Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That ebay seller is the only way to go - and I'd snatch that up fast - they guy puts them up and it's gone in 10 minutes. I missed out on getting it from toys2 here in Canada which would have cost me about $160 incl shipping, but I lucked out with that ebay seller from HK - ends up at $176 including EMS shipping.

I missed two auctions though because by the time I saw them and hit "buy it now" someone else had taken them! Finally I just kept hitting refresh on his page on bought one about 30 seconds after it appeared!

I really like the medicom version, but this one is just excellent, particularly the clothes.

Other ebay seller have them as well, but it's closer to $190-200 with shipping.

Really not a big fan of the HT batmans.

Takara is the best still so far, and the Medicom Dark Knight looks nice, but I don't like that costume.

The other Batmans (HT and Medicom Batman begins) look like overweight tubs!

That ebay seller is the only way to go - and I'd snatch that up fast - they guy puts them up and it's gone in 10 minutes. I missed out on getting it from toys2 here in Canada which would have cost me about $160 incl shipping, but I lucked out with that ebay seller from HK - ends up at $176 including EMS shipping.

I missed two auctions though because by the time I saw them and hit "buy it now" someone else had taken them! Finally I just kept hitting refresh on his page on bought one about 30 seconds after it appeared!

I really like the medicom version, but this one is just excellent, particularly the clothes.

Other ebay seller have them as well, but it's closer to $190-200 with shipping.

Really not a big fan of the HT batmans.

Takara is the best still so far, and the Medicom Dark Knight looks nice, but I don't like that costume.

The other Batmans (HT and Medicom Batman begins) look like overweight tubs!

Where in The Great White North are you?

What the hell is this guy saying? overweight tubs? the Takara Batman is too skinny and not screen accurate at all and that ugly neck joint on the cowl looks crap..the Hot Toys Dark Knight Begins suit is tailored almost exactly to what it looks on screen..have you not seen the pics? and that suit was bulky on screen, and Christian Bale is a bigger man then Keaton and probally Val Kilmer aswell.

What the hell is this guy saying? overweight tubs? the Takara Batman is too skinny and not screen accurate at all and that ugly neck joint on the cowl looks crap..the Hot Toys Dark Knight Begins suit is tailored almost exactly to what it looks on screen..have you not seen the pics? and that suit was bulky on screen, and Christian Bale is a bigger man then Keaton and probally Val Kilmer aswell.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:D

Yeah, the extra thickness is pretty accurate. The Tak Batman is very slim, more like the Panther suit that Kilmer wore than Bale's suit.

Batman should be bulkier anyway, I like him more that way. It makes him more intimidating.

I also got mine from that seller. Hope it works out OK.

I also bought from this seller also (BB suit Batman). I have bought before from him (Hot Toys Cannibal Jack) and the transaction was great (fast shipping and item in excellent condition). I also asked him and he said that Hot Toys will release them on July 25.And he combines shipping.Two figures EMS posting was $60 (To Greece) andthe prize for each one was $36.55.

I'm excited for the fun of shooting this figure, I'm antsy to shoot a high end Joker from this movie.

This sort of stuff, but with a much better looking figure.

JOKER1.jpg

I'm sorry but this is just jaw dropping. Frigging awesome. Have any shots of the other MM figures? Or different poses? Very epic.

Well I kept telling myself to not pick up anything from this line but after thinking it over for a few weeks I decided to pick up the Joker and the Begins Batman just in case these suckers go up in value after the movie hits. I think these figures are going to be very hard to come by after the movie hits, especially the Joker. Now to get that Tumbler and Bat Pod :banghead

Ha - I don't know what to tell you - yes I've seen the pictures, and studied as many of them as possible for a while before going for the Takara one.

Yeah, the Takara Batman is skinnier than in the film where the chest and waist are a bit big - but the Medicom and especially the Hot Toys Batman have waists that are waay too big - bigger than in the film. He looks weird and bulky, not really tough, and definitely not like a sleek superhero.

It's true the Hot Toys one is the most "screen accurate" in terms of some of the details on the suit patterns, but really at the end of the day the HT looks like a tubby man squished into a muscle suit who could barely fight under all that weight, and the Takara one looks like a sleek super hero who could whup HT Batman's flabby ass!

That's just my opinion of course - screed accuracy in details might be more important to you. And I agree about the Takara neck - It doesn't look bad but the poseability is too limited. A Hot Toys body would have been better inside for sure.

HOT TOYS new and old - especially in the third photo I think he looks like Johnny Tubhouse. The new Bale head sculpture is great though.

product_image.php

toybox_071806_1.jpg

9DK_Batman_12inches.jpg

2598381398_0ff53133f8_o.jpg

TAKARA

b4.jpg

50280-1.jpg

batman12.jpg

wormeye.jpg

Last edited:
The new HT Batman looks to have the right proportions to me.

01.jpg

For some reason, on both HT Bats, Begins and TDK, the Bale head seems out of proportion but the cowl heads don't.

Whah - that's a gooooood photo! Looks in proportion, and the head sculpt doesn't look like a cartoon! Where'd you get that from? Look at the post above and se how bad the HT Batmans (both versions) look vs your photo!

Is that the figure or the real guy? I see it's from chistianbalefan.org - look at the eyes in that nice photo, and then look at the eyes from the photo on my post from the figure convention. It's not the same thing. I suspect this is actually a picture of the actor in the suit, and not the figure!

People...quit trying to justify that the first HT Batman was "good"...it was crap. And now you're stuck with crap cause you have no chance of selling it.

I LOVE Hot Toys but I'm not afraid to call them out on their flops and overall IMO their first Batman Begins figure was a HUGE flop - design-wise.

They have officially redeemed themselves with this new figure.

People...quit trying to justify that the first HT Batman was "good"...it was crap. And now you're stuck with crap cause you have no chance of selling it.

I LOVE Hot Toys but I'm not afraid to call them out on their flops and overall IMO their first Batman Begins figure was a HUGE flop - design-wise.

It sells just fine:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-B...oryZ2480QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Batma...oryZ2480QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Batma...ryZ27294QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure that the new one is that much different. The Christian Bale head looks amazing, but the rest of him looks pretty similar to the old one. Very cartoony. Some people are into that though. It's still a good figure, but not my style.

Whah - that's a gooooood photo! Looks in proportion, and the head sculpt doesn't look like a cartoon! Where'd you get that from? Look at the post above and se how bad the HT Batmans (both versions) look vs your photo!

Is that the figure or the real guy? I see it's from chistianbalefan.org - look at the eyes in that nice photo, and then look at the eyes from the photo on my post from the figure convention. It's not the same thing. I suspect this is actually a picture of the actor in the suit, and not the figure!

It's a photo of Bale, I was saying that looking at him in the real suit, the new HT figure looks pretty close to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back