MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too bad you didn't snag this https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=68301 a couple of years ago this 1/6 Hulkbuster maquette was a black friday special. I ALMOST succombed to it. Even though it's a maquette and not a poseable figure.

Oh I can still get this if I want, but thanks. It is a pretty awesome statue, and even if it is a statue would fit great along figures since it's the right scale. However I'm still hoping we'll see the Hulkbuster suit somewhere down the line in one of the upcoming Marvel movies, which if we do will probably mean HT will commit to making one.

Couple other pics

StanWinston_IronMongerSuit_2.jpg

StanWinston_IronMongerSuit.jpg

4822804412_ceebc78e5c.jpg

Best comp shot here:https://www.flickriver.com/photos/18842924@N03/4822804546/

Link to more: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18842924@N03/4822804546/sizes/l/in/set-72157624557711022/

Another awesome link just because: https://www.propbay.com/latest-news/visit-legacy-effects-studios-formerly-stan-winston-studios-propbay-1236.html

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen those photos before. :duff

Nice paint apps on the chicks too!

All kidding aside, that is one good looking mothermonger. Way to bump it up a notch on presentation!

Oh I can still get this if I want, but thanks. It is a pretty awesome statue, and even if it is a statue would fit great along figures since it's the right scale. However I'm still hoping we'll see the Hulkbuster suit somewhere down the line in one of the upcoming Marvel movies, which if we do will probably mean HT will commit to making one.

I picked up one of these statues awhile back and use it it with my 1/6 Iron Men. It fits in perfectly and it's hard to tell that its not a HT.

I found this old interview, looks like chances of a Hulkbuster in the movies are looking slim.

Italian website BadTaste had an interview with Granov where he says the Hulkbuster isn't going to show up in The Avengers.

About this topic, there is [an Iron Man armor] that everybody is looking forward to seeing on the screen: the Hulkbuster.

"In the first ['Iron Man'] movie we had the Iron Monger ... the idea for him came from the Hulkbuster. I did a cover with the Hulkbuster in it. Jon Favreau liked that design and asked me to draw something similar to it for the Iron Monger. So, technically, the Iron Monger is the Hulkbuster, and that I think is why for a while we won't see it in a movie. It would only be yet another Iron Man big type of armor."

:clap I love the way it looks, definitely going to try and pick one of these up. Just have to much on PO right now.

I picked up one of these statues awhile back and use it it with my 1/6 Iron Men. It fits in perfectly and it's hard to tell that its not a HT.

I found this old interview, looks like chances of a Hulkbuster in the movies are looking slim.

Italian website BadTaste had an interview with Granov where he says the Hulkbuster isn't going to show up in The Avengers.

About this topic, there is [an Iron Man armor] that everybody is looking forward to seeing on the screen: the Hulkbuster.

"In the first ['Iron Man'] movie we had the Iron Monger ... the idea for him came from the Hulkbuster. I did a cover with the Hulkbuster in it. Jon Favreau liked that design and asked me to draw something similar to it for the Iron Monger. So, technically, the Iron Monger is the Hulkbuster, and that I think is why for a while we won't see it in a movie. It would only be yet another Iron Man big type of armor."

:clap I love the way it looks, definitely going to try and pick one of these up. Just have to much on PO right now.

Hulk would rip the pistons off of this suit in like 3 seconds and Iron Man would be flailing around with no arm control shooting off his weapons randomly while Hulk mulls which part he's gonna eat first.

The real hulk buster better be bigger badder an tougher

Hulk would rip the pistons off of this suit in like 3 seconds and Iron Man would be flailing around with no arm control shooting off his weapons randomly while Hulk mulls which part he's gonna eat first.

The real hulk buster better be bigger badder an tougher

And the irony is that hes done artwork of the Hulkbuster armor, maybe he was stoned for this interview.

I know the feeling, I have 4 over $400 items on PO and they need to be paid (I want them to open on Christmas) Nov/Dec. Being this is going to be ship in Oct this is a done item. Ya.

Well that guy is an idiot as the iron monger is based on .... The Iron Monger. Obviously no knowledge of iron man. Totally different in origin, concept and appearance. Also avengers was speculation at the time of iron man 1.

Back