Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially since Heath doesn't even look like Heath!!! :lol

He really doesn't, outside of the party crash shots, I haven't seen too many shots of him where Heath's portrait is recognizable. It's really about how Heath's face shapes the makeup effects and all, and I think part of why this figure hasn't screamed a Heath likeness is because the makeup paint on it doesn't exactly reflect what the Joker has going on in the movie. If the production is closer or a custom painter gets their hands on this, it'll shine.

He really doesn't, outside of the party crash shots, I haven't seen too many shots of him where Heath's portrait is recognizable. It's really about how Heath's face shapes the makeup effects and all, and I think part of why this figure hasn't screamed a Heath likeness is because the makeup paint on it doesn't exactly reflect what the Joker has going on in the movie. If the production is closer or a custom painter gets their hands on this, it'll shine.

I heard from another board that Heath actually wore more prosthetics then just the scars. He had some on his forehead too, so that may also be another reason Joker doesn't look like Heath.

I heard from another board that Heath actually wore more prosthetics then just the scars. He had some on his forehead too, so that may also be another reason Joker doesn't look like Heath.

I could see that, with the hair like it is, they may have had to do other things with his head to make the whole look work right.

Well, surely there is no reason for it to resemble Heath anyway - seeing as HT put 'Authentic likeness of The Joker' in their info release, and not Heath Ledger.

Right?

umm.....yeah. can people stop saying this doesnt look like heath. im sure it will be great in hand. it is a prototype afterall. the rocky figures didnt look good in prototype stage but they turned out great. and this one looks great right now. im sure if any changes are made it will look even better.

Regardless of whether or not it looks like, Heath, it looks completely amazing (at least so far!) - so I'm pretty excited about this one.

Well, surely there is no reason for it to resemble Heath anyway - seeing as HT put 'Authentic likeness of The Joker' in their info release, and not Heath Ledger.

Right?
you guys are reading into this waaaay too much. HT isnt trying to play mind games with their wording here. this is a representation of heath ledger as the joker from the upcoming release The Dark Knight. it was based on shots portrayed in the movie. its not a generic joker and its not a victim of likeness rights issues.

Right?

Pretty Much, it's a TDK Joker, judge the HS for yourselves.

But Heath did wear prosthetics and the Joker Does not look like Heath. Even Michael Caine was taken aback when he first saw Heath as "The Joker"

Michael Caine on HBO's first Look - And I'm paraphrasing here...
"I fiirst saw him in the elevator and I was shocked and I had to step back...
it was horrifying"

-- well, that's the point isn't it? This HT sculpt is a devilish, horrifying, maniacal representation of Heath as The Joker. Those eyes, that expression -- to me it simply says "diabolical". :blackbat

And I have to add here that Les Walker's Joker as well as Josh's are superb representations as well.

I'd equate the best Jokers this way.

Les Walker - Calculating, Intelligent Joker
Dark Artist - Gangster Joker
Hot Toys - Insane Clown Joker

Each head really captures a different persona to the Joker from this film, and if you're lucky to get your hands on them, you'll have one sweet figure.

Each head really captures a different persona to the Joker from this film, and if you're lucky to get your hands on them, you'll have one sweet figure.

Has anyone lined 'em up yet? I'd love to see a comp.

Has anyone lined 'em up yet? I'd love to see a comp.

Best to do that with "in hand" Pics I would think. Les did a mock up of the HT repainted and it was amazing, I reposted it a couple pages back -- maybe if we used that pic we could line them up for a "Lineup".

I'm going to do a comp and also post shots of the Joker from the film that I associate each head with to demonstrate what I was saying.

Here ya go Sean, Les' redo on the right might work for this

JokerRepaintidea1A.jpg

I love comps...

Les Walker's JOKER ........................................ Hot Toys JOKER ..................................... DA Josh's JOKER

Les-HT-JoshJOKER.jpg

All 3 together for the first time.

Hey where can I see photos of these guys - I assume Les Walker and Dark Artist are customized versions?

And about what was being said earlier about the HT not looking like Heath Ledger since the Joker doesn't exactly look like him due to makeup and prosthetics etc - I don't actually know what normal Heath Ledger looks like - I'm not a big hollywood movie fan, and I don't watch much TV outside of HBO comedies, so I'd never heard of him before.

Me saying he didn't looke like Ledger specifically meant that he doesn't really look like Ledger as the Joker. But before people get mad, that's just my opinion, and it's not a criticism of the figure, I think the figure is amazing, and that it looks more crazy and surreal than the real thing, which is a plus.

When the Medicom Peter Parker came out, people swore that it looked just like Tobey Maguire, and I just saw very little resemblence in that case either. But in this case the HT is even better than reality, whereas the Medicom one was a nice sculpt, but it was pointless not looking like the actor.

Here ya go Sean, Les' redo on the right might work for this

JokerRepaintidea1A.jpg

Thanks Paul, I actually find a different angle shot of the HT figure demonstrates my point, you'll see what I mean, I'll show ya, HA HA HA HA HA

I love comps...

Les Walker's JOKER ........................................ Hot Toys JOKER .............................................. DA Josh's JOKER

Les-HT-JoshJOKER.jpg

All 3 together for the first time.

Straight from Wor-Gar's new Home Office! Nicely done! :rock

Boy, they all look Great, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back