1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No shedding on mine :)

I remember one of the early video reviews, the reviewer was putting scotch tape all over Chewie to show that pretty much no fur comes off. Right around the 7 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-G1tWqDro&feature=youtu.be

For a mass produced figure it's superbly made with no shedding(touch wood) and easy to pose up. One thing i did was dampen down the mustache with a spot of hair gel and water which i think really improves the look.

Excellent! That's what I was hoping to hear! I ordered the single and still waiting...impatiently! :lol

Is anyone besides myself considering gluing the ammo boxes permanently into the belt?

Not a bad idea, but my first priority would be coloring the back of the belt so it's not white fabric - that looks unfinished on a figure at any price point, let alone a $260 high-end collectible.

How are people futzing the head so well. Mine came like HT tried to futz and fur seems glued in some spots. See his left check and neck/beard.

How are people futzing the head so well. Mine came like HT tried to futz and fur seems glued in some spots.

Have you tried some water (like wet fingers) as others have mentioned in the past? Multiple people have mentioned that whatever is "on" the fur is water soluble and not glue.

Ok wow, seeing this pic really makes me want to get one of those long rifles for my Chewie now. Looks cool as hell.

I think I like him better with the DLT-19 than the bowcaster. You know what'd look cool as hell? Chewie packing the DLT-19 and flanked by Luke & Han in Stormtrooper disguise, ready to rock.

********* I'm such a geek. Amazed I have a girlfriend. :lol

Assuming your are not joking.. .that was T L C ... tender loving care. Not a product (as of yet).

Hah. Im laughing at myself. I swore that said tic. I didnt look at it closely enough. That or Im getting old and need reading glasses. Alas...

Looking at those top two photos of Chewbacca by Matrix; the shape for the 'stache is definitely there. It's just too dark. I think the easiest way to lighten it would be to fix some appropriate coloured and textured fibres of some kind in place with some hairspray. They'd have to be very fine so as not to bulk up the area. And I'm guessing other regions of the face need it too. It's a non-invasive solution that should work in theory. Tricky to execute well.

[emoji445]"I'm in love... I'm all futzed up..."[emoji445]
e7fb552c357d16f6bd5a7d5dc7426930.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a non-invasive solution that should work in theory. Tricky to execute well.

As soon as you post photos of your positive results, I'll give it a shot. ;) Chewie looks like he's wearing black face in a lot of photos. I still can't imagine why someone at HT would have made that decision.

For that I would have to buy Chewbacca, and he's not part of the plan. :nono Not that I'm not tempted to see how he'd turn out. But still.

How about this... You buy it and try out your mod. If it works, I'll buy it from you as I'm planning to buy it next month anyway. If it doesn't work out and you ruin it... Well... Nevermind. ;)

Back