1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures guys!!

Here is mine...

2016-08-09 18.27.15.jpg
2016-08-09 18.26.47.jpg

He really adds to the display....

2016-08-04 15.28.31.jpg

So hard to know which of the Chewies are modded and which are not! But great pics guys.
Debating this one or the TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh hey, where'd that come from?? Glad you liked it, thanks. :)

Here's a couple more recent pics. It's still one of my favorite figures... even though the inaccuracies in the likeness do still bug me at times.

View attachment 284758

View attachment 284759

The paint app on the face really does transform the figure. I need to mount up the courage and dive in

The paint app on the face really does transform the figure. I need to mount up the courage and dive in

Yeah it definitely helps, although another thing which I think really improves the figure is lengthening the bandolier (which I'm kinda surprised no one else has tried doing yet). The current one is so short I find it almost as distracting as the likeness.

Awsome chewi what brand of pastels did you use?

Not sure, they were just some old pastels I've had around forever. But they're not expensive, just the kind of chalk pastels you get in a pack at a hobby store like Michaels or Aaron Brothers.

Not sure, they were just some old pastels I've had around forever. But they're not expensive, just the kind of chalk pastels you get in a pack at a hobby store like Michaels or Aaron Brothers.[/QUOTE]

I might buy some and try that but when i went to the store there were many types of pastel like oil pastels and i didnt know which one to buy ,they recomended me the oleo ones do you know which type did you use?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Great pictures guys!!

Here is mine...

View attachment 284698
View attachment 284699

He really adds to the display....

View attachment 284700

Oh hey, where'd that come from?? Glad you liked it, thanks. :)

Here's a couple more recent pics. It's still one of my favorite figures... even though the inaccuracies in the likeness do still bug me at times.

View attachment 284758

View attachment 284759

Awesome wookiees..:clap

Yeah it definitely helps, although another thing which I think really improves the figure is lengthening the bandolier (which I'm kinda surprised no one else has tried doing yet). The current one is so short I find it almost as distracting as the likeness.

Not sure, they were just some old pastels I've had around forever. But they're not expensive, just the kind of chalk pastels you get in a pack at a hobby store like Michaels or Aaron Brothers.

Could you perhaps share your approach, Im a total noob when it comes to this. What I would probably do is start painting a darker teddy bear or something.

I just used a sort of burnt sienna color that was a match for the lighter hair, and rubbed it over the darker hair with my finger (after first loosening the hair around the face as much as possible). It's just a dusty chalk pastel, so pretty easy to rub back out again if you're not happy with it.

I just used a sort of burnt sienna color that was a match for the lighter hair, and rubbed it over the darker hair with my finger (after first loosening the hair around the face as much as possible). It's just a dusty chalk pastel, so pretty easy to rub back out again if you're not happy with it.

Awesome thanks for the share! Will give it a bash

Totally agree! How did you lengthen yours?

Back