Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say from that initial pic I'm very impressed, something looks off on the Stormtroopers helmet, but Vader looks absolutely great!

I was off my computer last night and missed so much.
I can't believe Vader is finally here. The best part is I will be home for the ppo's

Yeah!!

Have to say from that initial pic I'm very impressed, something looks off on the Stormtroopers helmet, but Vader looks absolutely great!

I agree about the stormie, but if they are trying to emulate their look from ANH, it looks fine. Watching ANH again, some of the stormtrooper outfits look downright awful.

I agree. I brightened the shot for myself and zoomed in on the helm, and except for the angle it is photographed from, which minimizes it's shape and size a bit, all the New Hope details appear to be there, the two colored tusks, the one on the right being darker and the left being silver, a NH exclusive trait, check! The neck color and shades of the mask being nice and well shaded, check!, the pointy brow is a little hard to see, but looks close without better detail, check! The eye lenses, reddish tinted and showing eyes, check! Basic color scheme overall, check! chest box and belt box details all NH accurate, check!
Shoulder bells and chest pad shades are a tad light, but that is not all bad.
Not sure if rubber hands or cloth, or do we get a bunch of posed spares?
Boots look good. Codpiece looks NH accurate. General size of the figure, check!

All in all, a nice figure. I want to see the helm in profile (A huge accuracy guage for me) and some better detail shots of the eye and brow area (attn all you SDCC attendee guys!) and that's all I need to know.

Looking good otherwise.
ONLY question is indeed helm size, so the rest passes my muster.

I'm really excited that Sideshow has now firmly moved into the armored characters... this is 3 now. And they've got the Clone Armor ready to go for variants and what-not. So I forsee a lot of broke people in the future :lol

I brightened the shot for myself and zoomed in on the helm, and except for the angle it is photographed from, which minimizes it's shape and size a bit, all the New Hope details appear to be there,
The eye lenses, reddish tinted and showing eyes, check!

So that means there is definitely a sculpt in there huh? Could you share that brightened pic Les? Please.:D

Wow, looks like I finally got my wish for an accurate 1/6 ANH Vader! I don't think I'll be able to PPO it though, as I'm slightly short on cash right now.:monkey2

Wow, looks like I finally got my wish for an accurate 1/6 ANH Vader! I don't think I'll be able to PPO it though, as I'm slightly short on cash right now.:monkey2

For PPO's through SS you don't need to have any up front cash. Only need to pay when he is ready to ship, likely Q4 of this year.

So that means there is definitely a sculpt in there huh? Could you share that brightened pic Les? Please.:D

I tried lightening it, but the res was pretty low on the one i worked with, this was the best i could do, it doesn't really help much, but there is a definite red tinge to the lenses-

vaderlight.jpg

I think he may mean that there's a hint of the the red, sunglasses look, but not that it's actually transparent to something beneath the mask, that wouldn't be film accurrate, you never saw Anakin's eyes through the mask, that was half the mystery with ANH, you didn't know he was human in there.

I think he may mean that there's a hint of the the red, sunglasses look, but not that it's actually transparent to something beneath the mask, that wouldn't be film accurrate, you never saw Anakin's eyes through the mask, that was half the mystery with ANH, you didn't know he was human in there.

Actually his eyes are seen in while he's flying the Tie Fighter. At least they were on the Original unedited New Hope.

I don't know. I doesn't look too ANH to me. Sure it's got the inner robe properly placed, but that armor looks WAY too polished and silver to me. In ANH it really looked like that breast plate was black on black. It just looks like the ESB chest plate under a robe. And as Hurricane noted, the helmet looks pretty small...

I know its just the sneak peak we're evaluating and Vader helmet ALWAYS looks different depending on the camera angle. I'll withold judgement until we've got good proto pics, but I hope these items are addressed.

If there are any left on ppo day......

Hopefully there will be.

Hey Pix, I might need you to do the Pre-ordering of mine for me.. Not sure I'll have web access when these go up, can yous do that for me?

I would be glad to. Just PM me when the time comes. :duff

I was really excited about the red tint and hint of eyes (I hope its not our eyes playing tricks on us. :google

Vader looks incredible, I'm definitely down for one!
I can't wait to see more, I wonder if the helmet is removable and/or extra heads with parts removed?
Thanks Sideshow! :rock

It's strange that Vader doesn't have a spot on the new products list. :confused:

Me neither, but its a cool thought that there are eyes under those red tinties. :drool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back