1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed .... love the scene in the movie when this armor was just a workhorse ... flying through the air battling sentries and then lifting up the damaged life boat ...all the while Tony formulated a plan to save the world from ending via meteor.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Can't believe we haven't had an update or new pics on this. I keep watching AOU and becoming more impatient for this release.

Not sure what you mean. The figure has been at every con this year. New pictures from each. As for any updates from Hot toys...until the figure is ready for release there is not anything to update.

@Motuxmen, I remember you saying you were going to post photos of the back of the figure. I think I missed it. If you did can you point me to the photos? Thanks! :)

Not sure what you mean. The figure has been at every con this year. New pictures from each. As for any updates from Hot toys...until the figure is ready for release there is not anything to update.

Sorry. I just meant I want someone posting new pics everyday from every con from every different angle. Is that too much to ask?

@Motuxmen, I remember you saying you were going to post photos of the back of the figure. I think I missed it. If you did can you point me to the photos? Thanks! :)

Hey. Um, yeah I thought I did. But I am not 100% sure. I'll try and see if I still have it...

Edit-hey I just looked through my pics from the last three cons, which is all the ones I have not archived yet, and I don't have any of the 45 back. The way they had the booths set up it either wasn't easy or completly impossible to get behind the case. I know I have a couple from one of the shows but it might take me a bit to find it. I got like 200 of just the mk45 from the last three shows. Lol so I've got a lot of pictures. And at secret base and toy hunters when it was/is on display it's always facing forward. Obviously. Lol anyhoo-I'll dig through my pics and find it eventually.

Sorry. I just meant I want someone posting new pics everyday from every con from every different angle. Is that too much to ask?

Well...lol. I have started doing a pic thread for every con, but they don't happen every weekend.

Last edited:
image.jpg

This is the 1/4 scale I think. Didn't label it. But shows pretty much what the 1/6 will/does look like. Seen them both in person and both look great
image.jpg

Back to 1/6 I think
image.jpg

image.jpg

The last pic is from secret base. Crappy upload but I'll try and clean it up. I've got more..

Edit-I found a pic of the back of the 1/1 from one of the shows. I know it's not this figure but it's made by hot toys so you get the general idea anyway. I know I got one of the 1/6 scale somewhere, but for now here's that. And a few more pics of the 1/6image.jpg

Now the 1/6

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I get confused looking at con photos to which is the 1/6 and which is the 1/4... Stick them next to each other clearly labelled and the difference seems obvious but show them on their own with no sense of scale (especially close ups) and I have no idea what I am looking at.

I suppose that is a good thing, especially if that sense is carried over to the production model when in hand or on the shelf!

Yeah with this one it's hard to tell the difference. The 1/4 has the clear pole crutch base (like whiplash mk2) and the 1/6 has the standard black waist grabber. The 1/4 also has neat feature on the biceps and legs when you bend them the armor actually opens up, or expands.

But if you had them both just standing on their own in a HOA type pose with no reference it would be very hard to distinguish which one is which. They are both very well done. This will be a lot of people's favorite armor and it's already in my top five.

1/6 has a lighter more toyish red,1/4 is darker red with a "satin" sheen to it. Easiest way to tell though is the 1/6 proto has a clear chest piece showing the ark reactor,the 1/4 has a white cover over it.

Last edited:
Very impressive- although I thought the suit just appeared out of nowhere and did nothing special(not talking about Tony saving the earth- mean suit functions/weapons) in the film. A must buy though

It's in my top 5, too, the sleekness of this armor really made an impression on me.

My current top 5:
1. Mark 3
2. Mark 7
3. Mark 6
4. Mark 45
5. Mark 44

1/6 has a lighter more toyish red,1/4 is darker red with a "satin" sheen to it. Easiest way to tell though is the 1/6 proto has a clear chest piece showing the ark reactor,the 1/4 has a white cover over it.

The red looks pretty close to the same to me.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The red looks pretty close to the same to me.

Its close but not exact imo. Same for the 1/4 and 1/6 MK43. Of course we wont truly know until they start to appear in the wild.

That's true. But having seen them in person and side by side the paint on at least two of the prototypes is identical. The one used for the promo shots had a different shade of red, but the one at stgcc and a couple of the other shows is the same.

Back