Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joker
Batman (original suit)
Batman (dark knight suit)
Batmobile
Batpod

The plan is to make a huge diorama that is Gotham city to house all the figures. I'm thinking blown up buildings, cracked roads, fallen road signs and lights... the whole thing. I got my little taste doing the base for the Terminator figure and now I'm hooked. I'm thinking it'll have to be atleast 7x7 feet for it to hold the batmobile without looking too small!!

yeah, i'm crazy... I'll probably get others that Hot Toys are putting out. This is a line i'm not skimping on! I've already said it may just surpass "Aliens" as the greatest ever!!

Better plan on half the basement to make THAT dio.:D

I would hope so, but with the 2 busts also on the slate, I could see Batman and the busts in one load and Joker in another since he's the most complicated of batch 1 items, Batman's just rubber molding and such, but Joker has complex tailoring I could see keeping him from being ready right at the same time, but hopefully since they have to send it all to NA, they'll just hold off until they can send it off cuz it'll be two ships instead of one. I can't wait though, these are my most desired figures, and we'll still have to wait a few more months for TDK suit.

No. Its due out late August or early September. Shortly after.

No. Its due out late August or early September. Shortly after.

I thought that was rumor mill, would be great if that's accurrate. I really want the Pod, but the way I collect, I know I'm going to second guess owning it sometime after I have it, figures are easy to store not on display, that thing won't be and I already have my PL shelved in my closet for the moment.

I thought that was rumor mill, would be great if that's accurrate. I really want the Pod, but the way I collect, I know I'm going to second guess owning it sometime after I have it, figures are easy to store not on display, that thing won't be and I already have my PL shelved in my closet for the moment.

Yeah the dates are from Toys2.net. I had the Tumbler and Pod on preorder but recently cancelled them for the exact same reasons. If you have ANY doubts, don't get them, just my opinion though.

so is the dark knight suit due out later than this lot of figure ?.
I have an order with abc express for it and I was hoping to bid on something on ebay before I paid for it ?.

If you have ANY doubts, don't get them, just my opinion though.

Yup, I've wated some money here and there over the years on impulse collectibles. Almost bought the 12" Mattel TDK suit figure yesterday to have a 1/6 TDK suit figure until Hot Toys comes, and part of me was like it's only $30 but sense one and I finally said to myself, ya $30 for a figure in a few months won't ever see the light of day again. Same with the Pod, i'd have my fun, but then....

I think a Bank Robbery Joker is a given but what are the odds they'll be more incarnations of this character past that?

I think a Bank Robbery Joker is a given but what are the odds they'll be more incarnations of this character past that?

I would think a final version or something joker would be an obvious choice. In which his make up is running off his face, etc. Plus maybe at the end of the movie their is a final version Joker?

Depends, I think this character will be so complex, with sales doing so well, any incarnation is game for figure status. Until we see the movie though, we don't know what versions could be done, there could be stuff we haven't seen yet that'd make a great Joker figure.

I've commented before, the machine gun we all want for our figures may seem like an unnecessary accessory once we see him in the movie, right now it's prominent in the trailers.

I do not want to see
nurse's outfit Joker, that'd be disturbing.

If they can make a Cannibal Jack Sparrow they will make another Joker :rotfl

I think people are speculating, but if anyone knows how to bleed the last drop out of a license it's HT. There will definitely be another Joker.

Yeah, Ed is correct. HT usually gives as many different versions of a character that will sell, and Joker fits that bill. I foresee at least another one.

I know my Batman display is going to be massive after all of this ships. I will have 3 versions of the Joker, maybe 4. My custom rogues gallery of various characters, so far 4 of them. The Tumbler, TDK Batman, Begins Batman and Keaton Batman on another shelf. It's going be HUGE.

I already have a shelf ready for the Tumbler and am saving money for it, my Hulk PF is holding the spot for now. :lol

I would think a final version or something joker would be an obvious choice. In which his make up is running off his face, etc. Plus maybe at the end of the movie their is a final version Joker?

Found this really lovely hi res screenshot on the net. Wonderful make-up.

so is the dark knight suit due out later than this lot of figure ?.
I have an order with abc express for it and I was hoping to bid on something on ebay before I paid for it ?.

Yeah, the first ones out will be the new BB outfit and Joker, then the DK, the pod, then tumbler.

How'd you get to delay payment with ABC? Normally you have to pay up front.

Yeah, Ed is correct. HT usually gives as many different versions of a character that will sell, and Joker fits that bill. I foresee at least another one.

I know my Batman display is going to be massive after all of this ships. I will have 3 versions of the Joker, maybe 4. My custom rogues gallery of various characters, so far 4 of them. The Tumbler, TDK Batman, Begins Batman and Keaton Batman on another shelf. It's going be HUGE.

I already have a shelf ready for the Tumbler and am saving money for it, my Hulk PF is holding the spot for now. :lol

I think a lot of people are planning their real estate allotments for this license. Considering how much it is going to take, expect a massive selloff of other 1/6 figs in the near future. Jabba thrones...get ready for ebay or boxed in the basement:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back