Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine from animate_internationals the shipping wasn't too horrible, and the seller has been getting back to me fairly quickly if I have questions.

I got mine from that guy too. I hope it ships soon, I have to go back to school on August 25th and I'd really like to bring this one with me there, otherwise I'll have to wait to see it until I get home for fall break and that would suck.

I got mine from that guy too. I hope it ships soon, I have to go back to school on August 25th and I'd really like to bring this one with me there, otherwise I'll have to wait to see it until I get home for fall break and that would suck.

I really hope this guy comes through on the Jokers, I have one on order from him and another on order from Action-HQ. Not taking any chances incase some of these guys get allocated.

I really hope this guy comes through on the Jokers, I have one on order from him and another on order from Action-HQ. Not taking any chances incase some of these guys get allocated.

Ugh I sure hope so, I can only afford to buy one at the moment :banghead so I am really counting on this seller to come through. The seller keeps putting up more pre-orders as soon as he sells them. It would be mighty disappointing if this seller doesn't come through, and I can only imagine how many pissed off customers would ensue from that.
Anyways, I am keeping positive about the situation :banana

I got around to asking animate_internationals about when the Joker is being released. He said that he got word from HT that the Joker will be ready by the end of next week. I am really hoping this is correct :)

I just got my allocation from Hot Toys and we will be able to fill all of our orders 100% in full...I actually have 4 extra pieces that are available for $154.95 plus shipping..we have been told these will be ready to ship at the end of july!!

Guess the info I posted earlier was wrong. Would've liked a little more time to save up but it'll probably be nice to have the Joker soon after seeing TDK. Thanks for the info Joe!

Hope they gave him raccoon eyes:D

Hey Mista305 - I guess you're a store/retailer? What's your website? I've already pre-ordered these from animate Internationals (hope they can fulfill their orders as well) but maybe next time!

One thing that's cool about this figure is that it *isn't* really a likeness of the actor.

Because of the way that both the Medicom and HT jokers look (awesome, but not like Heath Ledger) and that the HT Joker isn't being announced as a Heath Ledger sculpture the way the Christian Bale one is (the Joker is just advertized as being a likeness of the Joker) I'm assuming they couldn't get the license to do a proper sculpt of him. Since he's died recently perhaps his family is probably busy mourning him and not in the frame of mind to be thinking about selling his image on toys etc.

But at the end of the day, that really works - though his acting may have been great in the role, physically, Health Ledger was a very young Joker - I think he wasn't even 30 - these Joker sculpts look even more frightening since they're nto constrained by trying to capture his youthfulness. They've got a really weathered maniac look to them that's more "mythical" and iconic.

One thing that's cool about this figure is that it *isn't* really a likeness of the actor.

Because of the way that both the Medicom and HT jokers look (awesome, but not like Heath Ledger) and that the HT Joker isn't being announced as a Heath Ledger sculpture the way the Christian Bale one is (the Joker is just advertized as being a likeness of the Joker) I'm assuming they couldn't get the license to do a proper sculpt of him. Since he's died recently perhaps his family is probably busy mourning him and not in the frame of mind to be thinking about selling his image on toys etc.

But at the end of the day, that really works - though his acting may have been great in the role, physically, Health Ledger was a very young Joker - I think he wasn't even 30 - these Joker sculpts look even more frightening since they're nto constrained by trying to capture his youthfulness. They've got a really weathered maniac look to them that's more "mythical" and iconic.

I disagree with this, I think in hand, likeness to Heath Ledger will show. DCD used a 3D scan of Heath, I don't think likeness rights are an issue. Medicom's looks alright from the convention photos, but the photos aren't that great and Medicom likenesses are usually close but still off, they get stylistic a bit, particularly jawlines never seem to be right for the actors represented, so using them as a gauge of whether companies have likeness rights or not isn't the best course to take. As for Bale's name being mentioned with the Batman figure, that can't be used as likeness rights evidence either because of the Bruce Wayne portraits; we'd have to see how they list a Batman where there is only a cowled head to know if they'd still list his likeness. Heath's likeness is lost by the makeup a bit, even in the movie, so perhaps if it's so obscure, you don't have to credit the person's name, but where the Wayne head is unobstructed Christian Bale, they have to.

I really think HT's photos do a piss poor job of showing off the sculpt's forms, like cheek bones and nose and all, only shows the detailing of skin texture, wrinkles, hair, things like that. I think once we see the movie and see more sides to Heath's look as the Joker, we'll see him better in this figure.

I disagree with this, I think in hand, likeness to Heath Ledger will show. DCD used a 3D scan of Heath, I don't think likeness rights are an issue. Medicom's looks alright from the convention photos, but the photos aren't that great and Medicom likenesses are usually close but still off, they get stylistic a bit, particularly jawlines never seem to be right for the actors represented, so using them as a gauge of whether companies have likeness rights or not isn't the best course to take. As for Bale's name being mentioned with the Batman figure, that can't be used as likeness rights evidence either because of the Bruce Wayne portraits; we'd have to see how they list a Batman where there is only a cowled head to know if they'd still list his likeness. Heath's likeness is lost by the makeup a bit, even in the movie, so perhaps if it's so obscure, you don't have to credit the person's name, but where the Wayne head is unobstructed Christian Bale, they have to.

I really think HT's photos do a piss poor job of showing off the sculpt's forms, like cheek bones and nose and all, only shows the detailing of skin texture, wrinkles, hair, things like that. I think once we see the movie and see more sides to Heath's look as the Joker, we'll see him better in this figure.

That's interesting about the DCD Joker head being from a 3-D scan - I didn't know that - out of the three, the DCD one is the most youthful by far, but although it's an excellent sculpture, it still doesn't look like Ledger (at least not to me), so that's weird that it's a scan!

You may be right about why Joker isn't advertized as a likeness of Ledger, and that the thing in hand will look more like him, but as of yet, from the promo shots and the shots of the actual figures at conventions etc, they don't really look like him. He's got a "triagle" shaped face - widish on the bottom, smaller at the head - and a receding hairline, and he's thin and young.

The HT Joker has a boxy head, and a big head - and it's super hard to capture a receding hairline.

I think the HT Joker looks like an evil clown and the medi joker looks like a joker from cards -

But anyhow we'll see when they show up - until then it's all drooling speculation anticipation!

That's interesting about the DCD Joker head being from a 3-D scan - I didn't know that - out of the three, the DCD one is the most youthful by far, but although it's an excellent sculpture, it still doesn't look like Ledger (at least not to me), so that's weird that it's a scan!

It doesn't look like him with the DCD paint job for sure, but some repaints of him have really shown it. I wish I knew where to find it, someone posted an image of the 3D scan in the computer used for it and it was unquestionable Heath. The trouble is, they then had the hair done separately and had it sculpted in a style that doesn't look anything like Heath's hair in the movie so that really kills it too.

I was watching an HBO special last night and I found the HT figure overall resembles when the Joker crash's the party looking for Harvey Dent and looks to throw Rachel off a roof.

I've avoided any trailers or HBO specials or any info at all - I just want to see the movie and be surprised!

They did an amazing job in Batman Begins in terms of setting the stage for Dark Knight and future films - having the whole city go insane from the toxic gas makes characters like Joker suddenly way more believable than they would be otherwise!

And I love the whole design of this joker - his makeup is all smeared on like a crazy person making himself up - not to mention the smile scars!

When it comes to figures based on films and TV, I'm usually much more a fan of figures than the movies they're based on (new Star Wars, Kamen Riders, Superman), which I'm often not too keen on, but that was just a ingenious plot foundation!

Last edited:
Well, it's time for me to check out the hi res shots again, a daily thing for me. :lol

BTW, I will see the ACTUAL Joker Outfit used in the Film at this time next week @ Arclight Hollywood! :rock Will def post pics...

Well, it's time for me to check out the hi res shots again, a daily thing for me. :lol

BTW, I will see the ACTUAL Joker Outfit used in the Film at this time next week @ Arclight Hollywood! :rock Will def post pics...

can't wait to see those bro!!

you mean, you're only getting to the hi-res pics now?? not at 7am?!? (like me)

can't wait to see those bro!!

you mean, you're only getting to the hi-res pics now?? not at 7am?!? (like me)

:rotfl Yeah, I had to call my Mom and wish her a Happy Birthday. I'm good now. :D

16DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

umm.....yeah. can people stop saying this doesnt look like heath. im sure it will be great in hand. it is a prototype afterall. the rocky figures didnt look good in prototype stage but they turned out great. and this one looks great right now. im sure if any changes are made it will look even better.

I think this Joker figure is going to spawn my best images yet, I don't know what it is, but I'm just finding it a very inspiring figure and character, so diabolical and so many interesting visual things to work with, I can't wait.

I think this Joker figure is going to spawn my best images yet, I don't know what it is, but I'm just finding it a very inspiring figure and character, so diabolical and so many interesting visual things to work with, I can't wait.

Oh yeah. It's going to be fun posing this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back