1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Safest bet for this one now is probably popcultcha if still in stock. Prepare to wait close to a year tough.

How is OWK body different besides ankle pegs? I don't have this in hand yet but looks like suit/padding differences besides the ankles
If you're speaking specifically on underlying base body--

ANH/ESB/ROTJ are using the Man of Steel Body with modified ankles for the unique pegs the boots have

RO/OWK are using a modified Christopher Reeve Superman body (lower leges and shoulder joints) with body padding.

See below:

Screenshot 2024-08-28 225354.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-28 225332.jpg

Last edited:
Popcultcha is sold out. I put my name on the waitlist at Sideshow but did so this week so who knows. Bombusbee has it for preorder and they are reliable. Though they don't list the final price so I have no idea if it will be marked up. They are known for cheaper prices so maybe it won't be bad. I figure it is worth the $10 deposit to find out. Here is the link:

Bombusbee

Last edited:
Popcultcha is sold out. I put my name on the waitlist at Sideshow but did so this week so who knows. Bombusbee has it for preorder and they are reliable. Though they don't list the final price so I have no idea if it will be marked up. They are known for cheaper prices so maybe it won't be bad. I figure it is worth the $10 deposit to find out. Here is the link:

Bombusbee
Wow, had no idea BBB sold Hot Toys figures. I’ve only ever bought transformers from them

Question. Are all Vader heads interchangeable and could I put this newly sculpted helmet on the Rogue One body?

Because some ebay sellers sell the parts only .I've seen the new helmet sculpt for 200$ but it's way too much unless you can't get the figure at all.

Also I think the RO cape might be better (I really like the way it flows and drapes) so it might be best to keep it?

BTW i see no sign of pleather degradation on my RO Vader

Question. Are all Vader heads interchangeable and could I put this newly sculpted helmet on the Rogue One body?

Because some ebay sellers sell the parts only .I've seen the new helmet sculpt for 200$ but it's way too much unless you can't get the figure at all.

Also I think the RO cape might be better (I really like the way it flows and drapes) so it might be best to keep it?

BTW i see no sign of pleather degradation on my RO Vader
Check the review from Justin’s collection,I think he shows all Vadors with their different capes and also talks about neck connectors

So this won't ship from Sideshow any time soon?
Not necessarily. If their last payment was due to come out September 5th, Sideshow is saying we don't have word yet this will be in with that date approaching so they pushed the final payment to the next month.

Sideshow could very well get their delivery in on September 6th and start shipping out on the 9th. At that point you could either wait for your last payment to post on October 5th, or you could switch it to single payment in an attempt to get it sooner.

I managed to get this figure early (had him for 2 weeks now) and plan to keep him in the box as long as I can while I am displaying my OWK 1/6 and 1/4 Vaders (the latter being on the way).

My question is - will keeping him in the box (and in a room away from light or humidity) preserve the pleather as long as possible until I decide to unpack and pose him?

Thanks!

I managed to get this figure early (had him for 2 weeks now) and plan to keep him in the box as long as I can while I am displaying my OWK 1/6 and 1/4 Vaders (the latter being on the way).

My question is - will keeping him in the box (and in a room away from light or humidity) preserve the pleather as long as possible until I decide to unpack and pose him?

Thanks!
I thought it was the reverse - that pleather more readily goes off if boxed up or zippie-bagged. Not sure anything is for certain but I seem to recall making a note of that a while back.

I thought it was the reverse - that pleather more readily goes off if boxed up or zippie-bagged. Not sure anything is for certain but I seem to recall making a note of that a while back.
I think that's right. I remember hearing about people opening up boxed figures to find the pleather was disintegrating. Might have been in humid countries though.

Back