Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this on pre-order, but cancelled. It doesn't look as good to me. I too am burned out on Iron Man. Moving on to other licenses.

Hmmm, ordered this yesterday along with a IV, but reading some of the comments are making me wonder if I did a good move !

Hmmm, ordered this yesterday along with a IV, but reading some of the comments are making me wonder if I did a good move !

IMO, it's a great figure. but the hype for it is dead.

i've completed all the marks, plus war machine, and i can understand why most are not really blown away by this. iron man burn out it is.

i love it and this is the armor i'd be crazy to pass on.

mark 2 AU, secret project 4, gantry, i can live without those.

not this.

i've completed all the marks, plus war machine, and i can understand why most are not really blown away by this. iron man burn out it is.

not this.

Thanks for the info ! I will keep my order and if I don't like it, I'll sell it later on.

the paint is quality... its just not the "colour you want"

True, the quality of the paint is fine it's just not as accurate as it should be shine-wise.

I want to have another fiddle but i got my nephews up for the weekend and dont have time to get it out and fiddle with it.

God thats sounds really dirty out of context :lol

not this.

Maybe cos this is my last Iron Man Figure or cos i've got a few iron men already is the reason for my lack of Ooomph in excitement.

this is my mark V :panic:

iron_m11.jpg

I ended up cancelling this also, along with the Mark II AU. I can't bring my self to order Monger either and I was really excited about it coming out before now. I only have IV, VI, WM, Secret Project and a custom Tony, but I feel that the other stuff coming out is where I want to spend my money. Can't wait for Batman next week, Supes, Cap, Capt. Jack and then next year Keaton and Nicholson.

Hot Toys killed Ironman. With all the different variants, re-releases and amount of waiting for a figure it has just killed the excitement for most collectors, me included. Mark V arrives on Monday and I have Iron Monger on PO and the only reason I am keeping them is to finish off the set and then it is goodbye Hot Toys.

My first impression upon opening it was disappointment unfortunately, the matte grey really stuck out poorly.

Overall the figures is good, not the best, but very good, the neck has an annoying opening at the back which the light shines through and the discs on the side of the thigh push up through the underwear when spreading the legs a bit.

I'm giving it a 8/10 would have been a 10 if they had chromed the grey armour

Somethings wrong here, i'm not getting that sense of awe from this figure. Of the last two figures i got, Spider-Man and Bly, i can still look at them and think Wow! They're brilliant!

But i'm looking at this guy on my shelf and i'm not getting that feeling, like something is just not right, i think it's the matte grey :(

It looks better in my lighted cabinet, i dunno if its the grey paint or the smaller size to other armours, but something isn't clicking for me, i'm gonna pose them all together tommorrow, it may be it being alone it looks odd :dunno

This is the first time in a long time that i wasn't completely satisfied from a figure.

Well the more time i've spent with the figure, the more i'm liking it, the grey is dull but in the right lighting there is some shine.

I think my lack of excitement and Wow factor was simply that it's another Iron Man figure, you get to know the basic shape and structure so it's not as new and exciting as getting Magneto and Green Lantern will be.

I'm definitely gonna keep it, but i have some problems with mine that i don't know if i should get a whole new figure or parts from SSC...

• Like "Meat Goat" the rubber wrist peg and outer backhand cover thing comes off exposing the bulb on the BD arm.
  • The backhand cover on the standard left arm is very loose, it swings freely
  • There is a tiny spot on one of the thigh silver part with red paint, not very noticable but is once you know its there.
  • The Iron-Speedos were lodged around his lower back and have become bulged around the right hand side of the waist.

Full new figure or new arms? Thoughts?​

Last edited:
I think it's great if you are an Iron man collector. But if you just like Hot Toys and collectibles that hold their value I could see how many are turned off by so many Iron Man figures. I think it's a win win with everyone.

Well the more time i've spent with the figure, the more i'm liking it, the grey is dull but in the right lighting there is some shine.

I think my lack of excitement and Wow factor was simply that it's another Iron Man figure, you get to know the basic shale and structure so it's not as new and exciting as getting Magneto and Green Lantern will be.

I'm definitely gonna keep it, but i have some problems with mine that i don't know if i should get a whole new figure or parts from SSC...

• Like "Meat Goat" the rubber wrist peg and outer backhand cover thing comes off exposing the bulb on the BD arm.
  • The backhand cover on the standard left arm is very loose, it swings freely
  • There is a tiny spot on one of the thigh silver part with red paint, not very noticable but is once you know its there.
  • The Iron-Speedos were lodged around his lower back and have become bulged around the right hand side of the waist.

Full new figure or new arms? Thoughts?

Personally I want a new figure. With mine it's the right wrist that broke loose. Not the BD arm. I haven't even looked at it yet to be honest.

And both backhand covers on mine are very loose. If that's how they all are I'll live with it. I'll just refrain from posing him palms up.

I think it's great if you are an Iron man collector. But if you just like Hot Toys and collectibles that hold their value I could see how many are turned off by so many Iron Man figures. I think it's a win win with everyone.

I agree. I want a Mark V so Im excited to get it. I do plan on tinkering with the sliver areas though.

A few quick pics. I need more powerful lights. Anyways.

I'm in love with the figure, and I can definitely live with the shortcomings. I'd love to see more of other members' pics. Put 'em up, guys!

001.jpg

006-2.jpg

011.jpg

018.jpg

025.jpg

030-1.jpg

038.jpg

042-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

well to all those guys who own this 1:is the grey realy that matte as it looks?it looks like plastic,not like metall.....or is it just the pics?let me know because i have a pre-order going,maybe will cancel it...

More plastic than metal, but hey, if you like the mkv just get it

Back