics so far boys. I was always on the fence about this guy mostly because of the size. I started seeing everyone's pics and started getting sucked in. Then I saw him on display in a local shop and now I'm really about to crack.

My only concern is QC issues. I see everyone singing this nothing but praises. Anyone have complaints? Anything broken or anything to watch out for?

Watch out for that ridiculous smile that stays on your face hours after first unboxing.

Actually I was thinking about that last night, and how good the QC has been on Monger with no real horror stories being reported. The only two I can think of were one missing cover on the back of his foot and one knee joint armour missing.

With all the ridiculous engineering and pistons galore, I was dreading this guy being a QC nightmare.

Iron Monger for best HT evaaaaaaaaaar :lecture

Fyi, 3 days ago people post links on ebay for the Mark 3 crush head. $11at buy it now ship. The same seller had some posted for $6.99 ship bid at bid price. I won one for $6.99. Not bad, I don't like taking items from others and putting them with with others. In short $7.00 and all is good.

My only unfixable problem so far is My Monger has a loose left hand. I think the cup is too small for the ball joint to snap completely into place. I compared each hand, and where his right hand will snap on with a good satisfying "pop", the other hand seems to be stunted right before the "pop".

It's not a really big deal because the hand will actually stay on quite well, but pops off with little to no force, if you reach the limit of articulation. The "good" hand, by comparison, takes a bit more force to remove.

The other problems I had were having to connect the lower piston to the back of his shoulder because it had not been glued in properly. I ended up just glueing it and it hasn't given me anymore trouble. I had to also do reglue the fastener for the piston on the back of his right arm. It came unpegged, and the whole piston came apart because the arm was bent completely. I just simply lined up the male and female piece, and straightened the arm so the piston went back together. I then glued the "fastener" back in place. Everything works great now, except for the loose hand.

I just now found out about the hand too, because I was trying to get some poses with Iron Monger holding up the MKVI, and the loose hand fell off cuz it couldn't hold the weight.

Actually I was thinking about that last night, and how good the QC has been on Monger with no real horror stories being reported. The only two I can think of were one missing cover on the back of his foot and one knee joint armour missing.

With all the ridiculous engineering and pistons galore, I was dreading this guy being a QC nightmare.

Iron Monger for best HT evaaaaaaaaaar :lecture

One of my back leg air brakes is loose and does not stay up not a big issue though.

I broke and ran out to get this guy tonight. Sooooo happy I did. This piece is absolutely ridiculous! The pistons work great, he is way more flexible then I imagined and he could hold a pose for years; so you pretty much never have to worry about him taking a dive.

I didn't get a chance to really dig in yet (didn't open the hatch or put Obi's head in; one leg and one arm still have the plastic wrap on) but I'm definitely spending some time with him tomorrow.

I did break off one of his shoulder gaurds :(. I'm actually not bummed at all because it's a really easy fix with super glue :D

Watch out for that ridiculous smile that stays on your face hours after first unboxing.

Dispite my mishap I definitely caught the chronic smile syndrome. Love that Joker..eh...MONGER!

Last edited:
I broke and ran out to get the guy tonight. Sooooo happy I did. This piece is absolutely ridiculous! The pistons work great, he is way more flexible then I imagined and he could hold a pose for years so you pretty much never gave to worry about him taking a dive.

I didn't get a chance to really dig in yet (didn't open the hatch or put Obi's head in; one leg and one arm still has the plastic wrap on) but I'm definitely spending some time with him tomorrow.

I did break off one of his shoulder gaurds :(. I'm actually not bummed at all because it's a really easy fix with super glue :D

Dispite my mishap I definitely caught the chronic smile syndrome. Love that Joker..eh...MONGER!
Oh no!
Sorry to hear about the shoulder guard breaking off.

As long as the area where it broke off is still concealed once you glue it back together, that should be fine.

Yea it will be completely concealed. The shoulder gaurds are connected by a small hallow peg and that's what snapped. I'm glad that it broke on an steep angle and it wasn't a clean, flat break. This way it's easier to line back up. Since its hallow I may even be able to put a piece of a pin in to make it stronger.

Still have to wait till tonight to further inspect this big bad mofo :(

Yea it will be completely concealed. The shoulder gaurds are connected by a small hallow peg and that's what snapped. I'm glad that it broke on an steep angle and it wasn't a clean, flat break. This way it's easier to line back up. Since its hallow I may even be able to put a piece of a pin in to make it stronger.

Still have to wait till tonight to further inspect this big bad mofo :(

That's a relief. Good to hear bro!

Also, I think that's a great idea of using a dowel or something to put into the hollow joint to reinforce it.

Back