1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple more
1672723b5092b695d064f5a8a03a096b.jpg
89ba57884805d026d9a279da352aecba.jpg

Empire strikes back look...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks great! What did you do? I've yet to brush / mod mine so I'm looking for any tips.

I applied acrylic paint to the face. Highlighted the main area of the face. Futz more of the fur too. I've almost got him perfect! [emoji5]

It is saying that it could be 1 of 2 reasons that there is a firewall preventing it or it does not have the right DNS address which i really didn't even understand what that ment. Let's see if anybody else has any other problems. I can look it up on YouTube if you tell me what to look under. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It is saying that it could be 1 of 2 reasons that there is a firewall preventing it or it does not have the right DNS address which i really didn't even understand what that ment. Let's see if anybody else has any other problems. I can look it up on YouTube if you tell me what to look under. Thanks

"hot toys star wars display"

If you ever have a problem like that with a video here, you can usually quote the post and it will reveal the URL for the video. That might help.

Id try testors acrylic "leather" with chew. Make sure and use a thick bristle brush as that should help applied small amounts evenly on the strands. Just be cautious

Last edited:
I user burnt umber then added a little bit of white acrylic to lighten up the paint app. Brings out the face a bit better. I wasn't sure at first until I noticed that he looked much better

Finaly my Chewbacca arrived and I pimped him a bit using Pastells and Gloss Clearcoat

IMG_2881.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg
IMG_2887.jpg

I used lighter brown Pastells to get the face more like it should be (in my Opinion)you have to use a sort a Fixative between layers as you will be wiping it away otherwise as you go along building it up. I also used a clearcoat on the mouth/thounge, nose and eyes.

Oh and almost forgot I repainted the eyes. I dot recomend this to ppl that have little modeling/Paint exprerience as you can/will Fup an expensive collectible but I did it as i wanted the eyes to be more vissible.

Congrats on getting Chewie! He's a cracking figure! Loving you're custom work!!

I love how he looks after a bit of tweaking! !

945186f7565a8c2d7f6b378511371b8d.jpg

I just scored a new/sealed Chewbacca locally!!!!!!

Here's a quick shot right out of the camera, no photo editing or figure fur grooming! (He's going to need some work.)

Chewbacca_test.jpg

This is my new favorite 1/6th scale figure!!!!

I just scored a new/sealed Chewbacca locally!!!!!!

Here's a quick shot right out of the camera, no photo editing or figure fur grooming! (He's going to need some work.)

View attachment 234309

This is my new favorite 1/6th scale figure!!!!

Nice pic! Yep, he's my fave as well.

The face is only slightly off, certainly less off than how Chewy looked in TFA (where he didn't quite look like OT Chewy.)

Thank you! I love how much you can mod him. [emoji5]

Back