1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matrix, do you mind swinging by my place and helping me get this guy re-futzed and posed???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy looks SO much better with some futzing. I need to do a little more work to get the gel/whatever out from under his chin (I don't really understand why they did that...) and maybe twirl a little hair around under his muzzle for a more curled effect there, but it's a much more natural look without that gunk. That and adding a little more volume to his head did wonders.

12036452_10105486505261290_6870973132712619854_n.jpg

(Yes, I need to scooch that ammo pack over some into his bandolier. LOL. I noticed that after I took the pic sadly.)

Chewie turned out pretty decent with the in-hand photos, happy to see that. It was a bold task to take on a furry Chewbacca and they did well with it. Bravo!

Now for mine to just come in :D

For anyone who's interested here's a height comparison with the SS vader and with my custom vader which is more accurate. View attachment 211387

Thank you for the comparison.

So an original SSC ANH and Chewie would be within a few millimeters in height. Bot companies **** up the height in different directions and they end up with the same height almost. What are the odds? :lol

Is there no one among the early owners that have considered trying to lenghten chewie juuust a little bit?

Thank you for the comparison.

So an original SSC ANH and Chewie would be within a few millimeters in height. Bot companies **** up the height in different directions and they end up with the same height almost. What are the odds? :lol

Is there no one among the early owners that have considered trying to lenghten chewie juuust a little bit?

Actually i think chewie is pretty close to accurate height wise. Han stands a little too tall at 12 and 1/4 inch.

I put myself on the waitlist for the 2-pack.

I know that I'm rather late to the party but had other financial issues keeping me from ordering previously.

Here's hoping it converts.

Actually i think chewie is pretty close to accurate height wise. Han stands a little too tall at 12 and 1/4 inch.

Really? Interesting, I read earlier in one of these threads that Han was too tall, but then someone said that he was too short, so since I don't have my own to compare yet I have to believe what's written here. Maybe they are trying to match the height to Bespin Luke which I think is a little too tall?

So now the short peg on Han idea a few pages back comes back into play..

Stop coming in here with your logic and destroy the glimmer of hope I just felt. :thwak :lol

Hahaha. Sorry. :) I think it's pretty safe to estimate the heels on the boots at 1-1.5", so even on the low end, he'd be 6'2" which is a hair under 12 and 11/32" - so something between 12 1/4" and 12 3/8" is pretty good. The specs say the figure is 11.8" tall and I haven't seen anyone put a ruler to him yet.

So far...

Chewie is too short
Han is too short
Bespin Luke is too tall
Vader is/was? too tall
Tall/regular Stormtrooper is probably a bit too short

I'll make custom pegs for Chewie's feet when I get mine so long as there's enough fur around the ankles to cover everything up.

Last edited:
e1d05d6b8b916d09379f02d32e25bcd1.jpg

Just got mine last night, I think he's awesome, sorry for crappy pics :):)

Though my beagle does agree with alot of people on here and says he's stupid :):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is correct. Chewy looks the right height in comparison to the unmodified SS Vader and when standing next to Han.

Back