1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. But having seen them in person and side by side the paint on at least two of the prototypes is identical. The one used for the promo shots had a different shade of red, but the one at stgcc and a couple of the other shows is the same.

That's good to hear! I've got the 1/6 scale on preorder.

i couldnt resist,i pre-ordered him just now,together with shot gun.since i already pre-ordered the 1/4 scale version,i must have case of iron man fever:thud::slap:lol

I really hope they fix those handguards on the production versions. Neither scale has them accurate.
If you're referring to the gold strip along the knuckles, then every figure I've seen of the Mark 45 has them, including the SH Figuarts, Comicave 1/4 scale, and the newly announced ArtFX Statue from Kotobukiya. Probably something that's part of official design documents that didn't make its way onto the CG model.

If you're referring to the gold strip along the knuckles, then every figure I've seen of the Mark 45 has them, including the SH Figuarts, Comicave 1/4 scale, and the newly announced ArtFX Statue from Kotobukiya. Probably something that's part of official design documents that didn't make its way onto the CG model.

Yeah it's pretty common place. For this film and the companies to have anything ready within months of the release they had to use promo and early production stuff. That is often changed not only during the pre-pro but also during filming and then even with CG based characters(or enhanced) even changed during post production. The early production art had the gold on the fists. It made it to parts of the film and then all the close up hero shots where changed. But a few spots it didn't get changed.

Unless you want figures 2-4 years after a film hits theaters(for the early stuff), this can happen. All the 45 figures do have it, so you can tell it was a late change. And that all the companies had the same source material from marvel. Here's the art(from the art of book)for the suit and a quick pic of a screen grab where they didn't change the hands becuase it's so quick and so blurry you can hardly tell. And from the tower when he loads the Friday interface it looks like the hand guards are designed to have it there.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I kinda like the gold on the knuckle guard, I know it's not screen accurate but it looks good enough not to worry whether they'll fix it or not... But they better NAIL Mark 46! :lol

I kinda like the gold on the knuckle guard, I know it's not screen accurate but it looks good enough not to worry whether they'll fix it or not... But they better NAIL Mark 46! :lol
Ah, but it is. Just not to all of it. Most of the figures are not a match to every second. (Or any character for that matter) but it does match some.

The early 46 art has the gold knuckles. The only way a figure matches completly is if the stunt suits, the practical suits, the hero suit, and every CG model is exactly the same, and if they wait till after the film premiers (a film is not usually "locked" until a couple weeks before it premieres) to even start. Which means it will take 8-12 months longer then the mark 45, which was started based on early production art.

I get confused looking at con photos to which is the 1/6 and which is the 1/4... Stick them next to each other clearly labelled and the difference seems obvious but show them on their own with no sense of scale (especially close ups) and I have no idea what I am looking at.

I suppose that is a good thing, especially if that sense is carried over to the production model when in hand or on the shelf!

1/6 has a lighter more toyish red,1/4 is darker red with a "satin" sheen to it. Easiest way to tell though is the 1/6 proto has a clear chest piece showing the ark reactor,the 1/4 has a white cover over it.

This. :lecture

Beautiful pics Motux! Thanks for posting them. Now I can't wait for next year!

I noticed on some of the photos, the helmet did not have the proper vents on the forehead. I hope that gets fixed before the final release. Also, is it just me or are the eyes a bit big on these?

From what I've seen from posted pictures is that it seems like there are 2 different 1/6 45s floating around the shows. One vented one not vented.

Really hoping/assuming that the vented one will be closer to what is released. Can't put my finger on it exactly and it's not like we can put them side-by-side so I can't say anything with certaintly, but it just looks so much better imo. Paint, helmet, eyes, proportions, shoulders, whatever it is about it, I want it now lol.

I can upload pictures tomorrow if people would care to see. They're great shots of the front and back (not my pictures).

If they're both 1/6 and one's not 1/6 while the other is 1/4, then yeah, I'd like to see pictures of that. :duff

Yeah it's the 1/6. If it were the 1/4 i wouldn't really care since I'm just getting the 1/6. I'll post them up tomorrow. Unfortunately don't know how to post images from my phone and I'm just about ready to knock out.

I've seen at least three seperate prototypes for the 45 so far. Or they changed it three times. And they where all 1/6. Let me see if I can find pics of all three..

Yeah it's the 1/6. If it were the 1/4 i wouldn't really care since I'm just getting the 1/6. I'll post them up tomorrow. Unfortunately don't know how to post images from my phone and I'm just about ready to knock out.

Same here, I POed the 1/6, no interest in the 1/4. Thanks, I'd definitely like to see that. And if there are indeed differences, I'd definitely want the more accurate one. So long as it's not as shiny as the armor in the movie. :lol

i am not too worried about the differences actually.its a long time till they will be released so improvement is possible and i rather have an improvement from a prototype than a regression ,like a boba fett from SS for example

I much prefer the transparent arc reactor. This figure is coming out soon isn't it?

It's only worth £250 if I convert it from $, but all the UK sites have it for £300. Anyone know where I can get it at its actual retail??

UK prices are always higher. Though not sure the retail price for this one in pounds but higher is usually the case.

Yeah, tax here is a *****. The only people doing it at a reasonable price is onesixthbruce but now they have all these issues, it's a shame.

Back