1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local comic shop has this one. If he still has it on Wednesday, I just might get it. If I don't pay in full, I'll pay him for a few weeks. I have him PO'd on SSC but I haven't paid one flex payment yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really. I've gone back and forth on it. I'll probably just pass though. As a Batman fan I wouldn't mind having it but overall since I don't love the figure completely I don't feel compelled to buy it.

That's what I would do also if neither appeal to you. If you have to basically force or convince yourself to like it, then you shouldn't buy it. At least right away. That means it's not worth retail to you to have in your collection. One of those things where I'd like to have it, but not a big deal if I don't.

HT may also potentially make a BD Armored Batman. So you could always hold out hope for that and see how that looks.

Yeah truthfully a battle damaged version might appeal to me more if it's made. Although then I'd probably want the regular too. :lol I tend to like battle damaged figures more than standard in cases like armors like this or Iron Man though.

Yeah truthfully a battle damaged version might appeal to me more if it's made. Although then I'd probably want the regular too. :lol I tend to like battle damaged figures more than standard in cases like armors like this or Iron Man though.
I'm the exact opposite, case in-point, the DX-13. No doubt perhaps the best DX set from Hot Toys. I think I want it, find one I like price-wise, then never pull the trigger.

The DX13 is great. I have two of them (not full sets but two whole figures). I just think battle damage looks cool for some reason. I think with this figure in addition to not being the biggest fan of the suit is the faceplates. I don't really care for either of the two that come with this figure.

I did the same thing with swapping the stand of Armored Bats and Supes. Supes has Armored Bats's crotch hook while Armored Bats has Supes's c-clamp. Where did you put the c-clamp around Armored Bats at? Around his actual fabric suit just above the belt or around the armor? I put mine around the suit just above his belt; the fabric seems pretty firm and doesn't have any piping on it the way Supes's suit does, so I'm thinking it should be okay.

Yeah that's exactly where I put it too. Seems safe? Plus the clamp is hardly noticeable there. The long flight stand is all twisted around at the back, but hey, it's the back :p

The DX13 is still my favourite figure but the LED eye fading after a few minutes every time you switch it on still bugs me. Renders it virtually pointless apart from taking a few cool pics quickly. Hopefully the LED's in this Bats figure stay bright the whole time you leave it switched on.

The DX13 is great. I have two of them (not full sets but two whole figures). I just think battle damage looks cool for some reason. I think with this figure in addition to not being the biggest fan of the suit is the faceplates. I don't really care for either of the two that come with this figure.

I'm also a sucker for BD/Weathered figures. I understand that some collectors want the armors/clothings/etc looking factory fresh, but to me there's something about the added detailing on BD/weathering that makes the figures look more impressive and life-like. Someone on here contested my opinion before when I said that to me GOOD battle damage/weathering details are what separates a high-end, high-quality figure from a cheap one -- it's just that I haven't seen weathering done well on a cheaper figure compared to those made by HT or ThreeZero. I mean, it's easy to have the boots painted clean, but it's those little details like mud stains or mud splatter or those paint scratches done like actual paint chipping and not just dry brushed that make me say "wow", and think that the manufacturer is really passionate about the craft.

choose ur battles wisely :p

d9234edbdc3926f7892139c3726c4765.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up armored Batman from a Store here in NYC. Just opened the box to take a look - He looks AWESOME! Sealed him back up until I can display. Now I'm ready for the regular costume version & Knightmare Bats. I keep trying to stay away, but Hot Toys continues to tempt me. Any confirmation on when the other figures will hit the stores?

I did the same yesterday night. This guy in hand is outstanding!! I love it. A presence like not many others..[emoji7]

Just picked up armored Batman from a Store here in NYC. Just opened the box to take a look - He looks AWESOME! Sealed him back up until I can display. Now I'm ready for the regular costume version & Knightmare Bats. I keep trying to stay away, but Hot Toys continues to tempt me. Any confirmation on when the other figures will hit the stores?

What store?

Picked mine up last week and also picked up a BVS supes from a local collector. Loving them both! Now to wait for bats next week at my LCS

0871ace6909786cb5bcf4740d8c4a4b0.jpg

Looks great. What'd you use for the floor that they're standing on?

f27f62f57dfcac09a1f8d82edc66ef2a.jpg

It's a 12"x12" balsa wood square covered with sand mixed with PVA glue and painted. The above shot is midway through painting.

Here's another I made for when my bats comes in. Added some gloss medium, puddles, and a sidewalk piece to make it look like he would be standing in an alley.

7c1f8b8cf8d39e37625d807182b12f60.jpg

0148aefe36814a6d437ec50d120441d6.jpg

Back