Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this figure is truly just a rehash except for the mask. but man, its predator. everyone seems to get excited about this figure.

i always wanna get complete collection. in fact, i do have scar, celtic, etc. all predators that hot toys has put out, i got them all. i feel like i need to have this.

but this thing like LIMITED EDITION AND CRAP start to piss me off lately. come on, why dont they just sell this as regular item.

i am still collecting, but i dont really get the feeling anymore to get worked up and ____, to pay so much of my hard earned money to get figure just because its labeled as exclusive. what a nonsense.

i truly agree, 500 DOLLARS FOR ANY FIGURE IS FREAKING TOO MUCH.

i also think that limited edition to 500 , thats just plain bull****

WHY?? i remember 3 years ago, when i picked up my hot toys asia exclusive ancient predator, i could still get it after 2 years it had been released. and they said, oh this guy will be limited to bla bla bla.

i paid around 270 USD for this bad boy, and if it was truly 500 figures lime what they said, come on. do you think anybody will still have chance to pick this one up for normal retail price?

I agree, its all rather annoying. I take no more enjoyment in the figures of mine that were called 'exclusives' than the regular figures, I feel no additional delight in having them while others missed out - the fact that they are harder to get is annoying and that is all. Thrill of the hunt be damned, I'm going to be a nervous wreck on July 2nd! Not a good thing.

2 were sold, after the seller upped his price AGAIN from $450 to $500!? He originally started with $350! What a bunch of saps. And the seller himself is clearly not doing right by anyone. Good for those of us who actually buy him off SDCC, the way it should be done. Years from now, we'll be sitting on some valuable product.

Having that said, I'm actually buying Guardian for keeps. Dare I say, he looks like one of the coolest and most well-made HT Preds I've seen :rock.

I think the reason they made this exclsive is because its a rehash they figured not many collectors would want it

Im just disapointed they are reusing the Pred 1 body without any modifications, cause its too short. I hope the new figures for the Predators movie will have a taller body

well i signed up for the newsletter and all that, and taking off that day , all i can do now is wait for july 2nd

I want it. I can understand the rehash stuff, but my obsessive compulsive side needs a predator that is similar in height to P1. Now he won't be the lone dwarf predator. But, that's just me!:dunno

So how many exactly will be available on July 2nd?? Is there a "real" price point yet??

Not so sure. According to Buttmunch, around 10% of the exclusives are saved for non-attendees. Maybe more, depending on how many are bought by the attendees on July 1st.

I have a feeling we're only going to get that 10% for this and Sarah connor. I also have a feeling I'm going to be left disappointed on the day. Feckin Hot Toys.

I have a feeling we're only going to get that 10% for this and Sarah connor. I also have a feeling I'm going to be left disappointed on the day. Feckin Hot Toys.

Be there shortly before 10AM, and you should be okay. Even Nam said he's never had a problem scoring a non-attendee exclusive, and he seems like he'd rather stay home for this stuff rather than pay to get the attendee pieces in person at SDCC.
Just make sure you're keeping tabs on things, and you ought to be set :).

All we can do is try, and make sure theres no disaster waiting to happen...I might have to change my delivery address for example, it doesn't exactly match my billing address. That hasn't seemed to be a problem for other orders I've made but my luck it would suddenly be an issue on july 2nd!

Im sticking tons of Post-its around the house to remind myself. On my alarm clock July 2nd, in the bathroom July 2nd, in the center of the TV screen July 2nd, in the refrigerator on the orange juice July 2nd ! :lol

....Still probably gonna forget:panic:

Im sticking tons of Post-its around the house to remind myself. On my alarm clock July 2nd, in the bathroom July 2nd, in the center of the TV screen July 2nd, in the refrigerator on the orange juice July 2nd ! :lol

....Still probably gonna forget:panic:

Make sure you don't stick one in the center of your computer screen, lol. The date's been embedded into my brain ever since two days ago :). I WILL NOT LET MYSELF FORGET! This figure looks so awesome... I think I might have a new fave HT Pred here.

Not so sure. According to Buttmunch, around 10% of the exclusives are saved for non-attendees. Maybe more, depending on how many are bought by the attendees on July 1st.

Not exactly true. Sideshow sets aside at LEAST 10% for non-attendees. Sometimes more if they feel like it. How well the attendee version sells has no effect on the non-attendee numbers. When they released the PZ 12" figure he was limited to 300 total. The non-attendees got 50 of them set aside, so obviously more than 10%. But still a small amount. So if this is limted to 500 like the Toy Fair verson, then at least 50 will be set aside for non-attendees. The attendee version could sell out and there could still possibly be 100 left for non-attendees. Nobody really knows what the numbers are going to be besides Sideshow, even they probably don't even know yet.

But expect this to be the worst PPO day of your life. You also got the Sarah-1000 and Iron Man Mark 6 bust orderees to compete with for the bandwidth. :1-1:

Not exactly true. Sideshow sets aside at LEAST 10% for non-attendees. Sometimes more if they feel like it. How well the attendee version sells has no effect on the non-attendee numbers. When they released the PZ 12" figure he was limited to 300 total. The non-attendees got 50 of them set aside, so obviously more than 10%. But still a small amount. So if this is limted to 500 like the Toy Fair verson, then at least 50 will be set aside for non-attendees. The attendee version could sell out and there could still possibly be 100 left for non-attendees. Nobody really knows what the numbers are going to be besides Sideshow, even they probably don't even know yet.

But expect this to be the worst PPO day of your life. You also got the Sarah-1000 and Iron Man Mark 6 bust orderees to compete with for the bandwidth. :1-1:

I don't think it'd be too bad, though. Quite a huge number of each, for one day. And I said "around" 10%, so that seems to be the general amount. They even give that percentage on the FAQ :monkey3.

Yeah, we better post a link to that FAQ:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=14551

Seems like many of you guys need to read it :lol

But trust me, it will be bad. The more lines/products that go up, the harder it will be. You won't just have the Predaphiles there, but the Terminator, Iron Men, and flippers too. Instead of just Predaphiles and flippers.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Last edited:
I've never had any trouble pre-ordering other non-attendee exclusives in the past years. I have every confidence that I'll get this on pre-order day.

Guess all I can do is wish A-Dev, Elder_Predator2, and Predator vs. Alien (and anyone else getting this on the 2nd) luck. As long as you guys sit tight and have your keister on the seat at the precise moment, you probably ought to score one.

May the force be with you also.

I've just had a horrible thought though, I don't know for sure that I'll have internet access on july 2nd. I could be just moved into the renovated house or in the process of moving. This vexes me. I'll have to find out about that.

Back