1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pics taken recently. Chewie definitely photographs better with darker lighting and shadows but I wanted to take some shots using natural lighting. I love this figure, despite the common nits most of us share.

Edit: Just noticed one of his ammo packs on his bandolier moved so no need to call it out. :slap

Attachments

• DSC_7056.jpg
    DSC_7056.jpg
    39.1 KB
  • DSC_7061.jpg
    DSC_7061.jpg
    32.2 KB
  • DSC_7063.jpg
    DSC_7063.jpg
    30.8 KB
  • DSC_7066.jpg
    DSC_7066.jpg
    38.2 KB
  • DSC_7080.jpg
    DSC_7080.jpg
    37.7 KB
  • DSC_7075.jpg
    DSC_7075.jpg
    36 KB
  • DSC_7065.jpg
    DSC_7065.jpg
    32.6 KB
  • DSC_7077.jpg
    DSC_7077.jpg
    35.2 KB
  • DSC_7072.jpg
    DSC_7072.jpg
    36.5 KB
  • DSC_7076.jpg
    DSC_7076.jpg
    31.2 KB
  • DSC_7088.jpg
    DSC_7088.jpg
    30.5 KB
  • DSC_7087.jpg
    DSC_7087.jpg
    27.7 KB
GREAT PIC'S Hippie!:clap:clap:clap Seeing Chewbacca in daytime light he look's fine and see no problem or need to lighten him IMO. Again great pic's. I still have not seen Chewbacca with BOUSH Leia come on time 4 bounty hunter n Chewie at jabba's palace or Chew hangin with Lando.

GREAT PIC'S Hippie!:clap:clap:clap Seeing Chewbacca in daytime light he look's fine and see no problem or need to lighten him IMO. Again great pic's. I still have not seen Chewbacca with BOUSH Leia come on time 4 bounty hunter n Chewie at jabba's palace or Chew choking Lando.
That's better.

Here's a few pics taken recently. Chewie definitely photographs better with darker lighting and shadows but I wanted to take some shots using natural lighting. I love this figure, despite the common nits most of us share.

Edit: Just noticed one of his ammo packs on his bandolier moved so no need to call it out. :slap

Your Chewie looks great. What kind of futzing did you do for the head?

Also, Chewie's got some nice thigh gap here. Probably making teenage girls across the country jealous.
attachment.php

Here's a few pics taken recently. Chewie definitely photographs better with darker lighting and shadows but I wanted to take some shots using natural lighting.

Your photos look great. I think some people shouldn't confuse badly underexposed and white balanced photos, let alone blurry photos, with good photography. You don't need to make any excuses, GREAT work and great examples, the figures show off amazingly well in your examples.

Thanks for the complimentary words Pixel.

Ton Ton, for futzing I tried to comb out as much of the the product as possible so I was able to actually comb the hair. I'm not happy with the 'stache as it is so I'm going to work on that some more. I basically used a fine tooth comb, dipped it in warm water and carefully combed it out. Then I used my fingers to "style" it and kind of lightly twisted little bunches of hair together at the ends so it didn't look so uniform.

Ton Ton, for futzing I tried to comb out as much of the the product as possible so I was able to actually comb the hair. I'm not happy with the 'stache as it is so I'm going to work on that some more. I basically used a fine tooth comb, dipped it in warm water and carefully combed it out. Then I used my fingers to "style" it and kind of lightly twisted little bunches of hair together at the ends so it didn't look so uniform.
This thread just got really weird.:lol Figure is about a week away so I'm getting all sorts of excited and it's helpful to know how people achieved the different looks. Appreciate the detailed info. :duff

I asked sideshow to email me last flex on 25th and asked to e-mail soon as i can pay off. I got the feel there's so much demand for them can see another delay in my future and if get another delay this will be the worst release i ever had. It feel's like no end in site to this madness of waiting.:impatient::gah::impatient:

money ready...here we go!
I can't wait to see the flood of pictures next week..give or take a few days.

Have to say, FMH, those natural daylight shots were the clincher for me. I'll be picking this SOB up once he's finally in stock (and maybe Ben, as well).

Great pics, FullMetalHippie...
Chewbacca is looking good. Old Ben however....it's interesting to see that Hot Toys continues it's tradition of producing super well - rendered sculpts that aren't quite there. He just looks "off" to me. But I don't want to derail Chewie ' thread with comments on Kenobi.

Chewie looks good...I'm seeing a figure there that can be fuzzed into a pretty awesome display piece....please, keep the pictures coming!

Thanks guys.

You won't regret picking him up. Straight out of the box he isn't that great looking but once you futz the fur, Chewie comes out a lot more.

Great pics, FullMetalHippie...
Chewbacca is looking good. Old Ben however....it's interesting to see that Hot Toys continues it's tradition of producing super well - rendered sculpts that aren't quite there. He just looks "off" to me. But I don't want to derail Chewie ' thread with comments on Kenobi.

Chewie looks good...I'm seeing a figure there that can be fuzzed into a pretty awesome display piece....please, keep the pictures coming!

Frankly, I just can't wait to display all the HT Star Wars figs together. All those familiar faces captured so well, together again...

439px-Han_Solo_and_Chewbacca_costumes.jpg

9877183f007bafab9571b8e7bcf59079.jpg

can_rmqvad00.jpg

Back