1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree hes not total ANH but i find myself really liking him. might have to get him after all

dccc72cf04184a32e69ff416153efd75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the "new" additions/reveals are a great add on for this figure. Personally i'm very pumped for this figure. i LOVE my Sideshow Vader, and look forward to adding Hot Toy's vision to my growing Star Wars collection.:yess:

I still have not ordered this guy in hopes of a ROTJ version. Hopefully making the right choice.

I have $250 in rewards but as improved as he looks in the video, I'll still wait for in hand shots and comparisons with both ANH & ESB/RotJ Sideshow Vaders as I own both. Those hands and tiny chest box still sour him a bit for me... I usually buy everything Vader, but I may wait till he's lower in price somewhere. Plus still anxious to see Sideshow's McQuarrie Vader, even with all there let downs lately :lol . But the way they're going with their ridiculous pricing he'll be $350!! :slap

I will never able to buy an anh Vader, even if it's a great figure like this in my opinion can be with some little futz or 'bashing (futz or 'bashing on a 400$ figure don't sounds well but...), cause I'm in love with my anh Vader and I will never betray him. I hope that ht will offer us an esb version of Vader, it will be a no brain for me at that point! Hope to see your in hand picture and I have to say to the future owners of this guy: grat deal!:clap :rock Share your pics and your opinion as soon as possible!

For anyone complaining about it not looking like ANH Vader - here's your 2015 reality check.

Seriously, guys?

This thread has made me realize how totally delusional most people are about this stuff. I want it to be as "perfect" as the next person, but we are talking about a 1/6 figure - not a cast replica.

Look below at what was once regarded as the best mass-produced ANH Vader not too many years ago and be thankful that Hot Toys have done such an amazing update.

Is it perfect? No. Is there the ANH traits? Yes. Pointy widows peak (the most distinctive ANH feature). Black tusk. Paint strokes on the silver parts. Asymmetrical (check out the bottom rim of the helmet - next to my eFX - and it sits wonky like the eFX).

Anyway, no point trying to convince anyone. I'll happily own one and all those who are complaining can wait in hope for their "perfect" version that will never come :slap

For anyone complaining about it not looking like ANH Vader - here's your 2015 reality check.

Seriously, guys?

This thread has made me realize how totally delusional most people are about this stuff. I want it to be as "perfect" as the next person, but we are talking about a 1/6 figure - not a cast replica.

Look below at what was once regarded as the best mass-produced ANH Vader not too many years ago and be thankful that Hot Toys have done such an amazing update.

Is it perfect? No. Is there the ANH traits? Yes. Pointy widows peak (the most distinctive ANH feature). Black tusk. Paint strokes on the silver parts. Asymmetrical (check out the bottom rim of the helmet - next to my eFX - and it sits wonky like the eFX).

Anyway, no point trying to convince anyone. I'll happily own one and all those who are complaining can wait in hope for their "perfect" version that will never come :slap

:clap:exactly::goodpost:

That pic of old sideshow ANH Vader definitely puts things into perspective. Wow. Though to be fair, I think mine looks better than that in person.

That video really shows off how superb this new Vader is. Can't wait to put him in my detolf and then read all the "delusional" and hate filled posts yet to come in this thread. I wonder how many here will be replacing that near perfect HT dome with the ridiculously over-sized Hasbro one everyone here seems to love?

Seriously, guys?

That video really shows off how superb this new Vader is. Can't wait to put him in my detolf and then read all the "delusional" and hate filled posts yet to come in this thread. I wonder how many here will be replacing that near perfect HT dome with the ridiculously over-sized Hasbro one everyone here seems to love?

LOL so true.

I am liking it more and more.

You think I have a chance of recouping my money from SS Deluxe Vader Exclusive if I sell him to fund this?

Seriously, guys?

I'll second that:goodpost: Looking at the vid they've really improved the dome from the proto,which was my only real issue. Yes there's other minor nitpicks but for a mass produced anh vader he's looking pretty fantastic.

Back