1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about this... You buy it and try out your mod. If it works, I'll buy it from you as I'm planning to buy it next month anyway. If it doesn't work out and you ruin it... Well... Nevermind. ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure it'll work. Just need the right simulated Wookie fur, a stiff paint brush and some diluted hair spray. Somebody on this board will get to similar sooner or later. Still not buying the walking carpet. ;)

[...]Chewie looks like he's wearing black face in a lot of photos. I still can't imagine why someone at HT would have made that decision.

Stealth variant.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

In Empire it looks to be the reverse. Lighter face, darker mustache.

chewbacca__3327.jpg

Fingers crossed for an accurate portrait on Chewie 2.0.

If we could replicate the look in the image above convincingly, I'd be all over it. As good as this current figure can be futzed, I really miss that friendly and soulful look Chewie has in so many scenes.

After 5 days of study(and futzing)I've concluded that there are 2 aspects to Chewie that I must deal with.First,the hair around his feet needed to be trimmed;every reference I have shows that the fur pretty much ends at "ground level"and his toes should be visible;15 minutes of careful trimming resolved this one.Still to be dealt with are his bright pink lips.My best references show the lips to be more of a "fleshy tan".This weekend I shall sit down with the right color and a fine brush...PS

After 5 days of study(and futzing)I've concluded that there are 2 aspects to Chewie that I must deal with.First,the hair around his feet needed to be trimmed;every reference I have shows that the fur pretty much ends at "ground level"and his toes should be visible;15 minutes of careful trimming resolved this one.Still to be dealt with are his bright pink lips.My best references show the lips to be more of a "fleshy tan".This weekend I shall sit down with the right color and a fine brush...PS

Actually if there really is too much fur at his feet, that should make it even easier to extend the legs an extra 1/4 or so and fill in the gap. I wouldn't be trimming that at all if it were me.

If we could replicate the look in the image above convincingly, I'd be all over it. As good as this current figure can be futzed, I really miss that friendly and soulful look Chewie has in so many scenes.

Yeah that would definitely be the ideal. I'll be totally happy if I can just futz mine as well as Matrix did, but it would still be cool if one could tweak it even further somehow to get rid of that slightly goofy expression it still has.

Awesome photos! :clap

What is this "Tic" you used on his face? If it is some kind of styling or wax product, where can I find it?

These are best pictures yet of Chewie. Man I still have to buy these figures! I need to get my finger out!

Best pics and best futz to date by country mile:clap

matrix... your pics of Chewie are blowing my mind!! impressive futzing, and great posing ideas :clap
View attachment 211151View attachment 211150View attachment 211153View attachment 211152View attachment 211154View attachment 211155

I'm loving your pictures, matrix! What are the cuffs on Chewie from? I thought about using the ones from Star Lord even though they aren't accurate. I don't have my Chewie yet though. I hope I can get mine to look as good as yours.

This is the display that I'm waiting to do! My Marmit stormtroopers also are waiting ! Are those the hasbro handcuffs? Great shot as usual matrix! :clap Thanks for sharing!

Wow, matrix! That is a great shot of Chewie and the Stormies. :rock

I'm loving your pictures, matrix! What are the cuffs on Chewie from? I thought about using the ones from Star Lord even though they aren't accurate. I don't have my Chewie yet though. I hope I can get mine to look as good as yours.

Thanks:) The cuffs are the hasbro ones with the plastic chain piece cut away. Not very accurate either but they do the job.

Back