Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be the wrong place to ask, but what is generally considered to be the best Hot Toys release of Iron Man (specifically Iron Man and not just the license in general)? For some reason I always figured the Iron Man lineup was significantly more expensive than other 1/6 scale figures because of how awesome they looked but then I actually looked up the price and my mind was blown when I saw how good of a deal it is. I would only get one though so which one do you guys recommend?

imiv.jpg

This might be the wrong place to ask, but what is generally considered to be the best Hot Toys release of Iron Man (specifically Iron Man and not just the license in general)? For some reason I always figured the Iron Man lineup was significantly more expensive than other 1/6 scale figures because of how awesome they looked but then I actually looked up the price and my mind was blown when I saw how good of a deal it is. I would only get one though so which one do you guys recommend?

Mark VI is the best IMO

Man, the MKIII is such a piece of garbage that it's not even funny!
Next to the new armors, it does look rather dated.
One of the few things I don't like too much are the gaps at the hip joints and the gaps at the shoulders.
So, to avoid making them obvious, I pose the Mk.III BD to try and hide those ugly spaces.
In this position, it doesn't look too bad:
5376773407_6936ea8bbb_z.jpg

My absolute favorite release by Hot Toys in the Iron Man line is the Mk.I, but good luck getting one at a "fair" price. The Mk.IV is my next favorite. The red/gold armor with the circular chest reactor is very nostalgic for me and this set comes with what I believe to be the best likeness of Downey Jr. of any figure from any manufacturer.

Having now had this figure for a few days and messing about with it my Only criticism is that while it looks awesome it is quite delicate and the back of the hands glow when you have the repulser lights on and if im honest im just being picky. Despite this its a wicked addition to any 1/6 collection and 100% improvement on the hottoys mark III.

ok i dont have the time or patience to go back through 600 some pages in this thread . are there some light scratches on anyone elses m4 right out of the box?

Next to the new armors, it does look rather dated.
One of the few things I don't like too much are the gaps at the hip joints and the gaps at the shoulders.
So, to avoid making them obvious, I pose the Mk.III BD to try and hide those ugly spaces.
In this position, it doesn't look too bad:
5376773407_6936ea8bbb_z.jpg
Yeah, the Mark III (battle-damaged) can still look great, you just have to pose him well (as you have shown here). If you just leave him standing straight with his hands at his sides, as so many seem to do, then yes he looks terrible.

ok i dont have the time or patience to go back through 600 some pages in this thread . are there some light scratches on anyone elses m4 right out of the box?

yes, if they are the one im thinking of they are intentional.

If they were really scratches they wouldn't be silver in color as the base coat isn't silver. It's battle damage and everyone has them.

Sorry but the Mk IV is far superior to the Mk V as far as design- I just can't get used to the triangular arc reactor and the silver sectons of the armor. Mk IV reeks of race car sleekness and overall design unity....it is THE IM suit design. Notice it will still be the one demanded- prices are going up and up on the secondary market, people aren't looking past it to get V. The Mk V will be hot upon release because it will be the "latest thing" but in the end MK IV (with the headsculpt) will be the one people will want the most IMO.
Gary:wave

Sorry but the Mk IV is far superior to the Mk V as far as design- I just can't get used to the triangular arc reactor and the silver sectons of the armor. Mk IV reeks of race car sleekness and overall design unity....it is THE IM suit design. Notice it will still be the one demanded- prices are going up and up on the secondary market, people aren't looking past it to get V. The Mk V will be hot upon release because it will be the "latest thing" but in the end MK IV (with the headsculpt) will be the one people will want the most IMO.
Gary:wave

The price goes up with almost all of these, not just the IV

Back