Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the more i read this the more worried i am about how the subber suits wil hold up on the ht bats...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38674

can someone who has the older v1 release of the ht bb bats let me know if its the same type of rubrer used on the new ht bb bats?

Nanda

You know, I've read a lot of horror stories with Hot Toys rubber figures and Takara Batman, and *BIG KNOCK ON WOOD* I've never had any issues. I've had a Hot Toys muscular Rambo for almost 3 years with no degredation issues and I've read of people with problems. I'm sure some cases are bad construction, and others poor environmental conditions for the piece and in some cases just poor handling.

I think with pieces like this, there comes a greater responsibility for care, but if treated properly they can endure. I have a cheap rubber Godzilla I got back in 1998 still and the rubber is still in perfect condition. If a cheap toy can hold up like that, I'm confident these high end figures have the potential to last as long as they're taken care of properly.

Where exactly does yours bunch up? Mine flows straight to the ground, it only turns and lays flat once it hits the ground. I will try to get some pics of it. I do not really know how to post them, so please be patient.

thanks,

mike

No problem mike, and certainly no rush.

Just, when mine hangs down the front, it folds near the cape clips. Just doesn't hang naturally like the Takara does. Although when swept over the back this is THE beat Batman figure ever.

100_0963.jpg

This pic SEALS the deal. Perfect, absolutely perfect. "And it's good !!!"

You know, I've read a lot of horror stories with Hot Toys rubber figures and Takara Batman, and *BIG KNOCK ON WOOD* I've never had any issues. I've had a Hot Toys muscular Rambo for almost 3 years with no degredation issues and I've read of people with problems. I'm sure some cases are bad construction, and others poor environmental conditions for the piece and in some cases just poor handling.

I think with pieces like this, there comes a greater responsibility for care, but if treated properly they can endure. I have a cheap rubber Godzilla I got back in 1998 still and the rubber is still in perfect condition. If a cheap toy can hold up like that, I'm confident these high end figures have the potential to last as long as they're taken care of properly.

I think we should talk about this more, I mean its a big concern and I can understand how we are all excited for this figure. Hell mine is still in its box and I can't take it out. And I'm not going to lie one of the reasons is cause I want it in a glass shelf like a detolf so that it doesn't get any dust or other bad elements getting to it. Also I plan on putting him in a simple pose that wont stretch out the suit.

If you look at the Takara Batman thread, I don't think you can dismiss these problems as being caused by improper handling or conditions. There are a lot of people there experiencing tears for no apparent reason.

If you look at the Takara Batman thread, I don't think you can dismiss these problems as being caused by improper handling or conditions. There are a lot of people there experiencing tears for no apparent reason.
So it all comes down to the materials used huh? I just want my HT to last at least 10 years if not longer. It pisses me off that Kenner's Jurassic Park Dinos. last longer than say a Rambo fig. ugh!!!:banghead

I think we should talk about this more, I mean its a big concern and I can understand how we are all excited for this figure. Hell mine is still in its box and I can't take it out. And I'm not going to lie one of the reasons is cause I want it in a glass shelf like a detolf so that it doesn't get any dust or other bad elements getting to it. Also I plan on putting him in a simple pose that wont stretch out the suit.

I am getting two for that reason, I plan to pose my Batman and place him in the Batmobile and I think overtime all that wear and tear will cause the suit to rip/fall apart and its good to have a spare for that reason.

I wouldn't dismiss the issue as being purely conditional of the owner, but certainly owner care or ^^^^ luck is a significant factor if cases are more isolated. I know plenty of people on this board who own an original or rerelease Tak Bats without a problem. Rubber's a trick material in figures, HT even sends out instructions on what not to do with their muscle body figures to ensure longevity.

I think what it comes down to is, some folks have bad luck and get a piece that's doomed to damage from the factory, but an isolated case, not an indicator that the entire production is flawed, or out of carelessness or naivity, the pieces is put into conditions that tap into the weaknesses of the design.

As long as it comes from the factory without problems, if the posing and environmental conditions are right, these figures should endure.

Just got my Batman in a couple of minutes ago. He is absolutely amazing. So much better than the Takara Batman. The suit in this case will be much easier to tear. Even the boots (the top layer) is made of rubber. But it does look so much more screen accurate. I'll post some more pictures shortly.

Pics bro PIIIIIIIIIICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Sorry man, had to take them first.:D
Yes, the connector thingies that go between the hands and the arms would always come out when I tried to take off one of the hands. I had to use pliers to take them out of the hands.

That sucks. Oh well, guess I won't be able to exchange hands as often as I'd like.

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the bad quality and lack of poses.:eek:

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Back