1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, I can't find a review or pictures of what's in the MMS 699 standard version box when you open it.

The description on Hot Toys website says the difference between Deluxe and Standard is Lightning head and extra Base only , but you say there's also no separate neck brace for the Shaw head sculpt too, correct? That would mean the description on the Hot Toys website is omitting this detail and it's actually important .Even if the tusks aren't broken it nice to have that spare piece just in case.

Last edited:
That would mean the description on the Hot Toys website is omitting this detail and it's actually important .Even if the tusks aren't broken it nice to have that spare piece just in case.
Where did you see that? It is not mentioned on Sideshow and I did not have it in my standard. Just the figure that already had the Vader mask and Shaw's head packed separately - no brace. You just remove a piece from the installed mask to fit the head.

ok, I can't find a review or pictures of what's in the MMS 699 standard version box when you open it.

The description on Hot Toys website says the difference between Deluxe and Standard is Lightning head and extra Base only , but you say there's also no separate neck brace for the Shaw head sculpt too, correct? That would mean the description on the Hot Toys website is omitting this detail and it's actually important .Even if the tusks aren't broken it nice to have that spare piece just in case.
The reason the Deluxe comes with 2 neck braces is b/c the deluxe comes with the ability to display all 3 heads (2 on the base, one on the figure) so it needs to come with two neck pieces. The standard doesn't include the extra display arms to display the two extra heads on the base, so no need to come with an extra neck piece. So, @satanatos is correct that the standard doesn't come with the extra neck piece

Last edited:
With the BIG guy

DSC_0059.JPG

Where did you see that? It is not mentioned on Sideshow and I did not have it in my standard. Just the figure that already had the Vader mask and Shaw's head packed separately - no brace. You just remove a piece from the installed mask to fit the head.
ok ,thanks for clearing this up. Then the Deluxe might be worth it to get that extra neck brace in case one the tusks breaks accidentally in the future so you have a replacement part

Matrix, I love your poses... but I'm maybe not feeling Vader using a handrail.
The handrail is important, as Vader's inner conflict has made him weak and unsteady on his feet.

Or...Prowse being unable to see clearly through the mask needs the handrail to guide him towards the steps :D

Back