Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets Secured! 7/18 10:10 AM Arclight Cinerama Dome, Hollywood, CA!

ArcLight Hollywood
Friday, July 18: come see costumes from THE DARK KNIGHT - Christian Bale's Batman, Heath Ledger's Joker, and clown masks from the film.

:rock :blackbat

ArcLight Hollywood
Friday, July 18: come see costumes from THE DARK KNIGHT - Christian Bale's Batman, Heath Ledger's Joker, and clown masks from the film.

sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take pictures bro!!!!!

ArcLight Hollywood

It's going to be so cool :banana Even though the movie is just around the corner the next 8 days are going to be so slow..

So is the consensus that it's possible we might be getting the HT Joker late July early August?

Can't wait :duh

Last edited:
Don't think this has been posted before...I can hardly wait for this and for the movie.

t8if2.jpg

I keep going back to the Hot Toys website to ensure nothing has happened to my pre-order, :pow still queded...

Don't think this has been posted before...I can hardly wait for this and for the movie.

t8if2.jpg

Wow thanks for posting that picture, you can really see the detail in the sculpt. The hair looks wicked good, I just hope not too much of that details are lost in the final product.

Wow thanks for posting that picture, you can really see the detail in the sculpt. The hair looks wicked good, I just hope not too much of that details are lost in the final product.

The only details I've ever seen lost, but it's a good thing, is the skin texture, and it doesn't get lost, it gets muted down to a good level and I think that's all planned. The protos have heavy skin texture and I'm guessing they found that making the mold for production heads softens the effect so if they go strong on the base head, the mold will capture just the right ammount. The production head is going to look fantastic on this figure.

The only details I've ever seen lost, but it's a good thing, is the skin texture, and it doesn't get lost, it gets muted down to a good level and I think that's all planned. The protos have heavy skin texture and I'm guessing they found that making the mold for production heads softens the effect so if they go strong on the base head, the mold will capture just the right ammount. The production head is going to look fantastic on this figure.
I figured as much with the prototype skin texture. I've never seen a HT in the flesh so I was just wondering.

Far as anyone can tell, another reason I wish SSC could have sold us this stuff, if they were on time, we'd have a notice now of them coming and would know, right now we're all in the dark. I might email Toys 2 around the end of next week, a bit closer to tentative release, they may have an estimate.

Far as anyone can tell, another reason I wish SSC could have sold us this stuff, if they were on time, we'd have a notice now of them coming and would know, right now we're all in the dark. I might email Toys 2 around the end of next week, a bit closer to tentative release, they may have an estimate.

I tried calling and leaving a mesage; no reply yet.

Is this pretty much one of those things where if you haven't preordered it already you aren't getting it? I'm really late to the game with this one.

Is this pretty much one of those things where if you haven't preordered it already you aren't getting it? I'm really late to the game with this one.

You are, but you'll probably pay a hefty price right now and you better jump on the first good chance you find because after next weekend, you're either going to not find it or have to rob a bank to afford the ones offered.

you can probably try asking if any SS freak isnt keeping theirs. and if they arent a complete ******, they wont rape you on the price.

Yeah, especially those who bought 10 or more of 'em. They'd probably let one go to a fellow SS freak without tearing you a new ^^^^^^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back