MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that the HT Iron Monger is truly to scale to the other IM suits? I suspect that it's a bit smaller,maybe a lot smaller! Any thoughts?

Check out p.168. There's a whole debate that starts there about the size issue.

Personally, I think it's smaller than what it should be.

Here is a screen shot from the Target exclusive blu ray that came with The Avengers. It is the size chart used by Legacy Effects that shows the IM suits as 6'4" and they only go up to the waist of the Iron Monger suit.

p1060551b.jpg

I think it's smaller than it should, but not that much. Take a look at this. Something I noticed everybody is missing is the fact that in every picture HT Monger is not with his legs stretched.

2comvxh.jpg

It's actually growing on me, especially as I've always wanted a "suit" but Stark is a jerk and WM isn't mean enough. So this would just be perfect for my small collection - the price tag & display space will be a problem but I'll figure something out.

So I'm actually looking forward to the detailed info/review from the eyes of fellow freaks once OMG's pics are out before pulling the trigger (apart from the scale problem, of course which i don't mind).

One of the best pic i found online on showing the arm movement range
1012-00300-002b1.jpg

Really dont know if I should get this one. I usually PO or dont order at all but I might wait to see some reviews on this guy first. I guess it is Iron Man's main Nemesis.

2008_iron_man_045.jpg

If I remember right, the practical model Faverau is standing next to was something like 2/3 scale... so don't use that pic as a reference.

2008_iron_man_045.jpg

If I remember right, the practical model Faverau is standing next to was something like 2/3 scale... so don't use that pic as a reference.

You sure? It looks like he's on a platform because there's no way they both have the same inseam...

Yes, and obviously the Mark III is on some kind of pedestal, which means its head should be about waist-high.

Yeah this is obvious because of Iron Man's boots.
The picture gets cut-off right at his ankles, meaning, the bottom of his left boot is not much further down. He must be on a pedestal.

On the other hand, the picture cuts-off halfway up Monger's shin. Also, as pointed out previously, Monger's knees are bent.

Back