Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Here's what happens when you pose mine palms up.

12c3928e.jpg

The black LED casing on mine came off too D:

Oh woa....I've never done any customizing but I might try this if it's easy enough for a troglodyte like myself. Could you point me to a write up, or even PM me some instructions? I'd hate to ruin the thing. It looks fine from the photos I've seen online but I'm up for a simple process that would enhance the figure even more. I'm not looking to keep my figures mint for reselling either, so I'm not concerned about that.

Dont forget to bleach those brown pants when he arrives.

I hope I'm not veering into off-topic land, but could you point me in the direction of an Idiot's Guide-type thing regarding the black wash process too? I'm familiar with the term but have no idea how to safely do this. But I'm willing to learn. I have some background in automotive customizing (nothing garish or extreme, just stuff like aftermarket leather interiors) so I'm game to learn. Looks like I need to start perusing the customization forum. :)

The metal isn't chrome, but Im thinking about doing a black wash into the gaps between the plates to give a little contrast to the grey. I think the stock paint makes it look flat. I'll see when he finally arrives but I have kicking that idea around since the in hand pics started showing up.

comparing the stills with the actual fig, i agree that they could've added a little touch of 'metal'. it's a neat figure but not as impressed compared to the other suits released (minus the fade)

I loved this figure at first but when people on here started saying he looked a bit skinny I agreed, after seeing this pic though I realize he was slim in this armour in the movie, thanks for posting it!

Love the figure again now, can't wait til next week when I have him!

The V isn't perfect (proportions, mostly), but damn! does it look awesome in the line-up when it's posed with some oomph.

well to all those guys who own this 1:is the grey realy that matte as it looks?it looks like plastic,not like metall.....or is it just the pics?let me know because i have a pre-order going,maybe will cancel it...

Got mine last week, and to me the paint should have been shinier, more reflective, the dark gray against the red looks pretty dull IMO.

I considered just getting the refund, but I dropped $70 worth of reward points into this fig. and I don't think they will refund reward points? Im thinking that some light paint work would do the trick, but Im not sure what kind of paint, or prep work would be involved.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Got mine last week, and to me the paint should have been shinier, more reflective, the dark gray against the red looks pretty dull IMO.

I considered just getting the refund, but I dropped $70 worth of reward points into this fig. and I don't think they will refund reward points? Im thinking that some light paint work would do the trick, but Im not sure what kind of paint, or prep work would be involved.

Any thoughts?

Post it for sale. You won't get your $70 in Reward Points back, but honestly that's not money out of your pocket. The problem is that the Mark V is still available for order, so you will either have to:

1) Sell below retail now to entice someone to buy a used one rather than a new one;

or

2) Hold on to it and wait until it's sold out, then break even or potentially make a profit.

Honestly, the Mark V failed to "wow" me as well, and I'm considering selling it.

Yeah, My last couple of Sideshow orders have been complete let downs, Rogue etc. I know Mark V was coming, and every HT item I own has blown me away, so I was all excited about this one picking up the slack in my collecting happiness, and I can say this is my first HT fig that didn't really blow me away. IMO the best thing about it is the briefcase.

Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible by any stretch at all, HT just set the bar so high for themselves, it must be tough to keep knocking them out of the park.

I just got mine, very disappointed with the paint job.
is grey not Chrome or silver. looks really cheap to me. Sad
that make me feel that is enough for HT Ironman stuff.

Grey is semi gloss on parts and glossy in others. It's not made to look like chrome or even resemble chrome like the Mark II figure did. It just looks like a flat, glossy, grey finish. Makes me sad but hoping a mod can fix it.

Who knows they did it on purpose
then they hav a reason to launch a better paint job
Ironman mark V DX for some event exclusive.
Anything can happen wit HT

I'm actually thinking of cancelling my PO for this- just doesn't excite me like it did a few months ago..burnt out on IM or this just doesn't look as good as I thought it would?

Back