Hot Toys 1/6 The Avengers: 1/6 Scale Bruce Banner and Hulk Premium Edition set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruffalo likeness aside, the accessories are a little lazy. Never liked that base to begin with (doesn't work as a diorama piece, IMO... just looks like cheap molded plastic) and the girders, meh. Don't know why anyone that bought the first Hulk would be bothered in the least about this release.

Re: The Avengers: 1/6th scale Bruce Banner Collectible Figure.

I only have 2 comments....

1) That headsculpt is off - too wide. Some of the headplay type sculpts out there have a better likeness

2) Irn Bru -made in Scotland from giiiiirderz.

Yeah I'm kinda stoked on this set because I never got the first Hulk and prices are so high now. If I can get this set for $500 and have Bruce in my iron man setup it will be worth it. I understand the anger of people that already have Hulk though....!

What he said ^^^^^

This is a good opportunity to get a figure back out here that sold out quick and was a huge effort for HT to produce. Seeing this set....I'm glad I waited....

Okay the PO Price is up in my country, it's $155, It's cheaper than I should kitbash this figure by myself, I'm getting this guy, just to complete my line-up.
I just don't understand how dare Hot Toys create Hulk Premium Edition Set only 5 f*king month after Hulk release, WTF!?!@$
Under $200 works for me :hi5:
Come on HT - bring on Lou Ferrigno. :lecture

..& no rubber arms this time. :gah: :lol
Never going to happen. There's an article from way back when regarding some company trrying to do a LF figure that ended in disaster.
If you've bought everything else you might aswell buy this too.

At least that would be my workings.
:lecture:exactly:
Ruffalo likeness aside, the accessories are a little lazy. Never liked that base to begin with (doesn't work as a diorama piece, IMO... just looks like cheap molded plastic) and the girders, meh. Don't know why anyone that bought the first Hulk would be bothered in the least about this release.

Agreed with lazy accessories, that was the first thing that popped in mind. Girders are useless and played no part in the film whatsoever. The base is stellar though.

I don't think the likeness is Indiana Jones bad. I can tell who it is, especially with those close ups. I just think the eyes make him look a little dead and the face is too squashed. Elongate the height from the chin to the forehead and liven up the eyes and I'm positive there's a great Ruffalo Banner there.

After the massive improvement with the T-800 BD Arnie an their recent Mandarin, I'm optimistic that the final in hand product will be fantastic. If you have the whole Avengers team I don't see how you could pass on this.

I love the shot with the glasses and the green gamma rays.

If you have the whole Avengers team I don't see how you could pass on this.

Why? Where would he fit in in a display if you have Hulk? This isn't like Coulson who's a completely different character albeit still a guy in a suit; to me this is as much a necessity to an Avengers display as a street clothed Captain America would be :dunno

Do you have Mark 6, 7, Avenger Cap, Thor, Hulk, Fury, Hawkeye, Widow, Coulson and Loki?

Why? Where would he fit in in a display if you have Hulk? This isn't like Coulson who's a completely different character albeit still a guy in a suit; to me this is as much a necessity to an Avengers display as a street clothed Captain America would be :dunno

Clothed Cap or suited Cap are both the exact same character & personality. Hulk & Banner are distinctly different :dunno

I'll be getting Banner Tommy, will look great with my Tony Stark in his Sabbath outfit!

Will the set be available to the UK?
I also would like to know this....

After the debacle with the Midas figure, I have finally got around to setting up a Sideshow account, since they have a flat rate delivery to the UK (although UK buyers should note, there does not appear to be a combined shipping discount for multiple figure purchases, so that could potentially get expensive).. I'm going to be interested to see what deals pop up for Black Friday and obviously what the US price is for Midas on 2nd Dec.

Not sure why Forbidden Planet (.com) seem to currently be out of the loop on some HT figures, so I'm also thinking of setting up an account with One Sixth Bruce.. European options currently seem to be retailers of last resort, despite the lack of customs charges, because of HT pricing, delivery charges are on the expensive side in some cases, as well.

I think folks are being a tad harsh on the Ruffalo headsculpt, although it could use some tweaking.. imho the tailoring of the jacket is more of an issue but you could always have that hooked on his finger and slung over his shoulder, since the rest of the outfit seems ok.. Banner had been hiding out in India as a slum medic, so his clothing is unlikely to look 'designer label'.. but maybe HT have time to fine tune the tailoring a bit.

Banner's already up for PO at some of our local dealers, between $180-$190. I wish we get our HT at the same price as our Asian neighbors, but our dealers follow SSC prices, so Banner might go for that much in the US.

I know it could never be done but it would be kind of cool if they could make the Hulk holding a Chitari soldier ( make that an accessory instead of the steel beams) somehow since he was throwing them around in the movie a lot, lol.....

tumblr_m8hxegpV3Z1r29559o1_500.png

Back