Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that the new one is that much different. The Christian Bale head looks amazing, but the rest of him looks pretty similar to the old one. Very cartoony. Some people are into that though. It's still a good figure, but not my style.

You just posted a long topic showing the differences right above.

Obviously the look differences are minor but I think it is more of the design implementation. The suit is obviously slimmer and more accurate to screen and fitting the Hot Toys body underneath.

The differences are more in how they built the thing than the actual look.

The new HT Batman looks to have the right proportions to me.

01.jpg

For some reason, on both HT Bats, Begins and TDK, the Bale head seems out of proportion but the cowl heads don't.

Yup. This HT version of Begins Batman is dead on. I like the thickness of the look.

Takara Batman is a great figure, but this new one is better, and being new is should be.

You just posted a long topic showing the differences right above.

Obviously the look differences are minor but I think it is more of the design implementation. The suit is obviously slimmer and more accurate to screen and fitting the Hot Toys body underneath.

The differences are more in how they built the thing than the actual look.

Again I'm not sure (I was highlighting the differences between takara and HT by the way, though I included pics of bot HT figures) - it's really hard to tell from all these photos exactly what the thing looks like - the new proto shots are great photography, and it looks excellent (though I think a little tubby!) *BUT* then the shot at the toy convention looks *really* bad.

I hope it looks god though, love to see beautiful figures, even if I don't own them!

Uhh the convention pics are what sealed the deal for me on the Begins suit, it will be the best Begins Batman out of all when it is released and i doubt you will ever see it made ever again, and how do you think it looks cartoony? the paint on the Takara batman is more cartoony, much like the Medicom one..Hot Toys have improved on the flesh tones of their figures, on my mountain sniper ACU and Rambo figures you can see this, and on the older Hot Toys figures the paint looks more caked on ex. their USMC 23rd Marine Sniper.

I agree with you on the face paint, which is very good, and much improved (though I like Medicom's unpainted skin better in general - don't like their Batman very much though) but although the official shots look really good, the convention pics to me look cartoony in terms of the masked face, and again the slightly overly big body.

I was going to order it when I saw the official shots, but the convention shots killed it for me.

2598381674_6aa3b4b911.jpg

2598381398_0ff53133f8_o.jpg

On the other hand, while some of the convention Joker pics also had me on the fence, this one sealed it for me!

2518199621_4a8ed0d225_o.jpg

Uhh the convention pics are what sealed the deal for me on the Begins suit, it will be the best Begins Batman out of all when it is released and i doubt you will ever see it made ever again, and how do you think it looks cartoony? the paint on the Takara batman is more cartoony, much like the Medicom one..Hot Toys have improved on the flesh tones of their figures, on my mountain sniper ACU and Rambo figures you can see this, and on the older Hot Toys figures the paint looks more caked on ex. their USMC 23rd Marine Sniper.

I agree with you on the face paint, which is very good, and much improved (though I like Medicom's unpainted skin better in general - don't like their Batman very much though) but although the official shots look really good, the convention pics to me look cartoony in terms of the masked face, and again the slightly overly big body.

I was going to order it when I saw the official shots, but the convention shots killed it for me.

2598381674_6aa3b4b911.jpg

2598381398_0ff53133f8_o.jpg

On the other hand, while some of the convention Joker pics also had me on the fence, like this one which makes the expression seem a little too neutral

2598380914_8c74647744.jpg

this one here sealed it for me and I picked one up ASAP!

2518199621_4a8ed0d225_o.jpg

Just wondering, is the Joker completely sold out with retailers and only available on eBay now oir does anyone know where I can order one from?

I emailed Sunny Studios for a shipping quote last night but they haven't replied yet

Pretty much sold out everywhere. But I suggest ordering from where ever you can before the movie is released. He will be impossible to get then.

Pretty much sold out everywhere. But I suggest ordering from where ever you can before the movie is released. He will be impossible to get then.

Not necessarily impossible to get, just impossible to afford. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of the people buying now are strictly to sell it post theatrical release and cash in big, it's smart from a business sense, but sucky for the collector just trying to enjoy the hobby. Flippers really take the fun out of the hobby.

Getting annoyed now, I've emailed a number of sellers on ebay about shipping for the Joker and they haven't bothered to respond with the result of 2 out of the 4 I've been watching have sold today!

GRRRRR!

You must understand that most of the sellers are from Hong Kong, a whole dfferent time zone, and it is still Sunday. They propably won't check mails until tomorrow.

With the way they are selling on eay, i might have to buy one now rather then waiting for a response. I know i will kick myself in the ball after if i wait any longer and miss out on the still good price it can be had for. Too bad most of the one's left have a 97% rating or lower.

Getting annoyed now, I've emailed a number of sellers on ebay about shipping for the Joker and they haven't bothered to respond with the result of 2 out of the 4 I've been watching have sold today!

GRRRRR!

you wont get the email on ebay direct from japanese sellers.
Check your actual mail with the email address linked to your account , it should be there. :)

You must understand that most of the sellers are from Hong Kong, a whole dfferent time zone, and it is still Sunday. They propably won't check mails until tomorrow.

With the way they are selling on eay, i might have to buy one now rather then waiting for a response. I know i will kick myself in the ball after if i wait any longer and miss out on the still good price it can be had for. Too bad most of the one's left have a 97% rating or lower.

EDIT: Just bought one from StudioSunny on BIN. And if they read the mail i send them about a shipping option i can get via my nabour, i can get this bad boy for a great price :rock

Call me crazy but I just pre paid for the HT Joker from Toys2. :rock Not taking ANY chances with this Guy. :lol

Just a note for you Guys who order from Toys2. You can select the Pay by Money Order and no card will be preauthorized. That way you can pay via paypal when the item arrives or as I did pay early when you have funds available in your paypal account.

I also will do this with the Tumbler (so I can send paypal payments over time) and have it paid for before it ships instead of facing a one time payment.

So I just need to take care of the Original Bats next month and I'm good.

I didn't realize until I ordered TDK Bats from Toys2, but their Pre-Auths aren't temporary, they hold the ammount on you card even though it's not a charge, until you get charged, so your balance is always short whatever ammount until your item ships, that kinda sucks, I'd have gone other routes with them had I known. Glad it wasn't the Tumbler or something really pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back