1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny that some recent pics posted look more or less exactly like the initial ones posted in Hong Kong when it came out Day 1.

People were freaking out on those and cancelling, and yet people are praising the new pics that aren't futzed? Weird....

For your consideration....

God dammit, I was so happy when I saw this. I thought everyone else somehow managed to crouch the body of their Chewies in the pictures and this was the true height when standing straight. Then I saw the bit about shorter foot pegs on Han. :gah:

Looks so good that way, good work.

Its funny that some recent pics posted look more or less exactly like the initial ones posted in Hong Kong when it came out Day 1.

People were freaking out on those and cancelling, and yet people are praising the new pics that aren't futzed? Weird....

Well, once you've actually paid the $260 you gotta praise it, right? This is Freaks.:dunno:lol

The fur under the chin is a pretty key futz though.

Well, once you've actually paid the $260 you gotta praise it, right? This is Freaks.:dunno:lol

21221826460_273b56aeae_o.jpg

:lecture

Truthfully, this Chewy does look a little funky in a few ways, but as soon as SSC ships the singles and I have this in-hand, this figure will be the gold standard and I will eviscerate anyone that says a word against it. Nothing personal - it's just protocol.:dunno

Truthfully, this Chewy does look a little funky in a few ways, but as soon as SSC ships the singles and I have this in-hand, this figure will be the gold standard and I will eviscerate anyone that says a word against it. Nothing personal - it's just protocol.:dunno

:)

I'm looking forward to getting Chewie and Han. Chewie most of all, because he's going to be impressive with a little futzing.

No idea when they're going to show up here though.

Han has some small marks on his forehead that appear to be glue spillage

Just a suggestion, but I highly recommend taking a new photo of Han to show this issue. I'm very doubtful Sideshow will do anything for you with the photo provided as it's not clear that there's anything wrong with the sculpt - the slight gloss on the forehead can be anything, including a reflection. And if the shiny spot isn't the glue, then I really can't see the problem you're discussing - which means that Sideshow's customer support, which has to look at a lot of photos every day, will not see it either.

Of course that will take HT to actually bother to ship it to SS.

Received my two pack today, awesome set! Sorry about the crappy phone pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442259494.801883.jpg

(I've since put the strap from the bowcaster the correct side of Chewie's arm)

My first of two two packs arrived today. Will pick it up at my parents house later in week. My son is brining his comb. Very excited for this duo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my two pack today, awesome set! Sorry about the crappy phone pic
View attachment 210531

(I've since put the strap from the bowcaster the correct side of Chewie's arm)

Awesome photo. I like how you futzed Chewy.

This photo does show that he isnt tall enough. I wonder...instead of using shorter pegs in Han, is it possible to legthen Chewy's without exposing anything? A small increase would do wonders. Even as little as 5mm or so.

Hey Hot Toys, can I get my Chewy with a little extra fur down below? You know, authentic 1977 style. Thanks, hugs and kisses.

Just got my exclusive chewie today, first impressions, no amount of futzing is gunna help this guy. Sending him back to ssc for a refund.
Was so hopeful that this was THE chewie we have all been waiting for. Guess i'll just wait and see what another company can come up with for our favourite wookie.attachment-6.jpeg :monkey3

(C'mon. The wait for this guy is killing me... April was when he was supposed to be released :impatient:

I'm guessing it's because now people (me too, even though I had already taken my chance with the crappier pictures) have seen that Chewie seems salvageable if far from perfect. That makes it easier to look at the figure without throwing a tantrum and punching the screen. :lol Even a pretty good Chewie is much better than no Chewie at all.

Got my 2pack in last night. All I can say is they both are truly remarkable figures. I have but one complaint and that is Hans boots. Other than that, I am completely satisfied with how this duo came out. Freakin awesome.

Back