Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Oh and Les if biting your nails aids in the continued artistry of your work, then bite away to your hearts content good buddy!!!:joy

I would have to assume, nah forget that I know for a fact that a guy like Josh loves the feedback. Do I think his Joker looks movie accurate? Absolutely! I am a big fan of most customizers here, D.A. specifically. However IMO there is nothing wrong with discussing the goods and the bads about certain work, hell I think its healthy for a place like this.

I would also agree about certain criticism about companies like Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc they do take alot of slack as well, i'm even gulity of participating too. When I think of all the great work Hot Toys (Yulli) has done I just can't find it in myself to criticisze anything, especially the new TDK line. Others, I do.

I would have to assume, nah forget that I know for a fact that a guy like Josh loves the feedback. Do I think his Joker looks movie accurate? Absolutely! I am a big fan of most customizers here, D.A. specifically. However IMO there is nothing wrong with discussing the goods and the bads about certain work, hell I think its healthy for a place like this.

I would also agree about certain criticism about companies like Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc they do take alot of slack as well, i'm even gulity of participating too. When I think of all the great work Hot Toys (Yulli) has done I just can't find it in myself to criticisze anything, especially the new TDK line. Others, I do.

I am also guilty of being starstruck by Hot Toys. I've yet to own anything of theirs that I could find flaw in.

You hit the nail on the head man. I actually like the criticism, especially when it is specific. I mean, it's nice to be heralded and for the excitement that generates when you post a new work... But, when you mess up? You want to know, and you want to know how to fix it. It's how we grow and move forward.

And Les was right on the money about me, a lot of our conversations have gone that route. I'm a horror artist, through and through. I can do human paints, but not with the same flair.

Comparisons are part of art, it's totally fine. You can't stop that, and one man's masterpiece is another man's toilet paper. :lol

And I try to critique SSC, HT or Medi figures in the same way I do customs. I find the good and the bad and I try to report it in all honesty. I don't like to bash something openly like that, because I know the people behind the company logos are artists just like me.

As for the HT Joker, I can't wait for it. It will have a place of honor on my shelf, along with my own custom and Les' custom head. :rock2

Don't think so :confused:

I stopped by the shop where I pre-ordered both Batman and Joker. Had a peek at the list they had and my name was #1 on both of them! :banana

Anyway, I asked them when would it arrive and they said it would probably be end of the month. I hope there are no delays!

To me, each head has it's own merit. The DCD head (with Les rework) is fantastic, and the best likeness so far IMO. Mine was good for it's time, before anything was around to use as decent reference.... but it's far from a likeness. It was an existing head that I sculpted scars and hair onto, just lucked out and it was close to Heath. The HT one, I can't judge yet... simply because I don't have it in hand to do so. But I think with a repaint, it will be good.

regardless of what everyone thinks of that redo, it looks great to me. the thing that I like about that one and hot toys over the DCD joker is the hair, I hate the hair on the DCD. it just looks cheap, where the other two, the hair looks more lively and just better sculpted. plus from the photos I like the paint on the hot toys joker better, from a out of the box perspective, untouched.

Got word from my HK ebay seller that the Joker fig will be arriving to him this week.:chew:chew:banana:banana

Would that be animate internationals like alot of us here, or a different guy? I guess either way, they're coming soon!

Are the batmans supposed to be released at the same time?

When you're used to such long delays with certain other companies, it's amazing to be getting these so soon after first hearing about them.

These are even fast for Hot Toys, I'm certain they've been in the works for quite some time in order to be ready for the movie, and in a smooth marketing move, they held off announcement til anticipation for the movie was peaked and then add not only that figures are coming but will be on the heels of the film release, something seemingly unprecedented. Hot Toys saw a great opportunity with this film and they're playing it perfectly, bravo to them.

i can't wait!!!! here's to hoping that after the movie release, Hot Toys will have even more news on new announcements.

So glad I already paid for Joker!

And I totally agree Sean, couldn't have put it any better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back