1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take 2.

Anyone thinking that either of the SSC's look remotely good has got some serious issues with their eyesight. The Hot Toys looks like a full-size guy in a mask compared to the toys flanking it.

Definitely worth the upgrade!
Does anyone know if this guy is coupon eligible on sideshow?

Really happy how this turned out! can't wait to have him in my collection. My only gripe is the gloves.
Do you think the remote will be able to turn on the light saber and belt? would be handy.

Take 2.

Anyone thinking that either of the SSC's look remotely good has got some serious issues with their eyesight. The Hot Toys looks like a full-size guy in a mask compared to the toys flanking it.

:goodpost::lecture

Yeah whatever other issues we may have with it, the HT still wins just for having a much more accurate helmet.

And is it just me, or does the dome actually look a bit asymmetrical there? Because if it is, that's another nice touch as well.

Take 2.

Yeah, I have been thinking this since Hot Toys announced this figure.

I do think the SSC ANH looks like a guy in a mask though:

darth-vader.jpg

Take 2.

Great comparison photo! The other two look like cheap toys by comparison. I have mostly focused on flaws in the dome but these pictures really make it clear how inaccurate the masks were for the sideshow figures as well. Though, the other aspects of the costumes for the sideshow figures were not bad.

Take 2.

You defend this figure more than I defend the PT.

The gloves on the Hot Toys figure are garbage and the cape stitching bothers me more and more. Not to mention it does not really scream ANH for me. The dome bothers me with the weathering. Even if it is screen accurate, I really don't care, I don't like it.

The SSC ANH Vader looks small.

SSC Deluxe Vader is to tall. That picture is terrible of it as well. It makes it look toyish when in hand it looks pretty good. Other than that, I am happy with it and so far will be keeping it over the HT.

I guess I'm not getting why people are so up in arms over the gloves. They don't seem that bad to me but maybe I'm missing something.

I think its the mix of fabric backing and plastic fingers on the hand. I admit it looks a bit out of place in pictures, but far from a deal breaker. I was more concerned with the head and it came out fantastic.

I guess I'm not getting why people are so up in arms over the gloves. They don't seem that bad to me but maybe I'm missing something.

I am liking it more and more.

You think I have a chance of recouping my money from SS Deluxe Vader Exclusive if I sell him to fund this?

i think losing the option to display a Shaw headed Vader would be a mistake, and you should have both in your collection....

You defend this figure more than I defend the PT.

The gloves on the Hot Toys figure are garbage and the cape stitching bothers me more and more. Not to mention it does not really scream ANH for me. The dome bothers me with the weathering. Even if it is screen accurate, I really don't care, I don't like it.

The SSC ANH Vader looks small.

SSC Deluxe Vader is to tall. That picture is terrible of it as well. It makes it look toyish when in hand it looks pretty good. Other than that, I am happy with it and so far will be keeping it over the HT.

Not defending it, just pointing out the obvious. Already said the gloves are bad and that I'd be swapping the cape. No different to the amount of work you need to put into most figures these days - but as a base, starting point... this decimates all previous 1/6 iterations.

Anyway, enjoy your SSC Vader!

PS: I'm going to mock the hell out of you if you end up getting the HT :wave

Back