1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna lie but they seemed to have gotten some of the sculpt better than HT does. He also seems to be more covered up as well.

I do wonder about that. I noticed that based on the trailers and some screencaps, HT seems to have nailed some of the parts better, specifically where it looks less fuller (the abs/mid-section especially). It could be that King Arts is minimizing some the sculpt since they don't have the luxury of working off of a 16-inch figure, but even in the new poster it's pretty evident that Ultron Prime isn't meant to be as "full" as he originally seemed in the concept artworks. Just look at the midsection of the newest poster, you can literally view past his body and see through to the other side, which I think HT actually got right.
tumblr_nlboswXz8F1rbrsiuo1_500.jpg

That said, I do think that HT could still thin out some of the panel lines on his head to match the onscreen appearance better.

tumblr_nlkl4uhQTO1rbrsiuo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_njlrhwQdXc1rbrsiuo9_1280.jpg

If HT tweaks the head a bit, it will be perfect... But I don't even mind the head as much as some people seem to. Maybe they didn't compensate for the size of the figure itself... instead of making a head for a 16" figure, they made it to match the scale of the 12" figures. Yes I know they are all 1/6th scale, but i'm saying that when sculpting the head for U.P. they used the general size of the other 1/6th heads as a reference when it should be slightly bigger.

Hot Toys one looks better :dunno
Oh no doubt! Like really, comparing the two, I think Hot Toys still got the body better than King Arts did. There's no denying that HT nailed the body details MUCH better especially when compared to the most recent trailers and screencaps. Really, the only thing I'd change with the HT sculpt is probably widening the neck a bit to fill out the sides of his head section. I mean, I always liked the HS itself and the biggest difference that makes HT's sculpt stand out is how he can actually move his mouth (may not be a big deal for some folks, but that's essentially like putting two headsculpts in one for me).

I feel that KA took a style and approach that feels more streamlined in which they purposely ignored certain details of the body sculpt. In comparison, HT seems to have actually gone out of their way to use individual pieces to really capture Ultron Prime's hollowed-out torso frame.

As a side note, I'm most likely skimping on the King Arts Ultron Prime because of the things I mentioned above, and so I just decided to save my money for a potential HT Ultimate Ultron instead (as well as the possible Ultron Mark I and the Ultron Sentries). :dance

Oh no doubt! Like really, comparing the two, I think Hot Toys still got the body better than King Arts did. There's no denying that HT nailed the body details MUCH better especially when compared to the most recent trailers and screencaps. Really, the only thing I'd change with the HT sculpt is probably widening the neck a bit to fill out the sides of his head section. I mean, I always liked the HS itself and the biggest difference that makes HT's sculpt stand out is how he can actually move his mouth (may not be a big deal for some folks, but that's essentially like putting two headsculpts in one for me).

I feel that KA took a style and approach that feels more streamlined in which they purposely ignores certain details of the body sculpt. In comparison, HT seems to have actually gone out of their way to use individual pieces to really capture Ultron Prime's hollowed-out torso frame.

As a side note, I'm most likely skimping on the King Arts Ultron Prime because of the things I mentioned above, and so I just decided to save my money for a potential HT Ultimate Ultron instead (as well as the possible Ultron Mark I and the Ultron Sentries). :dance:
Totally agree about the head, the mouth feature is a nice inclusion, I'd just like to see how it changes the HS before I make a judgement on it. .... and I don't doubt that Ultimate Ultron will be made. Hot Toys won't think twice about re-using a lot of the Prime body with only some minor alterations

Totally agree about the head, the mouth feature is a nice inclusion, I'd just like to see how it changes the HS before I make a judgement on it. .... and I don't doubt that Ultimate Ultron will be made. Hot Toys won't think twice about re-using a lot of the Prime body with only some minor alterations
:exactly: HT has done it before, and I can easily see them tweaking the HS given how they're not really using a literal human likeness this time around. I really hope they deliver on Ultimate Ultron as I have very little doubt that they'll skip the final form. Give or take, while I find myself liking Ultron Prime more design-wise based on everything that's been revealed so far, I'm still reserving judgement until I've seen Ultimate Ultron in action onscreen. Also yes, HT reusing certain parts from Ultron Prime seems like the most plausible decision.

i think KA should also put the mark 37 for PO on BBST too.
its also a very uniquely designed armour, and HT has never
release this before. do you guys like this armour?

mark 37.jpg

^ I'm no huge fan of the different suits, but I personally like the deep-sea diver look of that particular one, especially compared to the other HPP IM suits.

That said, I'm not really sure how that's relevant to Ultron Prime... :lol

^ I'm no huge fan of the different suits, but I personally like the deep-sea diver look of that particular one, especially compared to the other HPP IM suits.

That said, I'm not really sure how that's relevant to Ultron Prime... :lol

just a follow up on the KA's product though. by the way, they all belong to the iron man family after all, dont they? :lol

:exactly: HT has done it before, and I can easily see them tweaking the HS given how they're not really using a literal human likeness this time around. I really hope they deliver on Ultimate Ultron as I have very little doubt that they'll skip the final form. Give or take, while I find myself liking Ultron Prime more design-wise based on everything that's been revealed so far, I'm still reserving judgement until I've seen Ultimate Ultron in action onscreen. Also yes, HT reusing certain parts from Ultron Prime seems like the most plausible decision.

The head for Ultimate is different though right? I think it is.
Yeah I think Ultimate Ultron will have the best scenes because he will be in the final battle.... I'm hoping thats him with the molten metal hand, but I see no claws there..... or fingernails of death :p
Molten.gif

getting a new coat of Vibranium :lol https://www.quickmeme.com/img/97/97...2a175a0e79bef8d13740cdf8c80fc95d9bf674c59.jpg
If thats the case I'd like to see them make this guy darker..... like he looks in the trailer.

just a follow up on the KA's product though. by the way, they all belong to the iron man family after all, dont they? :lol
Haha no worries, thought you were lost and posted in the wrong thread for a sec (it happens to some folks every now and then). :lol

Well this might not seem much, but I honestly think that suit looks like one of the better HPP IM suits I've seen so far. I like how it really looks specialized for deep-sea diving. That said, I guess you're resorting to KA's 1/9 version since HT may or may not be doing it or....?
The head for Ultimate is different though right? I think it is.
Yeah I think Ultimate Ultron will have the best scenes because he will be in the final battle.... I'm hoping thats him with the molten metal hand, but I see no claws there..... or fingernails of death :p
Yeah the head looks different since it seems like Prime except a little more covered and smooth in appearance. Looking at that molten metal hand I do think that's meant to be Ultron Prime based on the holes on each fingertip for his concussion blasters (though the molten metal changing his appearance into Ultimate Ultron is still a possibility).
If thats the case I'd like to see them make this guy darker..... like he looks in the trailer.
Makes sense. It would be great if he has a more gunmetal sort of look. Alternatively, HT could give a shinier, chromed look for Ultimate Ultron, though I'm not sure if that will look effective or not.

That picture has me wondering though.. Price point aside, I think we would all appreciate a die-cast Ultron at some point (maybe Ultimate Ultron?), but that picture makes me worried that 1. there won't be one or 2. they won't announce it until after everyone has paid $400 for Ultron Prime... I PO'd but I'd consider cancelling Prime if they made a die-cast version.

Can't settle for Mr. Vibranium out of plastic..

I'm holding out for Ultimate Ultron, the drone and iron legion is cool and all, but I only need the main bad guy in his final battle form :lol

Back