Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cancelling my TDK Bat from Toys2 and ordering it from actionhq...they have excellent customer service and haven't let me down with getting the Joker and BB Batman.

I didn't realize until I ordered TDK Bats from Toys2, but their Pre-Auths aren't temporary, they hold the ammount on you card even though it's not a charge, until you get charged, so your balance is always short whatever ammount until your item ships, that kinda sucks, I'd have gone other routes with them had I known. Glad it wasn't the Tumbler or something really pricey.

Explain again please:D.

Explain again please:D.

Holding a pre-auth until the actual charge basically means this:

You didn't actually pay for it yet. It won't be on your bill. But the funds are completely tied up in the meantime. It's like you took that money, put it in a safe, but gave Toys2 the combination.

I'm cancelling my TDK Bat from Toys2 and ordering it from actionhq...they have excellent customer service and haven't let me down with getting the Joker and BB Batman.

I'm confused - there's also an earlier post saying "call me crazy, but I just ordered from toys2"

What's wrong with Toys2? I got my Superman there - they have the lowest price, and at least when it comes to shipping in Canada, the cheapest shipping too.

I was a dufus and missed out on the Batman/Joker and ended up having to go on ebay, where I'm paying about $30 more because of shipping!

I preordered both joker and new suit bats from toys2, and the pre auth charge stayed in my "Pending" charges for a few days, week at most then went away and i had full funds available. So its fine by me, they do say however that debit cards get charged now though, i noticed that on the preorder for new suit bats, didnt see it on joker when i ordered him.

I'm confused - there's also an earlier post saying "call me crazy, but I just ordered from toys2"

What's wrong with Toys2? I got my Superman there - they have the lowest price, and at least when it comes to shipping in Canada, the cheapest shipping too.

I was a dufus and missed out on the Batman/Joker and ended up having to go on ebay, where I'm paying about $30 more because of shipping!

We're lucky in that the only Hot Toys official carrier in North America is in Canada-- no customs fees and the shipping is easy breezy. Keep your order and just as it'll ship to la belle province easily I'll get my Tumbler, Bats, and Joker here to the Atlantic provinces much better than if I had to order from a US dealer... We're lucky.:D

We're lucky in that the only Hot Toys official carrier in North America is in Canada-- no customs fees and the shipping is easy breezy. Keep your order and just as it'll ship to la belle province easily I'll get my Tumbler, Bats, and Joker here to the Atlantic provinces much better than if I had to order from a US dealer... We're lucky.:D

For sure Toys2 is great for us in Canada, but why is it bad for people to order from them in the USA? Johnny Utah said he just cancelled with TOys2 and ordered from action HQ - Action HQ is selling them for $200 vs Toys2 $145! Even if they pay alot more for shipping in the US, he'd still be saving alot by ordering from Toys2, so there must be some disadvantage that I don't know about!

And from Canada to the USA they don't usually pay customs for anything under $200.

Have people had bad experiences with Toys2?

For sure Toys2 is great for us in Canada, but why is it bad for people to order from them in the USA? Johnny Utah said he just cancelled with TOys2 and ordered from action HQ - Action HQ is selling them for $200 vs Toys2 $145! Even if they pay alot more for shipping in the US, he'd still be saving alot by ordering from Toys2, so there must be some disadvantage that I don't know about!

And from Canada to the USA they don't usually pay customs for anything under $200.

Have people had bad experiences with Toys2?

Paranoia possibly... Toys2 is the way to go for these Hot Toys imports no doubt. I can't wait for Joker and Batman (original costume) to arrive. Just moving funds around right now (and my collectio too to make the space) for early January when the Tumbler ships... That's going to be as impressive as the 1/6 Jabba throne room I've got going... A great time to be a (CANADIAN) collector.:D

Hey by the way - I asked this on the Batman thread, but there seems to be some unpleasant characters romping around there

About the distribution of these new HT Batman and Joker - I know that they're limited run, and exclusive to Japan and HK, and also exclusive to one distributor in each of those zones.

How come we can find them on ebay and action HQ and Toys2? You can't even find them on Japanese and HK auction sites!

And how come it's $140 or so for us, and more like $175 for them?

Hey by the way - I asked this on the Batman thread, but there seems to be some unpleasant characters romping around there

About the distribution of these new HT Batman and Joker - I know that they're limited run, and exclusive to Japan and HK, and also exclusive to one distributor in each of those zones.

How come we can find them on ebay and action HQ and Toys2? You can't even find them on Japanese and HK auction sites!

And how come it's $140 or so for us, and more like $175 for them?

I'm not sure. Some people put them on e-bay wayyyyyyyyyy prior to having them in hand. Who knows how they're acquiring them...

wow checked a couple of ebay seller for the Joker and they have none in their stocks!
I guess he's all sold out for pre-orders.

Agreed. I wonder what these will sell for 3-4 months after they're released? My guess is the Joker will push $500+ on ebay. Just a guess though.

Maybe in a couple of years-- That'd be an astronomical leap in such a short time... Always a possibility but I guess it all depends on the furor that the movie produces in people... I know that the cheap Hasblo Joker ($10) is selling out quickly in stores like WalMart. The desire for the character (especially one this detailed) could be massive...

Maybe in a couple of years-- That'd be an astronomical leap in such a short time... Always a possibility but I guess it all depends on the furor that the movie produces in people... I know that the cheap Hasblo Joker ($10) is selling out quickly in stores like WalMart. The desire for the character (especially one this detailed) could be massive...

Yeah no doubt, I remember way back in Dec 06', when Rocky Balboa hit theatres. Back then I was collecting the Jakks Pacific Rocky line, I remember seeing a Rocky 6 figure sell for $48.50, today they go for around $6.

Hype is hype I guess. Just very glad I have one coming :banana

This is going to be THE 1/6 figure to own from '08.

Glad I got one pre-ordered when he was first announced.
Congrats on the MOD job.

Agreed. I wonder what these will sell for 3-4 months after they're released? My guess is the Joker will push $500+ on ebay. Just a guess though.

You are probably right there. If the film does well and Heath nails the Joker character I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for more than that.

Who said that?

I'd like to thank the people on these boards, it was reading your all's past experiences with Toys2 that made me feel confident to pre-order with them; otherwise I might have sat on the fence a little too long and missed my opportunity.
So, thank you, I'm eagerly awaiting this figure; as well as the e-mail to swap from Money order to PayPal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back