Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
was it loud?????

What do you think? :lol It roared so loud it echoed throughout Hollywood Blvd like cannons firing in a canyon. :rock

And stopped time, as it were. Look at the faces on these people. :lol

DSC00822-1.jpg

Okay, back to Joker. This 80 ft Ad is right outside my window! :rock

tdkbb.jpg

So does the jet thing on the back actually propel the Tumbler or is that simple movie magic? :monkey5

And, I'm SO jealous of your view, pjam!

Didn't spend a lot of time on this, and it ain't paint, but it does show that the Ledger look is there when the colors are shifted to better shades and some more sharp emphasis is put in. Their proto paint doesn't quite bring him out, it's too reserved. But he's under there. I'm gettin' one for sure!

JokerRepaintidea1A.jpg

I completely forgot what a Great post this was!

And actually asked Sean/others to do something similar last week.

My Bad Les... bad bad pjam. :lol Friggin' amazing.

This is SO Sick! So pysched to get this!

:rock :rock :rock

<TAKEI>Oh, my...</TAKEI>

I somehow missed this post the first time around. You really can see more Ledger in there, can't you?

I liked this figure before, now I'm loving it. :rock

This is going to be my first HT purchase, and I was wondering if anyone could comment on how much the final product deviates from the prototype? I've never seen a HT 1/6th in the flesh before.

This is going to be my first HT purchase, and I was wondering if anyone could comment on how much the final product deviates from the prototype? I've never seen a HT 1/6th in the flesh before.

I'm far from an expert on Hot Toys, but I can tell you that the final paint apps and tailoring on the latest Superman Returns figures was top notch. Essentially, they're just as good as the prototypes.

Naturally, they'll be some slight deviations from the proto, but in my (admittedly, limited) experience, what you see is pretty much what you'll get.

Sometimes the products can deviate slightly, sometimes the head sculpts can change a little.

Just like any Hot Toys figure (or any other figure for that matter) once the figure is released and in your hand it will look outstanding.

Despite the same old nitpicking that happens everytime a Hot Toys prototype is shown, the end result is always a true masterpiece, even if the prototype hasn't been changed at all.

You will be happy with any Hot Toys figure you purchase and this will be the first of many that you will buy :D :D

Was there really anyone here that wasn't already? Oh right, forgot, the Medicom fanatics. I'd buy the Medicom version if I could find it next to the Mattel 12"ers in Toys R Us where it belongs.

Last edited:
I think this Joker is going to be the most fun figure for me to shoot in a long time, the character is just very inspiring and the possibilities with the figure are spinning through my mind.

Didn't spend a lot of time on this, and it ain't paint, but it does show that the Ledger look is there when the colors are shifted to better shades and some more sharp emphasis is put in. Their proto paint doesn't quite bring him out, it's too reserved. But he's under there. I'm gettin' one for sure!

JokerRepaintidea1A.jpg

:blackbat :rock :blackbat

This may be the most repainted head in the history of 1/6 before all is said and done. The nice thing is, due to the colors involved even a total novice can have fun with it.

The more I see of Ledger's Joker, both this figure and images from the movie, the more I am reminded of the Joker in the graphic novel "Arkham Asylum" by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean. One of my favorite Batman stories and an awesome representation of the Joker.

Here is a link to one of the pages from the book (its a large image):

Joker and Batman

It's entirely possible that HT will change the paint apps before production, but all things considered, I think I'd rather have conservative apps that you can supplement here and there than apps that go overboard and require a full repaint to fix.

This will be the last Joker collectable I'll ever want, or need, to own.

Can't wait!

It's entirely possible that HT will change the paint apps before production, but all things considered, I think I'd rather have conservative apps that you can supplement here and there than apps that go overboard and require a full repaint to fix.

Totally agree! :lecture

And if all goes according to plan T2 should ship these out to us in about a month! :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back