Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's a visual of what I was saying before. Not in the paint apps, but in the general overall vibe of each different portrait, I feel a connection to each scene/emotion of Heath's Joker as illustrated by the film images below them.

jokers.jpg

Nice work there, Sean. As always. :D

It won't be long before we have these in hand! 30 Days?

Great Job MaulFan! I feel the same way, that is why I'm getting all three. The Joker just can't be summed up in one sculpt/paintup. Just like his voice, his looks are all over the place!

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Has Joe said early to mid August?

Here ya go Gruff. :blackbat

I got an email tuesday night stating that the mini busts and the BB Batman would be shipping end of July...they said that details on the joker would follow...hope that helps everyone
Best
Joe

Great Job MaulFan! I feel the same way, that is why I'm getting all three. The Joker just can't be summed up in one sculpt/paintup. Just like his voice, his looks are all over the place!

Exactly, without even seeing this movie, I'd equate the Joker to Jack Sparrow in terms of using facial expression heavily to convey everything. The eye squinting, the licks, Heath really put a lot of maneurism into his performance and no one figure head could totally embody the character.

I still believe that the Joker and BB Batman are on track for End of July/Early August shipping date.

Sorry. Didn't realize it was yours till I looked back in the post. Too linear on the makeup IMO. It doesn't suck, I just don't like it. If you can accept people blowing smoke, you gotta be able to accept criticism from time to time too.

Sorry. Didn't realize it was yours till I looked back in the post. Too linear on the makeup IMO. It doesn't suck, I just don't like it. If you can accept people blowing smoke, you gotta be able to accept criticism from time to time too.

It's all good man... I wasn't trying to attack you or anything.

I just wanted to illustrate that that version of my Joker is the one that I disliked the most. And I would also like to say that the head above was painted BEFORE most of the pics were leaked so I didn't have as much to work with.

I don't mind criticism, just seems like a lot of the time you post in my threads.. it is just to talk about how you don't like my methods or style.

I will agree though, that repaint was crap. Not my best work at all, and certainly not representative of what I normally churn out.

It's all good man... I wasn't trying to attack you or anything.

I just wanted to illustrate that that version of my Joker is the one that I disliked the most. And I would also like to say that the head above was painted BEFORE most of the pics were leaked so I didn't have as much to work with.

I don't mind criticism, just seems like a lot of the time you post in my threads.. it is just to talk about how you don't like my methods or style.

I will agree though, that repaint was crap. Not my best work at all, and certainly not representative of what I normally churn out.

Wow! I still think that is an awesome paint up though! :confused:

Ok, here's a visual of what I was saying before. Not in the paint apps, but in the general overall vibe of each different portrait, I feel a connection to each scene/emotion of Heath's Joker as illustrated by the film images below them.

jokers.jpg

wow, the middle one is by far my FAV. are the middle one and left touch ups? the left one is DCD joker right? but what is the middle one? I love the running eye make up effect, that's a badass head sculpt, where does it come from?

wow, the middle one is by far my FAV. are the middle one and left touch ups? the left one is DCD joker right? but what is the middle one? I love the running eye make up effect, that's a badass head sculpt, where does it come from?

He, DarkArtist81, made it. It is a fantatic sculpt :D

I don't care for the center one at all. The one on the left is sharp.

The middle one tries too hard to be evil, I hate to say it but the left sculpt is pretty good; might be better than the Hot Toys. :google

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back