1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a serious question here. With all the fighting that's been going on between members, can we have a thread called "The Ring"? We can ban all negativity from every thread on the forum, and then when there's a problem, we "take it to The Ring" and just go crazy on each other and insult each other and the toy companies. No holding back, no PC police, anything goes. That should clean up all the threads, and I think The Ring would be very entertaining.

Anyways, this Vader figure looks pretty outstanding. May the Force be with you, Hot Toys! (No one can use that phrase except me)

12190811_904215152987100_7522314115935570421_n.jpg

plastic enemies

That would have been a great exclusive accessory for Kylo Ren.

I have a serious question here. With all the fighting that's been going on between members, can we have a thread called "The Ring"? We can ban all negativity from every thread on the forum, and then when there's a problem, we "take it to The Ring" and just go crazy on each other and insult each other and the toy companies. No holding back, no PC police, anything goes. That should clean up all the threads, and I think The Ring would be very entertaining.

Anyways, this Vader figure looks pretty outstanding. May the Force be with you, Hot Toys! (No one can use that phrase except me)

I would definitely be subscribed to that thread! Although the watching the Internet fighting is half the fun of the fun here for me :)

On topic...starting to think about selling SS Delux Vader now lol...I need these damn photos already!!!

If you're really looking to make your money back you might be best selling it parted out a bit--like just the figure with no accessories for $150 maybe, and then some of the other parts piece by piece (Anakin head for $30 etc.). I sold the stand at some point and it fetched $35 or so--still leaves you with the exclusive piece, the helmet pieces and stand. Curious to know how the reveal head will look on the HT figure.

If you're just looking to unload then I'd think you'd have to be ready to take a loss as Sol said. Think of it as having rented a Vader figure this whole time. :)

Good idea man. Thanks. Im sold on this Vader after I saw the helmet revision.

I don't get why people get so bent out of shape if you criticize something. "Delusional"?, "Whiny little bitches"? Really? All I'm saying is the thing supposed to be '77 Vader but doesn't at all look like the '77 Vader. What difference does it make if other companies have also failed at making the '77 Vader? I absolutely said that I agreed it's obviously, amazingly well made, they just seemed to mess up the most important part, making the helmet look like '77 Vader. I don't think it was ever in doubt that HT would make a quality, well made figure, that's not what I was talking about. I'll be very happy to be wrong, but the figure in that video looks like some generic, amalgam Vader and not the original. I never got the SS Vaders, so seeing the vid from HT was a bit of a bummer, especially after he looked great in that new releases ad.

This Darth Vader has the best helmet on any figure since the cinemaquette and that was a straight up output of a digital file from lucasfilm (but because of the thickness of materials the dome sat a little higher than I'd like. But the helmet is basically a shrunken down Vader helmet like this hot toys figure has....

The outfit can be futzed just minor adjustments really...

What bothers me, is the gloved hands don't look like there enough sculpted gloved finger goodness....
And the shoulder bells look like sideshows original anh and incorrect sculpt

Anh Vader mask should have black eyelids not silver, that's what makes the dome appear to loom over his eyes more....
I for one am happy with it...much happier about it since these pics surfaced, that for sure....id rather buy two of these than one of the sideshow ...but I already have the sideshows! They are still nice figures of course, but this one is just amazing.

I'm sure people will futz the crap out of this sucker and make it look amazing, but it's 300 USD right out of the gate, that's a hard pill to swallow. That being said, I hope I'm just having a panicked reaction to the video, and the in hand pics will look fine.

Well it is $277 on popcultcha..... lol

Super pumped about this. I can live with those arm bags/gloves.

Actually at today's rate, it's $288 plus credit card foreign currency fees (if applicable) and shipping. All up, about the same as from Sideshow for domestic U.S., except minus the SSC Rewards Points:dunno

Why, oh, why isn't this 1/4? I'm sure I'm in the minority with that question, but seriously. The helmet on this turned out beautifully. And they're dignifying the ROTS suit with a 1/4 release. All that weathering would have looked amazing in that size, much more so than a brand-new, polished helmet.

Is the helmet the only difference with the rots suit?

Nope...

The cut of the suit, a little more leeway in the legs...new the materials ( actual costume, that is)
Lighter, flowing cape.
All armour are sculpted new.

Back