1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 2pack in last night. All I can say is they both are truly remarkable figures. I have but one complaint and that is Hans boots. Other than that, I am completely satisfied with how this duo came out. Freakin awesome.
I'm going to use some cotton balls and stuff down into the boots to full those gaps.

If I had any kind of nit pick it's that I think Chewies fur around the face is too dark. If anyone is going to be brave enough to experiment with a way to lighten his fur I'm interested in seeing it.

Other than that I lm just completely blown away to the WOW level. Once you get this set in your hands it's just....yeah, WOW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

image.jpg

I'm sending my Chewie over to you for futzing. Some of those shots look exactly like what we were all hoping for. The second to last shot might as well be the real Chewbacca. :yess:

For a mass produced figure it's superbly made with no shedding(touch wood) and easy to pose up. One thing i did was dampen down the mustache with a spot of hair gel and water which i think really improves the look.

I've always loved how Chewbacca is basically a space sasquatch. The pictures I've seen look great. There have been a lot of great shots. I really like what you did with the background matrix69.

Is there a definitive answer to the best way to futz the hair on Chewbacca? I read several pages back about dipping your finger in water and lightly dabbing it on the fur before combing over it. If I am mistaken about that or if there is a better way, please share. I want mine to turn out looking great when I'm done with his hair.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this figure. I ended up getting the single pack of him and I broke down and bought Han as well. I really hope the single packs make it to the US soon. I originally wasn't going to buy any Star Wars Hot Toys figures. Now I'm selling off some of my other figures so I can buy the new Hot Toys Star Wars figures. I think Chewbacca looks like my favorite that will be released this year. Besides him and Han, I decided to preorder ANH Luke because he looks like a pretty good figure, especially for the price when you look at home much he comes with. I have a Medicom Boba Fett, but I preordered the Hot Toys version with the Sarlacc Pit. I'll probably get rid of my Medicom Fett eventually. I have the Sideshow Darth Vader 2.0 already. So I don't think I'll be buying the Hot Toys version, even if it turns out to be a better figure. I'm pretty happy with the Vader I have.

Thanks for the video, Ton Ton.
Is anyone besides myself considering gluing the ammo boxes permanently into the belt? I'm never selling this thing, and they do look fairly loose. During the futzing process, I would hate for one to slip out without my noticing it, then it might disappear into the void. Even if I did sell it later, (which I won't) I think the value would be better preserved with glued-in ammo boxes as opposed to having one missing. After all, they're always in place in the film...

Back